Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Compromise

Microsoft Flight Simulator X

7 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • Microsoft a while ago announced the Microsoft Flight Simulator X (10). The name is a surprise to a lot of people as normally Microsoft number there flight simulators by the year they came out (such FS 2002, 2004 e.t.c) so most people were expecting it to be called FS 2006 but Microsoft seems to have decided to drop that idea, at least for the time being.

The game will be designed to run on Windows Vista (the new Windows operating system replacing XP) and there will only be a DVD edition so will have according to Microsoft as a result better graphics and even more realism.  Also included will be 55 missions to improve game play, some Airbus planes (without custom content or expansion packs) for the first time and also the default 737 in the game will be upgraded from a 400 to an 800.*

This is quite exciting but the game will not come out to late 2006 at the earliest so will just have to wait and watch as the game progress's towards release date.

Some information links...

*Note not all of this is from very reliable sources.

yes they seem to have been dropping the year thing now, for example I think that the next office is MS office 12. Sounds better really. It does rather annoy me how they are releasing games only for vista like halo 2, as i feel that i dont want to buy an operating system unless i know its stable or not, eg XP did have quite a lot of errors when it came out, which i luckily avoided because by the time i got a PC with XP SP1 had been released and the system was far more stable than previously. However saying that MS havent rushed this one, its been five years since the last which means it will (hopefully) be more fullproof than previous windows versions when released. I dont know if ill buy FSX, because ive havent really followed the series (i owned 1 game), but I imagine it could be interesting.

• Original Poster
  • Fortunatley acording to Microsoft this game will still run on XP so we don't have to worry about having to upgrading to Vista althougth I probabley will anyway. This is also one of the longest gaps between a Flight Simulator with the normal gap been about two years but by the time this comes out it will be not far off three which could mean this one won't have as many bugs either but I think the real reason for the delay was to wait for Vista.

holy moly!
    I love flight simulators! especially the ones from microsoft.. too bad i have a slow pc... and to play it in poland you will have to pay something about 100$.. that's a bit  41.gif

22.gif

• Original Poster
  • Yes this game always has been exspensive even in the UK and I think FS 10 will be no exception. In FS 2002 I remember they devided the game up between standard and profeshinal edition to vary the price a bit but they scrapped it for FS 2004 and probabley will again for FS 10.

WOW!!! 6.gif  It might not be from reliable sources, but some of it has to be real, doesn't it? 9.gif

DVD version???  Holy cow if that's true it MUST be nice graphics then.

Let's just expect alot from Microsoft so that if they churn out a mediocre game, we can complain... and that's always fun... 3.gif