Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rochefort

Some Of My Maxis Parks Have Dissappeared

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Some of my Maxis parks have dissappeared.  The small park, medium park and medium playground are still in the parks menu but when I plop em, they're just dirty grass squares.

I wondered if anyone was aware of a conflict on a recent STEX offering that has an adverse affect on the in game parks.

Alternatively if anyone has a theory on this, I'd be grateful to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

Rochefort

most of the maxis things  disappeared in my game ... it just happens you know...

well actually you don't even need them anyway ... we have amazing stuff enought on the STEX

You have very likely found a sad truth. Some of your downloads have the same identifier as the standard parks, perhaps.

If you really care, start working on testing your plugins to find out which it is. When you find out, you have to decide what to do.

Something similar happended to me and the problem was the SC4 patch
    In your case, maybe you downloaded parks from the STEX that replaces MAXIS parks
    Chapo1617.gif

if the parks are still there...check your graphic setting...if they been lowered to default levels (which are ussually low) try turning the setting up...if that doesn't work...most likely downloaded an overwrite lot (this hapens when someone edits one of the original lots in the ot Editor, and use the save command, not the save as command)

look for recently download lots if it's the latter

Okay here is one for you guys.

I downloaded some new parks yesterday for my latest Venician style City. One of those parks replaced a park, that I had made previously. My suspicion is; the creator of my STEX DL LOT ended up having the same intance ID as my cheesier tacky LOT and my install of that one simply replaced mine? Just a guess, But I scolled and scrolled through my Parks drop down and it really is vanished.

no the park isn't gone....the game just shows the last lot or file loaded...if there are two with the same id #

if you remove the 1, the other will return

Hey, that is good to know, Tolomar, thanks. Actually, I can do without my cheesier looking LOT anyways. I DL'ed everything canal or remotely canal related on the STEX the past two days. Strangely, there not any good Venician style buildings. The kind that have foundations right  down into the canal edge, sort of. I love MickeBears, Style of BATs and of course Oppies, Pegasus, SimGoober, etc...Off topic, I know.