やばい

A little help please! Asset shape becomes odd in the game!

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

The first picture is from 3ds max, the second one is from asset editor, why the shape became so odd? how to fix it?

1.png

2.png

QQ浏览器截图20180911082722.png

QQ浏览器截图20180911083506.png

Edit: I fixed it, but I don't know the reason. I convert my asset to obj file, somehow the building became normal in the game again.

• Original Poster
  • On 2018/9/11 at 9:09 PM, Darf said:

You probably did some transforms in 3dsmax, without resetting x form. You can find it in the last tab in 3ds max.

Thank you so much!! I fixed the issue!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gobrowns
        When Loading Screen Mod shows you the number of assets being loaded, what is it counting? I've noticed sometimes I'll subscribe to an asset and its several required props and such, and it's considered 1 asset, while other times I'll subscribe to 1 asset with no additional requirements and it counts as several assets. 
        Any clue? Thanks!
      • By AmiPolizeiFunk
        Hi Simtropolians,

I'm building my home town, Berlin, with the help of your many mods and assets (I am using 70+ mods and 600+ assets). I started playing Cities:Skylines about 2 months ago and I'm enthused by the activity happening here and in the Steam Workshop. Thank you guys! 

I'm endeavoring to add some of my own custom assets to the Workshop, but I'm new to the entire process. I'm good at photoshop, but I suck at Blender! I booted blender for the first time last week, so I'm at the rough end of a steep learning curve. You guys have been very helpful to get me over a few stumbling points. Now I'm getting ready to publish a couple of items and I'd like to run them by you first. I'm trying to start simple, but even simple objectives seem to morph into week-long efforts. Please let me know how my work can be improved.

I've got a Checkpoint Charlie cooking (check my screenshot stream on steam or on twitter, if you're interested), but let's start with the Rosinenbomber from the Deutsches Technikmuseum:

I found a DC-3 model by Giovanni E and lifted it to the top of the stock library with some prop anarchy:

I was happy to find a DC-3, but the model has some texture problems (the illumination map is always fully on) because it's an old model and was probably made before After Dark. In wanting to fix the lighting problem, I wound up re-texturing the entire model to specifically be the famous Berlin C-47 "Rosinenbomber," as well as adding some propellers.

It's starting to look decent in-game, but I still have some shadowing issues that I'm working on around the windows.

I'd like to improve the body texture so that it looks more silvery and less white in the sun (I'm using PhotoReal3 LUT and Daylight Classic mods).

Here are my current diffuse and spec maps:

How would I go about improving the look of the body surface? I'd like it to be more shiny and silvery.

My next question is, what is a good approach to make the LOD model?

Thx for looking & thx in advance for your suggestions.
        -Ami
      • By Lost Gecko
        I've just released my first assets and I decided to create a post not because there is much to see, but rather because as an inexperienced modeler it will be a good place to collect feedback and ask for advice. (I would like to keep the forum clean from my numerous questions!)
        So my project is a modular medieval wall that is currently made out of 7 parts of a 6m high set. This is the short version, which is suitable for town walls, but a 12m set is planned. I might also do a 9m version but don't quote me on that.
        The wall parts are based on the great "stone wall" template of Sparks, so they can be placed freely and conform to terrain. I tried to make their stats balanced in terms of entertainment value. I wanted the towers to avoid flattening the terrain and as I'm not good with playing with building's properties, I went with a water tower template without stats. It's not the most convenient but it works. It's also worth noting that the assets only really work well with an anarchy mod (especially the gates that I made without roads for more freedom).
        Here is the link to the collection: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=718095394
        New short pieces and the tall set are on the way, but probably not before the end of July. You can leave suggestions or feedback so that I can improve my future assets!

• By vitusweb
        Hi,
        I'm trying to make an underground fountain and I have a weird issue which is driving me crazy.
        If I use the "Basement" shader in the Asset Editor, I get it correct as in the upper half of the screnshot.
        Nevertheless, it seems that the edges close to ground are extruded in game as they are interpreted as building foundations.
        I had already tried the "NoBase" shader, but in that case I have the problem already in the Asset Editor.
        If I delete the water jets which are subbuildings, I get it working sometimes by tweaking the height with MoveIt. Still, as soon as I place the jets as separate buildings, the foundations appear again.
        Thanks for any suggestions!

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
        Hello Simtropolians,

Please help us debug some clipping issues that are occurring with MartinausBerlin's new Federal Ribbon buildings project. Martin (author of the Berlin Hauptbahnhof) has been working on this epic project for many months and I'm helping him debug it so that he can publish it on the workshop. The project consists right now of 3 objects:

1. Paul-Löbe-Haus (or PLH) which is the one next to the Reichstag (on the right in this pic)
        2. a prop bridge (which connects the two buildings over the river)
        3. Marie-Elisabeth-Lüders-Haus (MELH) across the river (on the left in this pic)
        "Paul" and "Marie" (as we like to call them, for short) consists of over a dozen sub-buildings, many of which are using the "BuildingAI," and a few of which are using the semi-transparent rotor shader, and a few of which are using the no-base shader.

A big annoying issue that is happening now involves the buildings clipping at various angles. Do you guys know what is causing this and how it might be resolved?

thx in advance for any and all help!!