VitroOliveira

Leis plus Mensalao not working

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

The leis.dat file contains 20 different ordinance overrides. The Ordinance - Godfather Project under IID 0xA0D07129 has a Constant Monthly Income of 0x00002710 which is the 10,000 Simoleons per month when enacted.

The mensalao.dat file contains a single override Ordinance - Godfather Project under the same IID 0xA0D07129 and has a Constant Monthly Income of 0x000B71B0 which is the 750,000 Simoleons per month when enacted.

If you are only getting the 10,000 per month then that means the leis.dat is loading after the mensalao.dat and that specific exemplar is overriding the 750,000 version. If you have both files in the same folder then alphabetically the leis.dat should be loading before mensalao.dat and you ought to see the 750k income.

Is it possible you have them in separate folders? Or another copy of the leis.dat somewhere else in your Plugins folder which is then loading later?

• Original Poster
  • I have romoved leis.dat from mi plugins folder but the result is the same ... only 100, I dont know why, becouse always worked well...

To expand a little on what  @CorinaMarie said initially , this has nothing to do with CAM

If you are only getting $100, that is the monthly income received from the Maxis Default Gambling Ordinance (which these two files override), which would mean neither of these files are actually overriding the Maxis ordinance.  The only thing I can thing of is that you have some other mod that is either overriding ordinances, or overriding this particular one.

FWIW, I load up these files into a Sandbox city I'm using for testing.  Although it seemed to take about three months after I implemented the Godfather Project ordinance, it did in fact finally kick in.  After running about 5 years, the city bank account sat at a very healthy $46 million +.  So the ordinance does in fact work as advertised.

An easy way to ensure that mensalao.dat is loaded last and thus overrides anything else that might be affecting ordinances would be to create a folder titles z_ordinances in your plugins folder, and place mensalao.dat inside it'  Then run your game for several months to see if it is working properly

Just a curious fact, which the friend from Portugal might know is that, "mensalão" is a brazilian portuguese expression which means "big monthly [payment]" and got famous due to a major corruption scheme involving people from the government and many congressmen, between 2005 and 2006. Since the payment of the bribery happened every month, it was called "mensalão" or (badly translated) "big monthly [payment]".

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AlRESA
        I get this error message after installing  and run the game.
        Hope someone helps.
        Thanks in advance 

• By VitroOliveira
        In some of my cityes I receive this message when I enter, is some way to resolve this... thanks...

• By AmiPolizeiFunk
        Am I not allowed to add lights to an asset with DummyBuildingAI?
        I saved the asset w/o the light just fine. Then I placed one prop light, tried to save again and boom, error. Anybody know what's going on here?

• By Thorx21
        I'm trying to install the Colossus addon mod for the first time in my life. I'm running on Windows 10 x64.
        I'm in possession of a Ubuntu Xenial xerus partition also with which I could run this game in Wine in case the issue is OS compatibility. 
        I get this when installing CAM.

Should there be a third window besides the Setup that the notepad window calls "SC4 Dat packer"
        It isn't there, I don't know what it is asking of me. All I could do is close the notepad window with my fingers crossed and then this happened.

Log file is on the left.
        Apparently I miss a DLL file. Right?
        It would be handy if the log file could inform me what DLL file was missing.
        Anyhow, what do I need to solve this matter?
        Many thanks  in advance...
        EDIT: This dood seems to have the exact same copy of my problem. He said he got it fixed but wasn't bothered to tell the rest of the world how he did it, what a shame. Anyway, I donwloaded the 3 DLL files. I don't have DAT packer installed because CAM didn't listed it as a dependency. Do I need Datpacker for CAM to install? I just installed it and dropped the DLL files into the Datpacker folder because it to failed to launch for which I had to download those 3 mentioned DLL files in the topic here under. But the CAM installation still gives the same errors. And I don't know how to fix it.

• By Rogcat
        Hi, i have a problem, every time I built a mod building, this appears to me, what is it? How do I fix it?
        Thanks!