• Announcement

• Dirktator

Got the wrong discs? Or didn't receive them in the mail?   06/20/2018

For those who opted for physical discs -- if you donated between April - June and you received the WRONG discs or NO discs in the mail, please email stexcd@simtropolis.com and include your donation info such as Paypal transaction ID and we will get this rectified!
JohnnyBGoode

Introduce Yourself Here!

4,206 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hiya, @Jackspital. Welcome back from your hiatus from the games. *:)

3 hours ago, Jackspital said:

I recently got back into SC3000 ...

As you've prolly noticed we gave SC3000 it's own top level forum and it's own category on the STEX.

And I personally recovered all extant custom building files (a little over 10k of them) from the old Building Exchange which I make available for peeps to download upon request. The zip file weighs in at 650 MB so I just toss it on a temporary hosting site when anyone wants a copy.

3 hours ago, Jackspital said:

... and 4

I know you've found the forums for 4 so no new comment. *;)

Hello, everyone. My name is Oscar. I've got many interests, including videogames, animated series, reading, finding and listening to new music.  I've also got a liking to programming since it's become useful in solving some problems in my career as of late. I only mess around with it, to be honest, but I find it fun.

Although not new to the city simulation games, I'm new to the forums. I started playing SC4 back in 2008 but stopped circa 2010. Back then it was a game that my PC could barely run, but I had lots of fun designing cities' grids and planning the zones. A few days ago I saw the game with a discounted price at GOG, so I thought it'd be nice to try it again. I still keep my library of plugins in an external hard drive, but said HDD is 300 km away from me, tough luck.

I used to frequent Simtropolis a lot. I didn't understand a thing of what the forum or the description for the plugins said, since my English was awfully bad. I'm a little better at it now and so now I can properly read what a given plugin does, back then it was just trial and error. And here I am, trying to get a hold of how to build cities in SC4 again, getting plugins and have fun in the forums and in-game.

Hiya, Oscar. Welcome Simtropolis! *:)

As you know it's super easy to sign up for a Simtropolis account *:lol: and we are happy to have you aboard. You've made a good purchase by getting the GOG version of SC4 as that's the best digital version available. We have oodles of topics for the game and lots of friendly peeps to answer questions you might have. Feel free to jump right in replying to topics or create your own.

As a shameless plug, you can check out my About Me page for linkys to some cool stuff. Most new peeps love the various picture shoppes I created for terrain related mods. *;)

@Jackspital  @xechid

Hi and welcome back to the site / welcome to the site. *:)

The good news is nowadays with hardware advances (especially processor power and the availability of RAM), it's possible to enjoy building cities of many types and styles to a greater extent. Also the knowledge in the community and all the amazing BATs, lots, and mods which can add so many new possibilities. In terms of custom content, my #1 top tip going forward would be to start small. It can be all too easy to get overwhelmed since there's so much to choose from.

And of course, if you've ever any questions about the games or Simtropolis, feel free to ask away.

Hey all!
I'm a very long time player, having started with what I believe was the original game back in 1992 while I was stationed in Antarctica. I've been playing off and on ever since. I'm eager to learn more about downloading new buildings to vary my cities even more. Professionally, I'm a chef living in San Francisco although I've lived throughout much of the US and in a few different countries. I'm looking forward to learning more!