12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

• Original Poster
  • I think the only way I have is delete all line and stations, I cannot find plugins to resolve the problem and I cannot see any traffic in the line... opinions please.. thanks

• Original Poster
  • I have resolved almost the brown red green boxes... but i think almost one plugin left and I cannot find it...

brownboxesturnsredgreen1.jpg

From my own experience with red, green, (and blue) little boxes and splotches in the game it was a missing texture as a dependency that I needed to find and drop in my Plugins folder. Hopefully someone will recognize those in your image and know what is missing.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks Corina, I hope so, anyaway only one plugin left jejejej pluginpack 1211818505... and I cannot find it, maybe later... about the traffic in the HSR station seems not work and maybe I have to buldoze the line and the station... your opinion...

2 minutes ago, VitroOliveira said:

about the traffic in the HSR station seems not work and maybe I have to buldoze the line and the station... your opinion...

I vaguely remember a post about needing to drag the rail thru the station after plopping the station to activate it or something like that. Seems also that saving, exiting, and reentering the city tile also did the activation. (That's from my memory and as I don't currently use NAM it's just my best guess.)

1 minute ago, VitroOliveira said:

Corina can you explain me the difference  to NAM and CAM please...thanks

I know the basics of them.

NAM is the Network Addon Mod and it relates to all things traffic such as roads and rails and a multitude of new networks generally with letter and number abbreviations.

CAM is the Colossus Addon Mod and it tweaks the available stages of buildings which can grow. The vanilla game from Maxis has a total of 8 growth stages. CAM bumps that up to 15. In the process, some buildings in the original set are assigned to a different stage to balance them out. Stages are how the game holds off growing the larger buildings until certain population thresholds are passed.

I don't currently use either of them, so that's just a generalized overview. *;)

For more info, NAM's jobs are fixing commute time bug, add some features to the network simulator to even make airports capacity higher. Also, improvements to existing networks and new networks by NAM including wide roads, curved streets (part of wide-radius curves), realistic railway (you may need to select the RealRailway option in the installer), viaducts, elevated roads etc.

While CAM's job, well it's explained by Cori (her call name). One of misconceptions is CAM needs starter packs and it's not true. CAM already bend all Maxis buildings' value to it's own. Starter packs only needed if you want building varieties.

Thanks.

Other than both having "Addon Mod" in their names, there's almost no connection. However, CAM does (or did) have an optional traffic simulator that you should never ever use. Stick to NAM for all transit.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:36 AM, jeffryfisher said:

Other than both having "Addon Mod" in their names, there's almost no connection. However, CAM does (or did) have an optional traffic simulator that you should never ever use. Stick to NAM for all transit.

But, as I know, CAM 2 (the recommended version of the CAM you should download) doesn't include the simulator again. They have I-R fix and some other options but not the simulator.

Thanks.