JohnnyBGoode

Introduce Yourself Here!

4,157 posts in this topic Last Reply

1 hour ago, vivarenedius said:

I am 34 years old from Puerto Rico i still use 3d modeler apps with new hard drive pc

Hiya, vivarenedius. Welcome to Simtropolis! *:)

Do you use any of your 3d modelling for a City Building game? *:???:

2 minutes ago, vivarenedius said:

i have 3dsmax 2015 but i have problem installin bat4max

We have friendly and knowledgeable peeps here who can prolly help. You could start a new topic in the SC4 BAT - Open Discussion forum and those smart gurus can help. (I know almost nothing about bat4max other than I've heard of it.)

Hi.

I am a programmer and hobbyist game developer.

I'm working on a simulation game and wondered if it would be appropriate to make a post about in the "other simulation games" sub-forum and ask for some feedback?

Best regards!

Hiya, Project Longhouse. Welcome to Simtropolis! *:)

2 hours ago, Project Longhouse said:

I'm working on a simulation game and wondered if it would be appropriate to make a post about in the "other simulation games" sub-forum and ask for some feedback?

Yep. That's perfectly fine. Feel free to post there, add pictures, linkys to your own site, or what-have-you. Tho, I'll let you know ahead of time very few peeps peruse that section so you may or may not get many replies. *;)

Well, guess I might as well introduce myself. So... hello. I'm Yu Narukaze. I got into SC4 when I found out it was moddable, especially compared to SimCity 2013, my first foray into the series. (I have an obsession with modding games, for some reason.) It's been very fun so far.

Well… It’s been a while, hasn’t it?  Perhaps I should re-introduce myself.

I’ve been gone for quite a while.  Actually, I haven’t really been gone per se, I just stopped posting.  You know how life’s like that.  One thing leads to another, and then you’ve effectively abandoned something you previously loved.  I have been on several endeavors elsewhere online.  So, I popped in on this site every occasionally, and downloaded a few things here and there.  After A Nonny Moose’s passing, I decided that I wanted to get back into SimCity 4.  It was then that I realized how much I missed the game, and how much I missed it here.  I had a general idea as to what I wanted to do, but didn’t think too seriously about doing it.

I don’t know if anyone else on this forum does it (but if anyone does, they’re probably a regular here), but I like to dream up fictitious cities using real buildings.  I do this obsessively.  Sometimes, there are buildings I made up.  Others, there are buildings that never actually got built in real life.  I have a whole world of these cities in my head (and in a really elaborate set of Word documents).  I would love to build one of these cities in a game, but I realize that’s never going to happen.  They’re just too complex, and too many buildings that aren’t available.

That does lead to the one thing that brought me back.  There are a few cities I think about more than others.  And one of them has a plaza near the waterfront with the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art on one side.  When Mattb325 uploaded that building to the STEX, I knew it was time to come back.  But I knew I couldn’t build one of the cities I dreamed up, so I had to work with what I have.  I had thought about rebuilding Saturnia to be like it was back then, but ultimately decided not to.  So I got working on a new, original city that I hadn’t planned.  That was a couple months ago.  I’ve made pretty good progress on this city so far.  I call it New Camden.  I’ve plopped just about everything I wanted to have plopped.  Now I just need to wait for things to grow.  It’ll still take a while to finish, so I don’t know when it’s coming up.

By the way, I’m going to be changing my username sometime soon.  I no longer use Mr. Saturn64, except under special circumstances.  Plus, I’ve changed a lot.  I started using the forums when I was a lonely idiot in 8th grade.  I’m in college now.  Needless to say, a lot of things change during that time.  Aside from SimCity 4, I hardly play any video games at all anymore.  I think it’s time for a change.

By the way, I noticed that on the latest "donate to Simtropolis" ad that pops up on your screen, one of my pictures is in the bottom left corner.  That pleased me much more than it should have.

I don’t have very much more to say.  I’m happy to be back.

Well hiya, Mr-Whatever-Your-Name-Is-Going-To-Be-Once-You-Change-It. And welcome back. *:)

For me you touched on a lot of what I like about SC4. I have so much more going on in my mind as I play than is actually in the game. It's like a full featured movie with Sims living their dreams and others having their lives disrupted like when the new freeway paves itself right over the top of their homes.

BTW, the board settings are that you can change your member name once per 365 days so you should have one available when you are ready. If you have any trouble with it just let me know. I have access to the tools to help out. (I don't actually know where they are nor how to do it, but if it comes up I'll learn.) *;)

-Cori (always-the-same-name-with-no-intention-to-ever-change-except-when-I-was-little-and-went-by-Rina)

17 minutes ago, Sto0rm said:

Hi guys.

Hiya, Sto0rm. Welcome to Simtropolis. *:)

And welcome back to the game. You've made an excellent decision to take up SC4 again. It has grown larger and better over the years. There are about a zillion (give or take) mods and bats available and we have an active community of friendly peeps who'll help out with any questions you might have.

Helllo to everyone!

My name is Piotr, which is polish equivalent of english Peter. I'm from Wrocław, Poland and I'm 20 year old student of Mining and Geology in local Technical University. Since I was ten or eleven I used to play SC4 and I spent countless hours in this game, mostly developing Goverland project, which perhaps some of you know from SC4 Devotion, SimCity Polska or AIN. Though I was really into city-building community for many years, I had some break until discovered and bought Cities: Skylines, which I consider of an one true heir to SimCity 4 ;) (lama, why?). Yesterday I posted first screens in a C:S City Journals sections, so I'd like to invite everyone to visit my newly-established topic called Sigmundstad and Viken.

Hiya, Piotr. Welcome to Simtropolis. *:)

4 hours ago, Piterdaw said:

student of Mining and Geology

Does that help you with map creation in the game?

Yesterday I posted first screens

Looks good. (I'm not a CSL player myself so I generally never go to that section.) I know we have wonderful peeps over in the CSL forums so I hope you have lots of fun and great interactions there. Btw, I made the "Sigmundstad and Viken" part of your post an embedded linky so peeps can click it to go directly to your topic.

(lama, why?)

(We are using them in honor of the upcoming Trixies Award Ceremony. You can get the regular ones by prefixing them with an asterisk or just selecting them from the Simtropolis group in the emoticons menu.)