Future of 'New Roads For Network Extensions 2' (PLEASE READ BELOW)  

59 members have voted

1. 1. So what'll it be? New Mod for 'New Roads' or nah?

• New mod (Network Extensions Plus)
    • Bake into existing mod
    • Trust your gut. I'm cool with whatever.
    • (Added question) Add new roads as individually subscribed assets (tiny roads would not work because they require mod support)

1 post in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Needed a clickbaity title *:kitty:.  Anyway, would you like me to incorporate all the roads from the now abandoned 'New Roads For Network Extensions 2' mod into Network Extensions 2? Or would you rather me put them in a new mod called 'Network Extensions Plus'?

On the one hand...

A separate mod will allow me to have a higher level of flexibility in taking requests for road variations. NExt+ will focus on adding public transport/bike capabilities to existing roads in NExt2, similar to what it is currently doing now.  I would focus on new road types in NExt2 while adding the flurry of 'can I have a bike lane in...' requests for NExt+ (if you get what I mean).

On the other hand...

Keeping the roads together will allow me to keep all your favorite roads in one place.  There are also a couple of the roads that accidentally found their way into the original mod and thus I would not have to worry about figuring out how to corral those people into a separate mod.

• Similar Content

• By ehm1883
      Hi guys!

I recently bought a new gaming laptop and installed Cities Skylines on it with all of the major expansions/DLCs. I got two problems that I'm not sure what to do about:

1) The 81 tile mod by BloodyPenguin does not automatically unlock all of the tiles. It will let me buy each tile until I can fill the map, but not all unlocked and free at the beginning as the mod is supposed to (I've tried pressing Shift+U, doesn't work).

2) When loading any map the loading screen might freeze at 50%. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

To get past both of these problems, I have tried removing all mods and playing just the base game. This is a new laptop so I'm only loading blank maps. None of this has helped solve these two problems. Cities Skylines is also the only game I have installed - in case I have to reset the laptop to factory settings to fix this, that's ok.

My specs:
      Processor - i7-7700HQ
      Graphics - GTX 1060
      Memory - 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, DDR4
    • By shawn cheah
      In episode #1, we kickstart the city by building up a small island and than looking to spread out our city in the next episode. We so far have began to build our skyline, and commercial districts and the iconic japan neon light street. Project Japan is a humble attempt to build a somewhat realistic looking Japanese city situated somewhere between Okayama and Kobe on the northern shore of the Harima-nada sea. Japanese city series are almost non-existent, perhaps because of the serious ack of Japanese themed assets on the workshop. Finding inspiration can be tricky. Therefore, revamps are to be expected throughout the series, as i get better at building Japanese cityscapes and/or new assets become available.
      Find out more by watching my video below. 

• By mikeseith
      Hello everyone,
      Long time since I've been very active.  Jumped back into making game content, this time for Cities Skylines.  Been working on a new modular airport for way too long and finally starting to put the finishing touches on it.  This is my 1st unveiling and I'll probably be working on it for another month before releasing.

When I started out to make this monstrosity, I had small goals to just make some simple modular airport pieces.  I was always unhappy with how the nightlights in a modular building looked, always coming on at different times.  When the nightlights were on all the time, I didn't like the look of it either.  So I learned how to make Clear glass props.  Nice.  So then I had to model the insides of the buildings, then figure out the pathing, the roads I use to simplify laying things out broke the paths.  So I learned how to make new roads and offset the pedestrian paths.  Then I thought that I wanted to be able to have a working skytrain system going to different parts of the airport.  So I had to learn how to make a proper elevated train station and a new rail line that could be bent at 90 degree angles to fit in the buildings.  On and on it went until now I feel confident enough to unveil this to the community, warts and all.
      There are about 30 buildings in the set, a boatload of glass props, 4 roads and about 30 props (not glass).  This will not be for the faint of heart.  I made this airport shone in about 3 hours.  This is not a "plop and go" building.  Remember that some airports are like little cities themselves.  So all these resources for an airport aren't all that bad...right?

Almost forgot to mention the parking garage with the skywalks and integrated metro station will be released with this too.  As a side note, I spent a lot of time making a station for the skytrain in the garage and making it go into the terminal building.  Not happening at this stage.  For now I have given up on that folly.

The modular 8 level parking garages will have 11 buildings and I made 2 new parking lot light props for them.

Don't be shy and tell me what you think.  Just be gentle please.

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      The 2018 Asian Games is a big sport event. Beside from traditional sports, eSports are available. The games including Arena of Valor, the latest version of PES, League of Legends etc. But, why there's no city sim (C:S and SC4) have been picked on any eSport events? It's cool to compete with other real-life nations, for instance, to create a beautiful yet functional imaginary cities or replicate real-world cities. I know that this question somewhat childish, but I'm still curious answering that.
      Thanks.