Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

strohberg

Tired of Weaknesspays? Heres the perfect cheat (only for mac)

44 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Welcome to the Article that will change the way you play Sim City 4 for ever.

Like many others I have encountered the stupid, low paying cheat, weaknesspays, which, at best, will give you wrist pain and never supply enough money unless you are willing to hit ctrl+command v and enter all day long.
    A money cheat giving me only $1000 at a time is barely worth using and more frustrating than helpfull. In my opinion it was created by EA to annoy the cheaters and force you to play the game the right way.
    But there is a very simple and easy way to get all the money the program can hold in a file.
    The trick is simple but might cost you real money. It is a simple version problem.
    Let me explain.
    There's an application, downloadable even on the apple website, called the cheat (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/games/utilities/thecheat.html).
    This application lets you search for and edit values within a game.
    So for instance lets say you are playing Sim City 4 and you just started a new City. Say you get $100000 to start with. Then you build a little bit of road and have $99970 left. You then need to go into your Cheat application, select sim city 4 and enter 99970 in the search. usually a couple of possibilities are shown in the search results. Then go back to Sim City 4 and spend a little more money. Say you build some more road and have $99930 left. Go back to the Cheat application and enter 99930 into the search field.
    The application has now filtered out the only 3 values that were 99970 and have changed to 99930. These are the ones you want to change
    Then select all 3 values and click the add values button. A window will pop up and you can enter a new value like 999999999. Click okay and then click apply cheat. The next time you spend money you'll have $999999999.
    Voila, you are now a filthy rich mayor.10.gif29.gif10.gif

And I already know what a lot of you are saying right now:
    But I can't switch to other applications when I'm in Sim City 4

This is the version problem I mentioned before.

I started on the regular Sim City 4 without Rush Hour and even with the updates it would not let me hide or switch to other applications.
    Then I got Sim City 4 Deluxe with Rush Hour and when you hold down the option key when starting up it would ask me if I wanted to play in a window from where I can now switch to my Cheat application. So if you want to use the cheat, make sure you get a version of Sim City 4 that lets you Play the game in a window or hide it.

Have fun and let me know if this worked for you

That worked perfectly for me. You can even have the cheat refreshed every 5 seconds (or you can specify the time yourself). I guess the only downside is that every time you want to use this, you will need to load The Cheat, launch SimCity 4 in window mode and do the search string. But if you max out your money, you won't have to do it too often. Overall, an awesome find. Thanks for sharing it!

Alternatively, you could use the Simoleon RH Modd by Raphaelninja, which gives you $100,000,000 for easy level, etc. Once the stex is back up, you should have no problems finding it.

Changing to another application (even without RH and without playing in a window) should be fairly easy. Hit CMD-H to hide the game or CMD-TAB to switch between running applications.

I can't make this work. SimCity seems to hijack my iMac. I hold down option key, I select that I want to play the game in windowed mode - SimCity doesn't care & I go to full screen anyway. CMD-H or CMD-Tab don't work either - any ideas? i've never updated it, perhaps thats the problem. I'll try that and see if it works. ps - this is with SC4 and Rush Hour. *EDIT*- got it to work & I'm not really sure how. After I installed the updates I still couldn't play in windowed mode. messed around with the settings a bit, selected a custom window resolution and now I have SC4 in a window ... though it could have been by anything, I think that was the trick. Thanks for the hint!

This is quite interesting. Okey, there's plenty another ways and downloads to get money, but in theory it is possible change for example population. I just didn't find out how to do that. And if only the amount of sims is changed, there weren't enough houses for them. Have to keep on trying.

Ummm.... I just downloaded it and I can't get it to work. I opened the game up in window form and opened up The Cheat and typed in the amount of money I had and it gave me all of these like numbers and letters and then the first two digits of the amount and I can't get any other variables to load.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey Chonazz....Welcome to Simtropolis.

In answer to your question, simply hold down the apple key whilst double clicking the game app...You should have a popup window appear. Here you can tell it to play in a window and set the resolution.

Hope this helps.

You can do other crazy things using this program if you find out other variables of the game. I am currently trying to find somethings out.

this is very cofusing. you know like once you download it it comes up withThe Cheat icon, sample cheats, BrokenZipper.com, ect. all in a box i clicked installation txt. and told me to drag it into my application folder. i think thats the one where you click on the Macintosh HD icon and go to the left column and click on applications and drag it there. i do that. then what?

Sounds like a Mac OS X version of an OS 9 program called Pandora's Box. Pandora's Box basically did the same exact thing.

Question: Could you use this program to modify the values of the demand for certain classes of sims?

Originally posted by: Cheese89 There is a program very similar to this available for windows called Artmoney (http://www.artmoney.ru/). I used it for a while, but now I use mods to get my money.quote>

thankyou cheese! I've been trying to find that for ages (I downloaded it years ago but I couldn't remember what it was called)

I have the same problem as Karrkid12. When I search for anything at all, TheCheat finds 0 matches. Even if I just search for the number 1, or some random letter - anything at all, I get no search results 15.gif

I use it, too. I figured a billion at a time would be safe, and it affords me the luxury of trying any configuration of lots and streets, roads, parks, etc. that I want to try, bulldozing at will, and never having to ask if there's enough money to do so.

Bear in mind that I'm an old hand at Sim City, and had mastered the ability to build cities from scratch with no cheats long, long ago. In fact, that was what originally attracted me to the game. I used to love the strategy of it. But after the umpteenth city, you know exactly what to do, and there isn't any challenge in that anymore. It just becomes a matter of waiting for your cities to grow enough money to get creative with the layout. SC4/RH offers a whole new game-play concept: realism. Making cities that are more interesting to the eyes is a new challenge for me, and one I first played with in SC 3000, which visually was an amazing improvement over SC2000. But even with the greater detail of SC3000, it wasn't really "real" looking. It took SC4 to start approaching anything like realism. Now, with all the great BATs, mods, and lots you can download, your cities can take on very customized looks. But doing it on a treasury budget becomes an academic pain in the anatomy. "Cheats" make it possible. Personally, I feel that this should be a gameplay option and don't consider it cheating at all. This is just a new evolution in the many ways to enjoy one of the oldest and greatest games for the Mac. ...er... computers. 2.gif Use it with impunity, but if you're new to the game, be sure to learn the traditional way, too. SC is pretty amazing for its complexity, and learning to navigate the tools given you to produce a functioning, happy city that's rolling in simoleons is not something to avoid. It's very (i hate to use the word) educational!

Shooshie

did it. installed it. searched my value, but doesn't show anything. Thought it might be the comma, as in, for instance 9,704. Is the comma in the search, as in 9704, or 9,704? But still doesnt' find any of them. What's wrong?