7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hmm... maybe the first thing you should fix there is to eliminate those intersected roundabouts, as they have several pathing problems and could cause dead ends.

More than that, I cannot envison how you could build a city that indeed requires that much transportation infraestructure so close together. For a reference on really dense cities, check the posts and videos by @Haljackey. I think his cities are as far as you can get with densification without directly trying to beat the game by filling your cities with sims.

Beware of linking neighbor connections between both edges near any one corner. You risk inducing "eternal commuters" (qv).

I see freeways and roads but no avenues. If you expect high traffic, then you will need some avenues to carry traffic from each freeway exit to multiple roads (or vice versa). If you have NAM, then learn about the TLA-5 from the NWM part of it.

Half of your low-wealth sims will not have cars, so they will need public transit (or work) within walking distance. I highly recommend the RTMT mod that gives you bus stops you can plop right on a street, road or avenue. Just know that buildings facing them will not have a "door" there, so such stops usually need to be placed at intersections so that affected lots have access along another edge.

I too am puzzled by the interlocking traffic circles. What are you trying to do?

22 hours ago, matias93 said:

Hmm... maybe the first thing you should fix there is to eliminate those intersected roundabouts, as they have several pathing problems and could cause dead ends.

More than that, I cannot envison how you could build a city that indeed requires that much transportation infraestructure so close together. For a reference on really dense cities, check the posts and videos by @Haljackey. I think his cities are as far as you can get with densification without directly trying to beat the game by filling your cities with sims.

Probably my best example of what is being shown here - and I had to add more stuff once the city got going too!

Using Flickr since Imgur is done broked on this site

42115082331_d659276645_o.jpg

40308161120_2d812999ae_o.jpg

42115084801_5772336ec1_o.jpg

-----

After growth

NAM simulator on Low.

28242483768_e95712cb20_o.jpg

42069377762_c33a77b916_o.jpg

41395158084_5ab34fd12f_o.jpg

42069377012_23b90b6fbb_o.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Next steps, Power, Hospitals, Sanity, Water, and the other things... and the final result... hope you like it...

startNewCity3.jpg

startNewCity3a.jpg

startNewCity4.jpg

startNewCityFinal.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VitroOliveira
        Now I enter in my city and I cannot see any road traffic... help please...

• By marklcfc
        I love this game but I always get problems with traffic, I don't even have 7,000 population yet so I need to fix traffic. Roundabouts seems to help but I can't have roundabouts everywhere. Currently I have this problem for instance, its a queue to get back onto the highway. I don't know how I'm supposed to get traffic back on to the highway properly, so I just did this. Would welcome some advice.

• By mfcnr
        Here's the situation. I'm trying to add traffic stains to my roads(as can be seen in the pics). The only way I know how to do this is by superimposing props, problem is that I hit the prop limit, no more!  That is unacceptable. I'm wondering if there is some way to colorize, in other words stain the given game roads and use them as upgrades on existing roads without using props. After all, all we talking about is changing the existing color pixelization on the asset with no additional program elements. Is there some way of doing this? And I hope outside of using the Asset Editor which always crashes for some reason.

• By Googlefluff
        I was bored, so I decided to finally get this idea out of my head. It's partially inspired by Transport Fever, specifically the way it handles train trancks. In that game, tracks are laid one at a time, with new tracks snapping to adjacent ones. I thought, why not do the same with lanes of a road? So here's what I ended up with. Note that I have no experience with game design or programming whatsoever so I have no idea if any of this is even technically feasable, it's just something that would exist in my perfect city-builder. I'd love to hear any comments or questions, and let me know if there's anything I'm missing!

You may have to right click --> view image if the text is too small.