5 posts in this topic Last Reply
Greenbelt Metrorail Station
BATted and MODDed by Nilo7
Tested by Mithokey
Please take a moment to read the following paragraph:
This station is dedicated to the victims and families of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, who will never be forgotten; as well as the courageous men and women that serve our country each and everyday in any form, they are what has kept and will keep this nation going.
Greenbelt Metrorail Station is a GLR station based off Greenbelt Metrorail Station in Greenbelt, Maryland; one of the many stations on the DC Metro.
Extract and move to "My Documents --> SimCity 4 --> Plugins"
Transit Switch: .02
Functions As: GLR station, Landmark.
Jobs Created: 10 R$ and 5 R$$
Plop Cost: 250
Monthly Cost: 100
Bulldoze Cost: 125
Power Required: 10
Water Required: 0
Track Textures for Cogeo GLR Stations 20110918 1.zip
(I am now linking to the download "Track Textures for Cogeo GLR Stations 20110918 1.zip" in Ebina's Mediafire account. It is the same textures as the old dependency; it will work fine.)
Special thanks to Blue Lightning, Meister1235, Redscope53, Xyloxadoria, and of course.. Tigerbuilder for answering lots of questions!
*** Updated June 27, 2008 *
Purpose of these lots: all GLR stations posted on the STEX till now act as tram stops, only converting GLR to and from pedestrian traffic. In contrast, this pack contains stations that offer parking facilities as well. As a result they can serve larger, less dense areas and not just the housing within walking distance from the station, utilising the game's "park and ride" feature: sims park their cars at the station and get the train to their workplaces. So they can be used successfully in suburban areas, enjoying a good usage. You can create a realistic transport system, like in many real-world metropolitan areas, that is subways downtown, expanded to GLR at the suburbs (you will need to use the GLR to subway transition). You can also combine the stations with bus routes; in this case fixed-track networks (like GLR) tend to act as "trunk" lines, while the buses as "local" or "feeder" lines.
The pack contains four GLR stations with parking, with straight and split track (side or island platforms), with and without a bus stop. The main station building as well as the platform and bussign props are configurable by the player. Some of the props are included in the SC dats while some others are included in BATs posted on the STEX earlier, which you will have to download and install as dependencies. Please check the readme for detailed installation instructions.
Lot Size 5x2 Plop Cost $800 ($1000 for stations w/ busstop) Maintenance $40 ($50) Capacity 5000 (6000) plus 3000 allowance for the through GLR traffic Power Consumed 8 (10) MWh/mo Water Consumed 10 (10) cu.m/mo Pollution (A/W/G) 4/4/4 (5/5/5) Jobs (all $) 8 (10)
- Many thanks to vester_DK for his GLR split-track textures.
- Many thanks to frogface, ill tonkso and ralphaelninja for granting permission to use their models in the package.
- Morifari can no longer be contacted (his model is not contained in the package anyway).
* June 27 2008 Update:
- Added a patch for left-hand driving installations. Unless you have a LH-driving installation, do not forget to remove this!
- Fixed a bug with the transit switchings, concerning stations' placement. If you have installed the Draggable GLR Patch for these stations, please remove it (it contains the same bugs). Refer to the documentation for details and instructions on how to connect to draggable GLR track.
The most important dependencies are the NAM and
-PORKIE PROPS VOL1 EUROPEAN STREET ACCESSORIESby porkissimo.
Some other dependencies are prop-specific and you will need to download and install them only if you configure the package to use them (ie you don't need all of them, only the ones you like and you wish to use). These dependencies are:
- London Underground Walford East station by frogface
- Tonkso GLR Station by ill tonkso
- Russell Square Tube Station by ill tonkso
- Ninja Boulevard Station OR Ninja Boulevard Kiosk by RalphaelNinja
- Morifari Tram Station by morifari - Please get this new version!
- GLR Track Mod Addon Pack 1 by ebina
View my other lots on the STEX
UPDATED: The entire station has now been reworked, including LODs, transit enabling, custom icon, and readme file.
All credit for the update goes to Andreas Roth, who took the model and reconfigured the entire lot around it. Thanks Andreas! Special thanks also goes to Coego for his zebra crossing (the texture is included in the folder)!
By request, here is an avenue version of my GLR station. Here are the stats:
Lot size: 2x3
Dependencies: The latest NAM is required.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.