fritzfarlig

Where can I find my DL history on STEX ?

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

1 hour ago, fritzfarlig said:

where can I find my DL history on STEX ?

As far as I know, this is not tracked on a per member basis. Individual files on the STEX have a download log which can be viewed by clicking the Who downloaded this? linky. And even that is purged after 30 days.

I can empathise with that problem myself, but if you keep a copy of the downloads separate from the installed mods, there is a way of doing this. When you go to download a mod, perform a search in the location of your downloaded mods for the filename that appears. If this matches something you've already downloaded, you can cancel the download and prevent ending up with duplicate copies. Should the file not be found, you can be reasonably sure it's a new file you've never downloaded previously.

In a previous version of the site there used to be a dedicated user download history page. Although I'm afraid this is no longer an option due to changes with the board software. As @CorinaMarie said, STEX downloads are recorded for 30 days on a rolling cycle as part of the logs, however after that point it doesn't go back any further. We could feasibly raise this for all categories depending on data storage availability. But without being a complete history, this may not be a great deal of use.

As explained by @rsc204, Keeping copies of all downloaded files in a central folder may help with managing what you've downloaded. Also at least here on Windows using Firefox and testing on Chrome, duplicate files will be renamed with a incrementing numerical suffix (#) like so:

E.g.

file.zip           = Original file
file(1).zip    = 1st duplicate
file(2).zip    = 2nd duplicate

Then perhaps sorting by file name or size would be a means of identifying these, should they slip through.

In terms of download history which @jeffryfisher mentioned, here are articles describing this feature for Firefox and Chrome.

Other browsers may include something similar.

15 hours ago, fritzfarlig said:

ok I was hoping there was a logfile sometimes you forget what did you DL

Given the data is stored for all files over this period, if you'd like I can attempt to lookup and combine the available history associated with your account. Let me know if this would be of help and I can format a list and send it you via PM.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VitroOliveira
      In some of my cityes I receive this message when I enter, is some way to resolve this... thanks...

• By ScreaminAbdabs
      Hi,
      1st post here and I am stuck. I am trying to download a number of mods for City Skylines including BloodyPenguin's Advanced buildings editor.
      When I subscribe to the mod Steam says its downloading, and when I look in the content manager the game says its there but when I open the Asset editor there are no additional options or menus.
      When I look in Cities_Skylines\FilesMods I just have the base ones, like Hardmode and when I look in Local\Colossal Order\Cityckylines\Addons\Mods its empty.
      Anyone any idea what's going on? Verifying the game cache does nothing it says all is OK and unsubscribing/subscribing also does nothing.
      I can download assets from the workshop, such as joaks excellent 4 track train station and these work fine.
      Do I have to enable something in game in order to use mods like the Advanced Buildings editor? I cannot find anything on the net saying this.
      Hope someone can help.
    • By Duco
      To whom it concerns,
      This post is meant as a a big ‘ Thank You!’ .
      Although I’m not a community man, I visit simtropolis a lot. Since a few months I have a new computer and I just copied the files from my old tot the new one.
      But now I have more possibilities and because the game crashes some times with my new settings, I decided to install everything from zero.
      C.P.’s terrainmod Meadowshire is installed, the seasonal trees from Girafe, a watermod from Peg, the NAM, Spam and several addons, so I am on my way.
      But when I am doing this, I  realize that this game woudn’t be anywhere, without all this cool things.
      So, Thank You! Just wanna say thank you to all the people who made/ make this game so much fun.
      Thanks!!
    • By pcwhiz24
      REGIONAL NIGHT VIEW MOD
      At long last, after a long time, I have finally made a mod that allows you to view your regions at night! After a long time of searching, turns out there's a hidden option maxis meant to implement in the SimCity_1.Dat file that allows regional night view!
      When you save a city, SC4 generates an image of the city that can be viewed in regional night view. This mod unlocks a hidden option that Maxis removed in the game's development that allows night mode in the region view. The game actually saves the nightlights already even without this mod believe it or not, just not at night. Now you can finally see night mode! I had to make the night view atmosphere manually using the DAT files and based it off SimFox Day'nite mod to match the mayor mode night view since all cool kids now'days are using it  

How to Install:
      You must follow these steps EXACTLY as below in order for this mod to properly work!!!
      1. Unpack ONLY .dat files to the plugins folder
      2. Unpack the DDS Saver Updater Mc-thingy.dll file into the Programs/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins Folder
      3. Copy the DDS Files to to the same place as step 2
      4. Also copy the .dds files to your plugins folder in My Documents while you're at it
      5. Once finished, start the game. 
      6. You should see a new button on the regional view simniliar to the day/night on mayor mode panel! Once you see it, click on it and you can switch to a realistic nightview!
      In order to see nightlights, load up one of your cities (or civilized areas of your region!). In mayor mode, switch to day view then night view until all city lights are on. THEN save the game and exit to region. You MUST have it switched to night when you save. The reason for this is because of the way SC4 saves region files. Repeat for all cities. To switch back to daylight, follow the same procedure as previously stated but with day view instead of night view  
      Now you must have SimFox Day n' Nite installed since I had to manually create the night view on the region that matches city view too. You won't see nightlights immediately though. 
      7. Please refer to the troubleshooting manual in my  read me if you encounter any issues as it is highly imperative proper installation procedures are followed or cities may be corrupted, forever.
      It's likely they removed this feature because of the game's limitation of having to save every city and exit out in night mode, hence why they left it as day time. 
      Bugs/Possible issues
      -At the moment, this mod only works on Windows. Tried installing this on a mac but it crashed then exploded (possibly for an unrelated reason)
      -Possible artifacts from Maxis
      -Requires EP1 update to work
      -It can get quite tedious saving every individual city in your region but boy it's worth it! Best part? If you want to switch back to day time, all you have to do is go back and save EVERY single city again but with day mode this time! Isn't that great?!
      -Likewise you also need update 1.1.640 for this mod to work
      -For months, I couldn't figure out how to get the UI to show up consistently. Give this mod a little time. It'll warm up to ya. 
      -Occasional instability and slow FPS in night mode.
      -One time I used this mod to take pics of my region for my city journal! It's time I share with you...my genius!
      -Likely possibility of this mod not working if instructions are not followed correctly!
      'Tis the season for Christmas, this mod is compatible with snow mod terrain and also compatible with NAM, CAM, SPAM, FLAM, JAM, DAM, DiaphRAM, etc.
      -Sometimes, the game crashes and corrupts all city files with this mod when taking screenshots. Must be another game limitation. Taking a screenshot with my iphone or samsung crashes the phone and the game.

DEPENDENCIES:
      -SimFox's Day/nite Mod
      -SimCity 4 Rush Hour or Deluxe with EP1 or 1.1.640 update 
      -A Working Windows PC
      -Working internet to show off your wonderful regional night views!
    • By simcity4rever
      Hello everybody, as you know im new at this simtropolis community but you might know that im filled up with talent!and you might know that my text can be small but inside of it it can be BIG! so, i wanna know what will be my next city?thanks.