Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fabiocb

Game crashes, please help me.

14 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Well

I've been playing a city for a while and when I was bulding an airport with the new version of Joerg airport mod, I made the lanes and placed the terminal, but when I tried to place a tarmac or the control tower the game simply crashes and exit from the SC4 right away, I didn't save the game, but now I can't open the city it crashes when it is about to open.

Help me please.

Fabio.

Im sorry to say theres nothing you can do if the game now crashes upon trying to load the city its because the city file has been corupted. this can not be repaired . hopfuly you have a back up of the city .
      ps delite the airport pack and reinstall it just incase a file in it became corupted as well.
     pss the aire port pack does work correctly you just had some bad luck im sorry to say.
        but hay its happened to us all alest once .

Also, make sure you download the Airport Support File by Swamper77. This will help to solve some problems.

Best of luck (and I hope this doesn't delay your new CJ)...

• Original Poster
  • but I've been using this mods/bats for a long time, so I think that it must be something else.

help me please, that is by years light my best city 8.gif 

• Original Poster
  • @ Tchaos

Thannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

a lot man, you helped me in a wrong/right way  17.gif  , actually when I take it of the game stop crashing 29.gif

but my city still doesn't open 8.gif14.gif

HELP anyone knows if I can make something so this will work again, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeee 15.gif

If you don't have a back up of your city then you will have to put it in the trash and start over again. I know this sucks the same thing happened to me with the same airport pack. I deleted thee city and everything was back to normal.

Strange things happen with this game that don't happen with any other game I've ever played.  It's possible to play for months without a problem and then suddenly it starts crashing.  You need to backup your cities frequently and save often while playing because, sooner or later, it's going to get you and without good backups you can loose everything.10.gif 

I had and still have the same problem.

how i fixed this was to go in region view and deleate the city 2 times.

you have to do this 2 time or it doesn't work. then you just simply start a new city and it works. i' have also tried importing or making a duplicate regions and importing the city back into the old one. it works sometimes based on what it is.

This also can happen if you swich plugins. you can enter a city but when you leave you cannot enter ever again. strange isn't it.

One of the problems that we seem to be seeing more and more is conflicts with plugins that lead to unusable cities.

I want to remind readers that every plugin should be tested when you get it, one at a time. Shotgunning plugins may result in incomaptibilites.

Also, identifiers in the game are sometimes getting overridden by BATs because of the limited bandwidth of these id's. When this happens, all bets are off.

Date: 2/24/2006 5:29:25 PM Author: N_O_Body One of the problems that we seem to be seeing more and more is conflicts with plugins that lead to unusable cities. I want to remind readers that every plugin should be tested when you get it, one at a time.  Shotgunning plugins may result in incomaptibilites. Also, identifiers in the game are sometimes getting overridden by BATs because of the limited bandwidth of these id's.  When this happens, all bets are off.
    quote>

Yes i agree, unfortunately now i have tried my method and now the game crashes on old cities that were deleted.
    So it's back to square 1, i don't know why but it seems that it's crashing more often than not.

My game seems to have been crashing a lot recently aswell. However, it only seems to happen when my city gets more developed - smaller cities are no problem at all, but the larger ones frequently crash. It's getting really annoying now.

When i do manage to save and quit SimCity properly, I occasionally get a message saying 'Windows Virtual memory too low', and that my virtual memory is being increased. Could this be the cause?

Originally posted by: DavidBrown

My game seems to have been crashing a lot recently aswell. However, it only seems to happen when my city gets more developed - smaller cities are no problem at all, but the larger ones frequently crash. It's getting really annoying now.

When i do manage to save and quit SimCity properly, I occasionally get a message saying 'Windows Virtual memory too low', and that my virtual memory is being increased. Could this be the cause?quote>

You have discovered one of the truths of this game. It is a memory hog as well as a processor hog. You should set your virtual memory to between 2.5 and 3 times the size of your RAM or 4096MB whichever is smaller for the minimum, and 4096MB for the max. 4096MB is the upper limit for XP, but it won't take it unless you tell it.

The load size depends on the size of your tile, the population and layout of your city and the size of your plugins load. The plugins are loaded into memory at the beginning of the session and remain resident, used or not.