3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

This has come up before in these forums, so a Google search should turn up answers. My vague recollection is that the GL rendering had glitches.

If you don't find answers in past discussions, then you'll probably need to post your SC4 config log.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By HeatherF
      I am having a weird issue when in Region view. All large cities are showing an odd band across the bottom border of the city. As you can see in this image, the band only shows on large city tiles, not the medium cities (or the small cities if I had any in this region).

I am playing SimCity 4 Deluxe digital version from GOG Games. My PC is a custom built running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. My Graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GT 610. My current startup options for SimCity are: "C:\GOG Games\SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -CPUCount:4 -CustomResolution:enabled -r1600x1200x32 -Intro:off -f -CPUPriority:high
      Can anyone suggest possible reasons for the bands and how I might get rid of them? They are only in the region view, not in city view so it's more irksome than critical, but I'd still like to know what is causing it.
      Thanks!
    • By manofcash
      Sorry but this is a repost of a topic I submitted earlier to the SimCity (2013) forum by mistake.
      I have recently begun to experience a very strange problem with my SimCity 4 game which was downloaded from GOG a few years ago. I have played this particular game for about 3 years and am just now beginning to have a problem with the language that appears on the screen when I play the game. A few days ago, for some reason, the screen language switched from English to what looks like some sort of Scandinavian language for no apparent reason (see screen shots below). I tried to research this to determine what was going on but could find nothing. I then decided to just solve the problem by doing a fresh, clean reinstall from my original GOG download but the same thing continues to occur. Except for this problem everything else is working fine as before. I am at a total loss and would really appreciate any guidance to help solve this anamoly. Thanks in advance for your help

• By apeek
      Greetings everyone! Although largely unnoticed, I withdrew from the community upon the passing of my little brother in March of '16. Just prior, I discovered a secret of the software installation that could potentially benefit any style player and even help ensure the game's continued viability. However, that knowledge might have been disclosed or perhaps even documented since then. So, I must ascertain if there is any demand for the following procedure, confirmed working on Windows 7 through the recent release of Windows 10 requiring minimal freeware and no special skills:
      How to make SC4D utilize the discrete graphics adapter in your laptop for a significant performance boost.
    • By VitroOliveira
      A few days ago some friend send me some SC4 files to prove it and since I have installed this new files my game turns much more slow... why... please help... I think this is part of Simtropolis crew, I dont know... maybe are some way to fix this problem... thanks for any hekp.

• By Durfsurn
      https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/929303676574856972/C67ECAF3CEC9F359E42E3574CFA1659EECC02091/

When I load an old save this happens (new city loads fine) - grey screen with weird completely white people doing weird animations. Any ideas on what is causing this? I thought it was a missing mod, or perhaps the incompatibility with Advanced Toolbar and 81+ tiles but still shows that with only Loading Screen mod loaded - is my save unsaveable? The thumbnail seems fine, as does an autosave 5 minutes later.