Simulanten

Californian Coast - The Beginnings of Rocky Beach

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Here we go again - The desert isn't deserted yet but I felt that I wanted to move towards the coast for a change. Great new assets (like the So Cal suburbs and King Leno's apartment blocks) made it tempting. I'm experimenting with the visuals, tried to tidy up my 4200 assets (bringing them down to 3800 - a nightmare) but for some reason C:S is lagging recently. Not quite sure what's the problem as I rather simplified my mod set up. Anyway - this is a first glimpse of the Santa Barbara-ish atmosphere I'm about to create:

1J7QH8x.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Here's more. I'm really getting satisfied with the atmosphere in this little town close to the ocean. The detailing gets heavy on the frame rate - but hey, it's still looks nice.
    After so much desert I enjoy planting all kinds of trees and make some lush gardens...

ZJPTkwX.jpg

PapMMlz.jpg

pbVOJlG.jpg

EYvhJMs.jpg

WsFpAv7.jpg

4Q2qB2l.jpg

O6nGYKj.jpg

And here's an overview over the area covered so far:

gSaw41j.jpg

And to end this a Californian sunset.

rODBR13.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By The British Sausage
        The vanilla game has basic weather but throw in photoshop and suddenly it's snowing! It's raining! It's foggy!
        This is the thread to post your weather pictures be they photoshopped or modded game mechanics.
        I'll get this rolling...

Heavy fog.

Low-down mid-morning cloud.
      • By judgeslayer
        Is there any mod or hack to remove all the ridiculous sprites of the little kid on the trampoline and all the other unrealistic, and out of scale animated  crap that is just a waist of cpu/gpu time. I've turned it down as low as you can in the settings, but there are still too many foolish animations going on. 
        Also, Whats the best way to prevent Satellite dishes ( and other out of time buildings) from showing up in your industrial areas long b4 they were invented. I know it's just a game, but I look for as much realism as I can get.

• By Goldman Sachs
        Hola chicos!
        Aquí publicaré el progreso de mis modificaciones de Playas, Oceanos, Carreteras, Terrenos, Lotes, etc...

• By Goldman Sachs

About this file:
        This is rock mod in HD resolution (1024x1024) to be used with Sudden Terrain Valley.

NOTE:
        In order to utilize hd textures you must be rendering in hardware mode, otherwise you may experience a crash to desktop.

Installation:
        Unzip to your zzz_terrain_sudden_valley folder. To avoid conflicts ensure you have no other rock mods installed.

Dependencies:
        Sudden Valley Terrain Mod
        http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2867

Credits:
        Gobias, Rivit, me.

• By Simulanten
        Hi all,
        I'm back. After my Silva NC build got heavier and heavier (and with me getting lost in some asset creation like this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321658963 or this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1314771179 ) I left this recreation of a real town because I wanted to go back to more freedom of something more fictional. What could be better than a desert town (with lots of empty space - good for FPS) and I like the bleak and dry places anyway.
        So here I started with a typical junction town - on a custom map taken from terrain.party with elevation data from around Tecopa CA - tweaked just a little bit in Wilbur.
        I'm not sure how quickly I'll be able to develop this town - and if I ever will get back to Sylva. But expect some pics of this gem of the desert rather sooner than later...