3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello guys,

I need your help. I want to create Train Rear light on my train.

But I do not know exactly how.

I know about tow ways:

1/ Vehicle Effects and Advanced vehice effects.

2/ Additve shader and sub-meshes.

The  1/    way is somehow not working for me.   At least when I am in asset editor and click on vehicle efects button there is nothing like Train Rear Light :(  I see there only Train DItch ight and Train Center/Right/Left Light.    So I tried to do it via XML : 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<VehicleEffectsDefinition>
  <Vehicles>
	<Vehicle name="jovzin_ice3_train_Data">
		  <Effects>
			<Effect name="Vehicle Effect Wrapper" base="Train Rear Light" fallback="None">>
			  <Position x="-0.45" y="1.9" z="-0.9" />
			  <Direction z="1" />
			  <RequiredFlags>Reversed</RequiredFlags>
			</Effect>
			<Effect name="Vehicle Effect Wrapper" base="Train Rear Light" fallback="None">
			  <Position x="0.45" y="1.9" z="-0.9" />
			  <Direction z="1" />
			  <RequiredFlags>Reversed</RequiredFlags>
			</Effect>
		  </Effects>
		</Vehicle>
		<Vehicle name="trailerjovzin_ice3_train5">
		  <Effects>
			<Effect name="Vehicle Effect Wrapper" base="Train Rear Light" fallback="None">>
			  <Position x="-0.45" y="1.9" z="-0.9" />
			  <Direction z="1" />
			  <ForbiddenFlags>Reversed</ForbiddenFlags>
			</Effect>
			<Effect name="Vehicle Effect Wrapper" base="Train Rear Light" fallback="None">
			  <Position x="0.45" y="1.9" z="-0.9" />
			  <Direction z="1" />
			  <ForbiddenFlags>Reversed</ForbiddenFlags>
			</Effect>
		  </Effects>
		</Vehicle>
  </Vehicles>
</VehicleEffectsDefinition>

But still in the asset editor there is nothing. Even the tab where effect is written there is blank space after I put there this XML code. 

So I really do not know what to do ?   Btw one more thing. REV0 mentioned something about first  need to put the asset to workshop to get the steam workshop ID and than make the XML ?  IT will not work in my asset folder in the My Documents/Collosal Order/Cities Skylines/Addons/Assets    ?  Currently the xml and crp files are here not on workshop.  

The 2/ way    what I do not understand is this sub-meshes. How to do the rear light via sub-meshes ?  In my understanding the sub-meshes should be something like Lod0  , Lod1 , Lod2 etc etc.  So I need to create some lopwer poly count model of the end trailer with lights in Maya or ?

Thank you very much for your help.