gobrowns

Map graphics look bad when continuing game

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I use the Cleyra Map and Theme and everything looks fine when I first load it, but when I save and come back to continue, the colors are off and the graphics don't look as smooth, especially along the coasts. Any ideas what's happening? Thanks!

That's normal. For some reason map themes don't load properly when using continue. Just use the Load Save instead and it'll load correctly. Afaik it's an issue with the engine and so unlikely to ever be fixed. Also when using mods make sure you never do a second load - as in once you've loaded a city you need to quit to desktop (exit to main menu isn't enough) before loading another city (or an older save) - otherwise the game loads everything on top of itself causing a bunch of other issues.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Erik_Riel
      This Is The Earth Map That A Lot Of People Are Missing. Feel Free To Comment And Point Out Any Mistakes That I Made
    • By MatthewTNT79
      I've been trying to make a custom map where a river splits, goes over a cliff, and into the sea. However, there are a host of problems and I have little idea how to fix them. Along with the the unnatural terrain, especially around the slopes, the rivers are much too shallow and one of them has a mild drop after the cliff, which is undesirable. It would be very appreciative if you could assist me with making my map or better yet, have the file for the map itself so you could fix it.

Link to the map here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt316635ghnjvqr/Candle Sea.crp?dl=0

• By raroy273
      Have not played SC4 in about a year and decided to start playing again, but am having issues getting the game to work correclty.  The game will launch, I will see the SC4 pointer but I contuine to see my desktop.    I'm running SC4 Deluxe 

• By shawn cheah
      In episode #1, we kickstart the city by building up a small island and than looking to spread out our city in the next episode. We so far have began to build our skyline, and commercial districts and the iconic japan neon light street. Project Japan is a humble attempt to build a somewhat realistic looking Japanese city situated somewhere between Okayama and Kobe on the northern shore of the Harima-nada sea. Japanese city series are almost non-existent, perhaps because of the serious ack of Japanese themed assets on the workshop. Finding inspiration can be tricky. Therefore, revamps are to be expected throughout the series, as i get better at building Japanese cityscapes and/or new assets become available.
      Find out more by watching my video below. 

• By Violator31
      Looking at my profile I see it was four years ago when I first happened upon these forums.
      I really liked SimCity 4.  I bought the "SimCity Limited Edition"  and I wasn't happy with it at all. So I kind of fell away from the game. Recently I decided to get back into it.
      When my Mom died & I was moving into her house, I found the old "SimCity 4 Box" set during my packing. All of the fun I had playing the game was enhanced when I learned that I could create & use my own maps. I have always been into photography so I have Photoshop on my pc. I had so much fun making those maps, & tweaking them to work better.
      Many years ago I did buy the STEX Collection of discs, but I can't find them now. Being a pack rat helps & hinders all at the same time.... you know you have it somewhere, you just can't locate it within  everything else. So I will be purchasing everything again (I always seem to find the originals after I purchase the replacements). I'm asking for a little help, please...? I remember having a problem, years ago, when I had items stored in the wrong folder & it would create issues when trying to use stuff that was dependent on it. The help,.... would any of you experts be so kind as to direct me to creating the right folders for the right items in order to keep all of it working properly, please?
      I will be downloading the NAM as well, but I won't do so until I have the new discs so I can get it all stored properly. I was pretty disgusted before when I couldn't use certain items & I really want to avoid that this time. 
      Until I get the discs I will be dabbling in photoshop creating maps.
      Thank you in advance for ANY help you may provide.