18 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi gang, I am told to check here first before uploading a lost file to the STEX. It is RLM (rebalynn) Modular Motels System. I looked wherever I knew how to look and can't find it. I do have it. (and I use some of it in my relots). Does anyone here has a link ? If not, I will proceed.

Me again. I've opened these three zips and I see we do have a ReadMe file for each so that'll handle the description part of the STEX entries.

@tariely If you could make some screenshots for each and post them here I can do the actual uploads and re-assign the file author to @RebaLynnTS when I do.

• Original Poster
  • Perfect ! I did took some quick& dirty plopping this afternoon.(the buildings, the plazas and the parking pieces). Don't know if it would do (see pics below). I can redo them. I could also do group pics with each separate pieces).

But checking the files in-game, I found that the Transitions pieces don't seem to work. I don't know what those pieces are supposed to do (transition to what ?) or look like -- I see no png in the file when opened with the Reader ;  when plopped they all look the same : a pale green 1x1 with a big weird lamp post in the middle and a few decorative items. Could someone else also try them ? It would not do to upload defective lots --I'm sure RebaLynn would object from where she is, after all the obvious care she put into that set.*:)

PS : Anyone trying them would also need the Texture and Resource files. I don't see them in your list, CorinaMarie. Here is a dropbox link with those I have.

PPS :*** I notice the name of my Transitions folder is not the one listed above. (it's called “ZZ Transitions One” -- sounds like some sort of a Tom Cruise movie...). Could you send me the zip, please ?***

RLM-MMS%20day%202-L.jpg

(yep, that's one sprawling motel for sure ! *:party:)

RLM-MMs%20day%201-XL.jpg

RLM%20MMS%20nite-XL.jpg

8 hours ago, tariely said:

Anyone trying them would also need the Texture and Resource files. I don't see them in your list, CorinaMarie. Here is a dropbox link with those I have.

Thanks. I've downloaded them.

Could you send me the zip, please ?

Since it might be a day or two before I'll have time to upload these to the STEX I'll attach all three files here for now:

RLM MMS Set One v102.zip

RLM MMS1 Transitions v rc101.zip

Edit: The RLM MMS 1 Parking Lots.zip is already available on the STEX as RLM Industrial Parking Lot Set One.

Also: I'll attach the dependencies from @tariely's dropbox linky: RLM-MMS Deps +.zip

....But checking the files in-game, I found that the Transitions pieces don't seem to work. I don't know what those pieces are supposed to do (transition to what ?) or look like -- I see no png in the file when opened with the Reader ;  when plopped they all look the same : a pale green 1x1 with a big weird lamp post in the middle and a few decorative items. Could someone else also try them ? It would not do to upload defective lots --I'm sure RebaLynn would object from where she is, after all the obvious care she put into that set

That's the main reason I was going to stick to uploading the missing (from the STEX) SimPeg files into the club as its real difficult to tell with SimPeg gone what kind of condition these missing files are in .... or in some cases what they are meant to do, there is nothing on her old website about it

http://rlmproductions.angelfire.com/

My own records show there was originally on SimPeg

MMS (Modular Motel System) 1 - Parking Lots by Becca (RebaLynnTS)    
    MMS (Modular Motel System) 1 - Transitions by Becca (RebaLynnTS)    
    MMS (Modular Motel System) 1 - Plaza Lots by Becca (RebaLynnTS)    
    MMS (Modular Motel System) Resources by Becca (RebaLynnTS)    
    MMS (Modular Motel System) Set One by Becca (RebaLynnTS)    
    MMS (Modular Motel System) Texture Pack by Becca (RebaLynnTS)   

-catty

6 minutes ago, catty-cb said:

That's the main reason I was going to stick to uploading the missing (from the STEX) SimPeg files into the club ...

Since you've been the custodian of these files I feel you should make the decision so I'll not upload them to the STEX. You can place them in your club as you have time. I'll leave them attached to my post above for now and whenever (no rush at all) you have time to add them in your club let me know and I'll replace the attachments in my post with linkys to your location.

Also, I recognize those Parking Lots as I downloaded them from the STEX months ago and I love them in my cities. I'll replaced the attached file with a linky in my post above.

19 minutes ago, CorinaMarie said:

Since you've been the custodian of these files I feel you should make the decision so I'll not upload them to the STEX.

To be honest I don't mind who does it, but I think I should dig out my original "missing" list and post it over in the club so we can keep track of what's been uploaded, where to and what's still missing  :read:

• Original Poster
  • (I am a bit confused now ; is RLM-Modular Motels System currently being checked ? would it be possible to have an ETA ? *:)  [She asked egotistically because she has some lots to upload that use RLM-MMS textures... ]

I 'm not checking anything ...

I will upload the above files into the club in the next couple days .... but equally if you are desperate then I think it's possible to upload them to the city-builders club yourself as it's a public club ... you don't have to join it to use it

• Original Poster
  • I'm not that desperate *:). But if it take some hassle off you, I can do it. Just tell me how to proceed.

38 minutes ago, tariely said:

Just tell me how to proceed.

Uploading files to a club conveniently uses the same submission steps as on the main STEX.

The files are contained in a dedicated category much like those for SC4 BATs, lots, mods and maps. The platform is identical, and so the only difference inside a club is the access level and location of the files. As Catty explained, her City Builders club is "Public" which means anyone can freely submit files without joining. As opposed to a more restricted club where this is a requirement for anyone to download the files inside. Apparently for an "Open" club this is by design of the board software.

So from the files category, it would involve clicking the Upload New File button and following the process you'll be familiar with. *;)

Once done, feel free to post back here in reply. Then depending on which one of us is around first, Cori or myself (or Catty) can switch over the author to @RebaLynnTS as already done for paeng and Pegasus. This will transfer ownership so the file will be listed under their account and content listings.

I hope this clarifies.

47 minutes ago, tariely said:

Heads up re the Modular Motels Systems by rebalynn : I uploaded the files on the City Builders club, (with a rather perfunctory information text ; feel free to amend it !)

Sweet, all looks good. I've gone ahead and changed the author over to Becca's account.

It's great these files can be made available once again for the community. Each one salvaged is progressively supporting the effort of content preservation. This helps inspire creative uses in the game, and also new custom lotting projects. I'm sure the original authors would be delighted to know their works are restored for people to enjoy.

To aid with accessibility going forward, we can add a STEX navbar link to the files category of @catty-cb's City Builders club. Also this can be done inside the description boxes of the PLEX categories. Then anyone searching for legacy SimPeg items can be directed to their new home.