6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, rivit said:

That range is used in the Maxis set (simcity2.dat) - corresponding to grass used in the Golf course and some parks

Aaaah. Thank you ! So does everyone have that Maxis set, meaning I don't have to list it in a list of deps ? Or do I list it just to be sure ?

SimCity_2.dat is one of the files necessary for the game to run.  You shouldn't have to list anything that comes with the game as a dependency.   If anyone has taken simcity_2.dat, or any of the the other SimCity_X.dat files out of there game installation folder, my guess would be that their games are not working...period.

However, anything else released by Maxis after the game such as bldgprop_vol1.dat, bldgprop_vol2.dat, and any of the Landmark Plugins should be listed.

• Original Poster
  • 2 hours ago, T Wrecks said:

An easy check would be to test the lot using these textures with a totally empty plugins folder: if the textures display just fine, then they're obviously no third-party content, but Maxis default (no dependency).

@twalsh102 also ) : inDEED ! *:)

Thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By simbasc4
        Are there any buildings, lots, mods etc... that donot require dependancies as I have a slow pc and dont wont a large dependancies folder my last one was over 3 gig and took forever ive had my hd die and am starting from stratch or is there a full dependancies package ( I got fooled into downloading the april fool 1 ) but have the time to sift threw getting 100s of dependancies, I would donatand get a dvd but I need for xmas when im off so would not arrive in time.
      • By nos.17
        Version 12: 05.09.18

This is a small pack that contains miscellaneous B62 props as well as my custom prop families and may be a requirement for some of my future uploads. This currently contains only a few props and a handful of prop families (including ones for LBT and SHK vehicles), and some custom textures; more will continually be added as I work. Check back often for updates as they come.

Anyone may use any of the props, families, or textures on whatever projects you want, but please, refer to this file as a dependency. If you need to edit any of the attributes to fit your project, feel free to do do. Credit is not strictly required, but it'd be great if you would do so.

For comments/feedback/critique/praise or just to see what's coming up next, visit my lot thread over at Simpeg here (may it rest in peace...), or at Simtropolis here.
      • By sacredcookie
        yeah so I got the CAM mod with deluxe edition, and I can get all the buildings and the dependencies, but when I start up the game, a warning just says "these plugins arent available on your machine." all camlots have brown boxes, and i dont know how to fix it. what should I do? is this a bug? i have a steam retail version so please explain in simplified format on what to do to fix these missing textures.
      • By Simmer2
        Ever wanted to place just the rails on a concrete surface?
        Well, with 414 pieces at your disposal, now you can.
        PIMX and LE users rejoice!
        This RRW compatible sleeper-less and ballast-less texture set is made to be used on concrete, asphalt, brick and stone surfaces.
        I have covered almost every possible rail configuration. I left out some that would not be suitable to place on lots.
        Included with this pack is a comprehensive jpeg collection of some of the possible configurations to get you started.
        Remember that you can flip, mirror and rotate the tiles for even more possibilities. Your imagination is the limit.
        If you have any questions or would like me to add even more configurations, please visit my thread at SCD4 to post your requests.  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17211.340
        Dependencies?  Well none, because this is it!
        Simmer2 aka SM2
        PS This pack now offers diagonal support.
      • By Badi_Dea
        This file contains the .max, fbx, and .psd files for my Parking Lot Roads assets.
        If you do use any of the textures or meshes in whole or in part, I would love to see it!