Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JFQuebec

Sudden funding problem with hospitals and fire stations

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Has anyone experienced this? I am just now having a major funding problem with my hospitals and fire stations. in one of my cities

I set the funding to both to the maximum level and after running the game for a few minutes, I get a message that my firemen and hospital workers are on strike. I check the funding again, and it's down to zero. Even if I increase the funding again, it still goes down after a few moments (I can actually see the toolbar going down... ).

What is happening? I never ever experienced this bug before even though I have built many cities large and small... I even have other cities in the same region that do not get this problem.  And I don't have this problem with either police or education.

It assume it is a bug with a plugin (from someone with a wicked sense of humour) but I cannot find which one... I I haven't  used any new ones in this city or any from a, how can I put it..., non-reliable source.

Help!

Date: 2/24/2006 8:40:51 PM Author:JFQuebec
    Has anyone experienced this? I am just now having a major funding problem with my hospitals and fire stations. in one of my cities
    I set the funding to both to the maximum level and after running the game for a few minutes, I get a message that my firemen and hospital workers are on strike. I check the funding again, and it's down to zero. Even if I increase the funding again, it still goes down after a few moments (I can actually see the toolbar going down... ).
    What is happening? I never ever experienced this bug before even though I have built many cities large and small... I even have other cities in the same region that do not get this problem.  And I don't have this problem with either police or education.
    It assume it is a bug with a plugin (from someone with a wicked sense of humour) but I cannot find which one... I I haven't  used any new ones in this city or any from a, how can I put it..., non-reliable source.
    Help!

quote>

Sorry to bother but your'e in the wrong forum

• Original Poster
  • Oups... sorry... Which one then? Bugs and technical issues? Is there a way to delete this post in order to post it in the proper forum?

Date: 2/24/2006 8:50:30 PM Author: JFQuebec Oups... sorry... Which one then? Bugs and technical issues? Is there a way to delete this post in order to post it in the proper forum?
    quote>

Mods will probably move it 

well one of the main causes...though not the only one....is a modded park or civic building that you added to your game

been informed that it has something to do with exagereated raduis stats...though there could be other causes ( look for a museum or library for EQ values...or a hospital type one for HQ values, fire department for FD budget..etc etc)...there have been lots that effected more than one at the same time

look in your HQ or EQ views...look for new buildings and/or parks that shouldn't be lit in the view and are....or que each of the buildings in the city to find new custom lots recently added...then scan the lots with the SC4Tool program and check for wackyy stats accociated to the particular lot (yea...the old trial and error method...a pain...but it works)

I have had cities that this happened to even after bulldozing and removing the lot from my plugins....the ones that did this left a blue footprint behind in the EQ or HQ view modes and corupted the city...hopefully this won't happen to you...but it could be possible the city is no good (unless you want to play it and constantly adjust the budgets of the effected one every month form now on,

I had the same problem before the STEX was back up and running and thought my game was nearly doomed. Here is how I saved my own day. First if you have deleted a bat or lot that you had in your region, but you had not bulldozed it first before you deleted the file, it can cause just this kind of scenario. Example, I had 5 different hospitals running in my city. I got the STEX cd and so I decided I would delete one of the hospitals while I downloaded from the cd. Well I went back into my old city obviously to try out my new toys and whollah no funding for my hospitals, I mean I literally watched the funding just like you go to zero. How did I fix it, hehe god bless recycle bins, just restore the file you deleted and your back in business.