Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

poops2u

Hartsdale--An Urban-American CJ

32 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Hello,

This region, Hartsdale, is going to be my first real attempt at a CJ. It was inspired by New York, and i hope you will be able to see that too.

The map I used is Desz02091's Compact Region #8.

Here's some teasers of the road map:
    Hartsdaletraf1.jpg

And
    Hartsdale.jpg

Please Comment!
    More to follow in a few hours!

wow, I'm really looking forward to more updates!
    The road layout is great imho, but there are almost no bridges between the eastern part and the rest, except for two at the top. :O

Wow, great start, the transit map looks very promising.  I can't wait for more pics.  It looks like you already have alot done, please post very soon!

44.gif29.gif

A lot of grid - where's the suburbs? - although I personally like the fact there's only one bridge connecting the East to the West; in Providence RI, about where I live, there are only two ways to cross the Naragansett Bay:  through Providence or through Newport via toll bridge.  They are 20 miles apart.  So I think it adds realism.44.gif

Yeah, the two bridges (one freeway, one surface road) is totally realistic for a city like this. The NAM's traffic files will make it a moot issue. I like the mass-grid; you should be able to create block-after-block of row homes with that setup.

wheres da burds dude!?!?!...lol nah im only playin, i really like ur transit network, i really do, reminds me of new york can wait to see ur airport, im a also and airport freak9.gif(along wit greenspace), nice start dude, real nice start, cant wait for more

**edit....i c it was inspired by new york....very fitting**

**double edit...i really like ur network, i want that map**

• Original Poster
  • Hey,

I know I said I would update yesterday, but with the servers out for the better part of yesterday, I decided to put off the update till later today. However, I didn't realize so many people had stopped in.

Sisu, Fabiocb, rooker1, GMT, Profecy, Irishgrapes, Elbarto92 and jcabassa: Thanks for all your comments!

Lapse, pickled_pig, oroen and everyone else:There seems to be some confusion as to the bridges and crossings. I hate to say this to all of you who liked the two bridge idea, but:

Hartsdaletunnels.jpg
    I hope this clears out the confusion.

A real update should hopefully come later today!

• Original Poster
  • Whew, I hope I get this through!

Here's some more pics:

Downtownview1.jpg
    grandcentral2.jpg
    Downtunnelent.jpg
    Eastunexit.jpg
    CrownHeights3.jpg
    cityhall4.jpg
    Unilookingholmanspark5.jpg
    Rowhomes1.jpg
    random22.jpg
    random10.jpg
    Does anyone know how to post pics w/o needing those words in between the pics?

Anyway, that's the update. THANK YOU to all the BATters whose wonderful creations I used in my cities.

Please Comment! I will appreciate it alot!

Wow.  The amount of green space is quite remarkable... I ususlly have trouble saving that amount of a city for parks.  Love your museum district (Crown Heights) - it secures your growing city as an intellectual center... and the SimNation needs more of those1.gif.  I can forgive you for having 4 river crossings.

to stop the un-spacing in between the pics, instead of typing sentences in between, try using HTML. after every pic, type <br><br> without quotes. EXCELLENT CJ, btw.

-bubbagump

Great interchange, that set up would be perfect for use with a toll road. I also like how frontage roads or collector-distributor lanes were used along the main highway.

Dan

great update, i loving this cj, great job dude, its really good, honestly one of best cj's i've seen in a long time(excludin replicas of course)

**I STILL WANT DAT MAP**9.gif