Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

storms991

Building Construction Update thread

25 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Here you can post images of construction updates of many different buildings. This thread is concerning large skyscrapers, ones that most people know ofMost pictures arecourtesy of Skyscrapercity.com. Let's make this first post short, so people will actually read this thread and post.
    First, a building all of you, or mostly all of you should know of the Burj Dubai- supposed to be around 800m when finished.
    A render of the project
    Burj Dubai.bmp
    Construction update
    Burj Dubai2.bmp
    I believe that it is at around 29 floors
    Feel free to post!
    Thanks.
    Hope this turns out to be a good thread.

800 feet!?!?!?!?!46.gif, damn,...how many floors is it gon be

**edit....oops i meant metres.....but 800 feet is still tall.....but 800 metres!?!?!........holy sh*@46.gif

• Original Poster
  • Well, the Burj's height is actually disputed, its top secret, so no new buildings that have been proposed can have their designs changed so they can get the title.
    Post about anything, just give the right information,
    Here's some interestin pics
    Shangai World Financial Center
    shanghaifut6qa.jpg
    Cool, yea

54574_1139895222.jpg

Building progress on the Shangai World Financial Center if its new to anyone. I believe that it is at around 29, the same as the Burj, and is around 136 meters tall, around 408 feet.
    Recent rendering
    9153964_1128499382.jpg
    Thats all for right now

Micah: Well, I think it will be finished December 31 2008 which will be a very spectacular New Years Eve.

profecy: I believe that it will be around 180 floors, correct me if I'm wrong.

newyorkstate: This forum doesn't have enough Badwidth to support all the information we can give you about Dubai, which is the fastest growing city in the world. Just search Dubai on Yahoo! and you will be amazed at what you see.
    To All: Thanks for posting, and keep posting, I restate my point and will say that you may post about any tall building. You just have to give the correct information about it.
    Thanks!

You know the 2020 picture is quite beautiful.  However, it is sad that with such beauty there will be such problems as:  Pollution, Traffic Congestion, Over Population, Deteration of the Enviornment, etc.

• Original Poster
  • I hope they come up with some green alternatives to help with city life, once this happens, I bet that everyone will move back to the cities.

Date: 2/22/2006 7:34:09 PM
    Author:storms991
    Burj Dubai2.bmp

I believe that it is at around 29 floors
    quote>

WHOA WHOA WAIT, a half mile high and that's how small the base is gonna be??? am I missing something? or is the girth not finished yet?

oh and that city also built a HUGE ski slope, HUGE ski slope with real snow in the desert too. desert_skiing_2.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Take a look at the render, the base is supposed to be in a kinda + flower shape, I also headr bout the ski slope, amazing what these Dubaians are doing, yea.
    P.S. I will update regularly every 3 days.

this is  nice to see too:

they are busy in dubai to build a lot of islands people can buy one island and put a house on it 1.gif
    dubai_palm-island.jpg

050228_dubai_island_hlg7a.hlarge.jpg

this is there idea:

14128710_53db6adfb4_o.jpg

That's just mad! Building private islands... Well, I guess that's better than the desert!

And the Burj Dubai is ridiculous. It would take hours to get to the top floor, and then you'd probably pass out from exhaustion!

Originally posted by: Eskiman

That's just mad! Building private islands... Well, I guess that's better than the desert! And the Burj Dubai is ridiculous. It would take hours to get to the top floor, and then you'd probably pass out from exhaustion!quote>

Nah... they can make elevators go pretty fast if they want.  Mind, it'd still take a while, but it'd be fun to ride an elevator going ~30mph.

Though, I'm still wondering when Dubai's going to bust... it's going to happen, just can't tell when.  Unless the oil goes out.

-ACE

As for the tallest tower, the picture doesn't give you an idea of scale. The abse is about 100m diametre and is in a sort of tripod arrangement. The piled foundations for these took 3 months to build and go a taggering 80m down into the bedrock and I think there were about 100 of these piles. each 1m diameter. It is a huge construction project. In shanghi the towers there after the initial foundations were made, the steel and concrete frame was able to be cast at 1 floor every day for the structure (working 24/7). For the dubai building based on an average 5m per storey height (includes all floor thicknes's and service voids) it works out at 160 floors (though there will probably be height differences and a tower on top, but its still over 100 stories high) as for the isaldns, whats going to happen when the ice caps melt and the sea rises?? I hope they buld aequate breakwaters and sea defenses, I certainly wouldn't want to live there when the seas rise.

I have seen some concepts of ideas from japan with hi speed lifts, they have to be a rack and pinion system up guide rails, as for teh heights involved the cable would have to be huge and take masses of streess, also think of the size of the winding gear!! In teh pic (can't find it to post) they had seats around the lift car, and they had seat belts LOL!!!!!! I think this lift went about 35mph, but started slow and acelerated and braked gradually.

• Original Poster
  • Yey small update time, got home from playing tennis!! 6 hours today... so tired! I shall make a much bigger update afterwards.

Burj Dubai

remember huge pic-

1012304003su.jpg

more to come!!

Anyone hear about the Fordham? I heard it got approved, but not sure. Could someone tell me? Its to be about 2000 feet tall...
     Just realized that i put meters instead of feet. Whoa, 2000 meters tall? could i be that stupid??