shawn cheah

Project Japan - A attempt to build a realistic Japan themed city

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

In episode #1, we kickstart the city by building up a small island and than looking to spread out our city in the next episode. We so far have began to build our skyline, and commercial districts and the iconic japan neon light street. Project Japan is a humble attempt to build a somewhat realistic looking Japanese city situated somewhere between Okayama and Kobe on the northern shore of the Harima-nada sea. Japanese city series are almost non-existent, perhaps because of the serious ack of Japanese themed assets on the workshop. Finding inspiration can be tricky. Therefore, revamps are to be expected throughout the series, as i get better at building Japanese cityscapes and/or new assets become available.

Find out more by watching my video below. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By henko151
      Hello!
      I´m beginner, but I start build my new city which named "Henkovce". I started with Vanilla, but  gradually I add some mods. Today, my city has 25 000 citizens, 7 bus line and 2 tram line.
      And my first video is from my first tram line 1.
      Thanks for watching and please let me know about some tips and mods for my city.

• By rsc204
      Please note that this upload is not mine, all the works in this download were created by Kazuki which were originally hosted here. Since those files are no longer available, they have been recovered here on the STEX, so people can continue to download them.
      This package includes a single lot that allows you to transition from the G-HSR (Ground High Speed Rail) of the NAM (Network Addon Mod)
      to the Subway network. It costs $400 to plop and can be found in the Misc Transport menu.
      DEPENDENCIES
      The model used is part of the NAM, which can be considered a dependency for this lot. Similarly you need to have installed it's HSR plugin to make use of it.
    • By rsc204
      Please note that this upload is not mine, all the works in this download were created by Kazuki which were originally hosted here. Since those files are no longer available, they have been recovered here on the STEX, so people can continue to download them.
      This package includes three lots that can be used to create walls to separate spaces. Lots for straight, inner and outer corners are contained in the package. Each lot shows a grass texture and has some basic tress upon them. Stats are pretty much identical to the Maxis default grass lot.
      DEPENDENCIES
      None
    • By rsc204
      This package is designed as an expansion to the original Underbridge Lots. Now in addition to game networks, you can use White Brick, BrownBrick (Sandstone), Grass and Parking tiles under bridges. The first three will match the NAM PedMalls amongst other game items. These items are eye-candy to provide a visual connection only.
      DEPENDENCIES
      None
    • By rsc204
      This package is designed so you can place transport networks under the in-game bridges. To do this these lots use Car --> Subway or Rail --> Subway transit switches. As such, there are some limitations when using them. For road networks, only car traffic is able to use them and for the rail network, only passenger traffic will continue through these lots.
      Two sets are included, the actual underbridge pieces in addition to filler lots. This will enable these to span larger gaps where necessary.
      After plopping these pieces, they must be connected using the Subway tool between each converter lot.
      DEPENDENCIES
      BSC Textures Vol03
      Note: the readme states "BSC Texture Pack jeroni Vol01", but this file has been merged into the Texture Megapack linked here.