3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Moin ! 

This really is awesome !! I started the asset editor for a short test on my current model yesterday and I saw the two buttons on the right side, but honestly, I thought that they came with new update ... Now I know ... :)

@AmiPolizeiFunk  thanks for sharing your gratitude and recognition .... ;)

@SamsamTS ... the same goes for me. Awesome!  Thank you again ... :) great work !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By lmca9000
      Hello guys i need your help, recently i created a 3D model of asoccer stadium for SimCity 4, everything is fine until exporting it fron the BAT, and it says "exported failed code 6" i need help to solve it, or a veteran who can pass the sketchup file to render it for me, my computer is low income, thank you and sorry for my bad english. 

This is Sketchup file, help me please. 
      ath+pitch est complete.skp
    • By AmiPolizeiFunk
      I only discovered that terrain-party exports are ~4.166% bigger than they should be (terrain-party crams an 18km square area into a 17.28km square mapspace) while I was half-way through making a new Berlin 1:1 map. It was easy to upscale the heigtmap work that I had done (export my cleaned heightmap from the map editor, scale it up in photoshop, re-import it), but I was kinda stuck when it came to all of the work I did on rails and roads. I needed a global function to scale up my rails and roads in the x and z dimensions. Enter MoveIt! export->import and python. 

A friend wrote this script for me in Python v3 to go through the xml file and tweak the X and Z coordinates. All X and Z values are multiplied by 1.041666
      Here are the MoveIt! XML export files before and after manipulation: https://www.coh2.org/file/16224/moveitexports.rar

And a pic, showing the perfectly fitting result after the upscale:

I think this kind of thing opens up some amazing possibilities! Next, I'm interested in scraping tree data from Berlin's databases and creating ploppable MoveIt! XML files from them. This is a bit out of my league tho, but I have the feeling that it can be done. 

• By ScreaminAbdabs
      Hi,
      I am having problems exporting my 1st model from Blender 2.79b into city skylines. I have followed various you tube tutorials and have prepared the model as follows.
      UV unwrapped.
      Created a basic texture and saved as building_d (model is building.fbx)
      Have set the model origin to the base of the object
      Have set transform, Rotation and Scale with Location,Rotation and Scale all ticked.
      On fbx export I have 2 options FBX 7.4 binary and FBX 6.1 Ascii, I select FBX 7.4 binary.
      In main I have selected objects ticked and a scale of 800, apply scale is all local, forward is -Z forward and up is Y up.
      However, in all the videos I have seen the Apply transform is ticked and just says 'Apply Transform' in 2.79b it is marked !Experimental! Apply Transform ...
      In Geometry I have Apply Modifiers and Use Modifiers Render Setting ticked, smoothing is set to Normals Only, loose edges is unticked as is tangent space.
      In armatures both only deform bones and add leaf bones are unticked. Primary Bone is Y  axis, Secondary is X axis and Armature is Null.
      For Animation I have all options ticked and have no idea if this is needed or not.
      My problem is that when I try and import the model into the Asset Editor in City Skylines I can see the file, but when I click on it there is no picture and I cannot import.
      Clearly I have goofed somewhere, but I do not know where.
      The UV map has separate non-overlapping islands.
      The model is made up of quads and triangles only and had 225 tris (a bit over the recommendation, prob due to its curved roof). If I can get this thing into the game I will be adding a simplified lod.
      I have uploaded the .blend file.
      Have I goofed in the model, can City skylines accept quads or do all faces have to be triangles? The videos make no mention of this.
      Have I goofed on the export? Or is there an issue with the fact that 2.79b has marked the Apply Transform as !Experimental!
      Hope someone can suggest, thanks in advance

building.blend
    • By nicoliani
      I imported all my used plugins and regions from an old backup to my new PC, note, without the SimCity 4.cfg file.
      With the region I was building only one custom city is showing up. I had a couple of cities in it.
      Strange thing, as well when I exit the game, and look at the regions folder, those cities has moved to the Downloads folder.
      I made a new folder with a new name and copied the region from my backup into it. Now one more city is showing up, still the other missing, yet the region is completely flat, and looks bogus. When I looked back at the directory the files had been moved as well, I don't know what the issue is.