2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

So errm just loaded into my Berlin post-parklief. I have 81 tiles and dozens of mods. Was a bit confused by this:

kUUCZJd.jpg

The entire map has a thick overlay color. Dunno what's causing it but I don't think it's supposed to be there. Have others noticed this? I can still zone the park (shown in purple). When I de-zone the park around the edges (shown at the top right by the small area with no overlay), I get these clear see-through areas. I think the whole map should look like that, right? So I wonder what is causing this creamy everywhere thing.

Also wondering why we need an entire "de-zone" tool menu option. Doesn't right-click on the zone tool do exactly the same thing? Is this some x-box-needed UI stuff?

Yeah, I have it too. But when I turn off all mods it's gone, so seems like a mod messing with things. I haven't found which one does it - with like 97 mods it's a long process. :P

Edit: Looks like it's 81 tiles doing it. Turned it off and it was gone. You can remove it with the park area tool, which makes it even weirder. :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Diego Del Llano
      432 Park Avenue is a residential skyscraper in New York City that overlooks Central Park. Originally proposed to be 1,300 feet (396.2 meters) in 2011, the structure topped out at 1,396 ft (425.5 m). It was developed by CIM Group and features 125 condominium apartments. Construction began in 2012 and was completed on December 23, 2015.
      As completed, 432 Park Avenue is the third tallest building in the United States, and the tallest residential building in the world.It is the second-tallest building in New York City, behind One World Trade Center, and ahead of the Empire State Building. It is also the first, and so far only, building in New York City outside the World Trade Center Complex to be taller than the original twin towers.
      The skyscraper has received mixed reviews from both professionals and laymen alike since not everyone agreed with the artistic value of the building.
      The building has been maligned by some city residents since they believe it represents New York's increasing cost of living and ostentatious wealth. 432 Park's association to wealth inequality was also remarked upon by the building's architect himself, Rafael Viñoly, who commented that "There are only two markets, ultraluxury and subsidized housing." Fashion consultant Tim Gunn described the building as "just a thin column. It needs a little cap." Architecture critic of the New York Mag, Justin Davidson, said that the building is nothing more than just "stacked cubbyhole units" and questioned the creative value of the building. File content: 
      Functional Landmark with 6,000 CO$$$_Dark Nite Version (RESIDENTIAL GETS BURNED)
      MAXIS NITE VERSION SOON: WAIT FOR IT.

Notice:
      1.- The model presented here is an interpretation of the author. The measurements and size may vary from the original. 
      2.- The models are not exact replicas of the original building. 
      3.- This is a work of exploration and experimentation that Diego Del Llano wanted to share with the community of Simtropolis. If some of this work does not satisfy you, you have the option of not downloading this file.
      4.-Diego Del Llano appreciates your understanding and wishes you to enjoy this project to the fullest.
      5.- Acknowledgments and all the credits to the original authors of this building.
    • By KrispyKayak
      I have a city that has about 150K people in it, and is starting to be zoned for medium and high density buildings. My city is in a mostly grid-like pattern with zones well-mixed so nothing's too far away. I have a bus station every other block or so on main streets (5x8 squares large, lined with commercial and industrial), with about 3 blocks of residential in between each main street - no Sim in my city should be more than two blocks away from a bus stop. I also have a subway and El system throughout my city, in addition to a beltway and other highways for busier areas. Despite all my efforts to mix up these zones and make my city easy to live in and commute around, my medium and high density residential buildings are being abandoned en masse due to "long commute". It has nothing to do with desirability, which is all they way up on the RCI chart. In fact, my city is still building apartment buildings, which are often abandoned as soon as construction is finished.
      As you can imagine, this is incredibly frustrating, as no city looks good with tower after tower of abandoned residential all over the place. I searched the forums before posting this for answers, but most of the solutions given were things that, to my knowledge, I am actively doing. For example, take a look at the screenshots below of two different parts of my city:
      SOUTH SIDE

NORTH SIDE

SOUTH SIDE DETAIL
      As you can see, there are lots of abandoned apartments popping up. In some cases, the apartments being abandoned are right beside a bus stop, El station, or right off a main street.
      Now, here are pictures of the RCI of these areas (sorry for low-quality pics):
      SOUTH SIDE RCI

NORTH SIDE RCI

I feel like these zones should be sufficiently mixed up; yet apartment buildings keep being abandoned. Any tips on what I can do to stop this from happening, and to get people to move back into these apartments? It's really sucking a lot of joy out of the game for me. Thanks for your help, and let me know if you have any questions!
    • By owen4757
      I took a screenshot of a @Haljackey video because of this park. Know it?

• By Simmer2
      SM2 Newton Observatory.
      The search for extra terrestrial life must go on...even within SC4!
      For best visuals, plop it on an elevation, hill or better yet a mountain.
      It uses power for those beautiful night lights, just 10 units.
      No need for water and no maintenance.
      Lot size is 2x2 (flatten terrain for best results)
      You will find it in the park menu.
      "I'm not saying it was aliens....BUT IT WAS ALIENS"
      Dependencies
      SM2 Aurelius Radio Telescope http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3618
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2980
      Simmer2

• By Simmer2
      SM2 Aurelius Radio Telescope.
      The search for extra terrestrial life must go on...even within SC4!
      For best visuals, plop it on an elevation, hill or better yet a mountain.
      It uses power for those beautiful night lights, just 10 units.
      No need for water and no maintenance.
      Lot size is 2x2 (flatten terrain for best results)
      You will find it in the park menu.
      "I'm not saying it was aliens....BUT IT WAS ALIENS"
      Dependencies
      SM2 Prop Pack Vol2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3434
      BSC - VIP girafe carpack vol. 1 & 2 http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2821
      BSC - VIP girafe sparaxis http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2980
      BSC - VIP girafe cypresses http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2983
      Simmer2