vFareW

Issue with HK Garden Estate Towers

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello all, not sure if this is the right place for this, but I recently was reorganizing my plugins and had to redownload HK Garden Estate Towers.

I have been using the R$ lots 1a, 1b, 4a, 4b, 5a, 5b. However I have noticed that something weird is happening. 1b and 5b grow as normal, but 5a is growing using 1a's .desc info, and 4b with 4a's .desc info. If that is confusing, then an example is a 4x4 lot will grow, which is supposed to be Tower 5a. But the name and capacity, etc. will be Tower 1a, and the Tower 1a 2x3 lot will not grow. Same with 4b and 4a.

I used the buildingplop cheat to test, and noticed that there are only 4 ploppables despite there being 6 lots. I used reader to change exemplar name for lot 4b, but that didn't work and trying to plop 4b would still plop a 4a tower with 4b stats.

I removed the lot files and tested one by one, and they work fine. If I only use 1a, 1b, 4a then the lots are all there. If I use 1a, 1b, 4a, 4b, then 1a and 1b work properly, but there is only the 4b with 4a stats as the 3rd lot available.

I am inexperienced using PIM, but I used it to examine the lots by going to the lots and right click them and check dependency, using the 4a/4b combo as the test problem pair. If only 4a is there it says 4a dependency is 4a.desc, and it appears in the RCI descriptor list. If both 4a and 4b are there then 4a.desc disappears from the RCI descriptor list, and 4a.lot now says the dependency is 4b.desc.

I noticed that it has been updated lately, and maybe this problem is new. I have not used the other R$ lots or R$$ lots, so I am not sure if this is happening to other lots in the pack. Sorry if what I am saying is confusing!

Although it is not explicitly explained in the installation instructions in the ReadMe file included with the download, it is not intended that you keep all of the files (" Thus, after unzipping you can browse comfortably through the screenshots and decide which lots you are going to use and which ones not. Then, you can simply delete the folders of any undesired lot.").

The following overrides will occur if you do keep all files.  Thus you need to make several choices:

R$
4a vs. 4b
5a vs. 5b
6a vs. 6b
8a vs. 8b

R$$
2a vs. 2b
4a vs. 4b
5a vs. 5b
6a vs. 6b
8a vs. 8b

In all cases, if both versions of a lot are kept, the b version of the SC4Desc file will be the one used by the game.

• Original Poster
  • That is good to know, but for me in addition to the 4a/b lots, lot 5a was reading the 1a Desc file. I just changed the capacity on the 1a file so it had the 5a values as a workaround.

Well, sounds like something is amiss here. Thank you for reporting that. It definitely doesn't sound like it was intentional, at least not all of it. It's been ages ago and I hardly remember anything. I think the "a" and "b" lots were supposed to have identical towers and, hence, identical stats, but different lot configurations. However, 1 and 5 should be different, I think. I may have forgotten to replace a building exemplar with the correct one - can easily happen when you're juggling 32 lots.

The update was possibly due to the formatting of the STEX description. It became garbled during a site update, resulting in the download button being located off the screen. Therefore the description was cut off. I don't think the actual file was changed.

I recently found my HK Garden Estate plugins folder again. Bixel had re-exported most of the models in a better scaled version, and I had been working on an update, but never got around to finishing it, and then I lost the folder in some obscure backup location. Turns out I actually had it, stuffed away on my dying external HD, and managed to rescue it from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By WorkAsMayor
        Hi I am looking for NOB's road and street overlay pack

I just found this mod , he said it needs support files which is i am looking for and also gave an URL but the URL is not functional anymore
        And I did check on the google of SC4D but i got none result of this, so if anyone knew this file, plz tell me thx alot 

• By kingofsimcity
        KOSC presents: King's Community & Regional Park Pack, Volume 2
        Introduction
        King's Community & Regional Park Pack continues with volume 2 of 2 and much like the first set, covers a myriad of park types. Volume 2 has a heavier focus towards sports courts and complexes and as such, you'll see plenty of new (and renewed) tennis courts, baseball, softball and soccer/football fields for your Sims.
        Package Overview

Included in the following package is a set of custom textures and 36 park lots. Additionally there are a set of dugouts by @Glenni and a grouping of parked cars by @MushyMushy, both of whom were kind enough to provide these props for the set.
        The parks in this set are broken down into the following categories.
        Community Parks - 5 lots: These are the standard community parks similar to the ones in the previous volume.
        Royal Trails - 6 lots: This is a set of semi-modular aimed at filling the in-between areas of your wealthier neighborhoods.
        Tennis Parks - 4 lots: Tennis-centric lots ranging from small community courts to a large center. Contains a redux (will not override) of the original Green Green Tennis Greens.
        Sports Fields - 16 lots: Contains different rotations of soccer fields as well as multi-wealth variants of diagonal and orthogonal softball fields.
        Abandoned Parks - 2 lots: These parks are already partially reclaimed by nature and would look great in a post-apocalyptic setting.
        Sports Complexes - 3 lots: Large-scale multi-field complexes. Very powerful parks that can massively stimulate city growth. 
        General Stats
        Park stats are generally designed around their respective wealth. In general:
        Low Wealth: No R§§§ relief, 50% R§§ relief, full R§ relief. Massively reduced landmark effect (value), park effect (value and radius) and monthly costs. Medium Wealth: 50% R§§§ relief, full R§ and R§§ relief. Moderately reduced park effect (value) High Wealth: Full residential cap relief. Full landmark effect, park effect with increased water consumption and monthly costs. In addition, all parks share the following property:
        Air pollution reduction, light water pollution (both grow with respect to park size) Tennis Parks follow a different formula (inverted values, with full R§§§ relief and weaker relief for R§§ and R§). 
        Sports Fields have generally fixed cap and park values determined only by wealth and type (softball/baseball/soccer). These fields do not provide a landmark effect. In particular, lower wealth baseball and softball fields will generate minor amounts of garbage as well.
        Abandoned Parks are extremely weak as parks, providing little to no park effect and cap relief and even generating a bit of garbage! They're offset by being especially cheap to plop and free of maintenance costs.
        Sports Complexes boast massive amounts of cap relief (progressively weaker by higher wealth) and a massive park effect radius but a much weaker effect value. They are also expensive to plop and have relatively high maintenance costs. 
        The Royal Trails set of parks appear near the top of the parks menu while the rest should slot in-between and after the Maxis parks.
        Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
        Install Instructions
        Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. If you want to use DAMN (optional), seen the additional instructions below.
        DAMN Users Only
        There is a second zip file included that contains DAMN menus for these parks.
        You will need DAMN for these menus to show up/work.
        Merge the DAMN folder in the zip with the one inside the SimCity 4 install directory Plugins folder (not documents).
        For CD/DVD users, the default is - C:/Program Files (x86)/Maxis/SimCity 4/Plugins/DAMN/
        For Steam users, the default is - C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/SimCity 4 Deluxe/Plugins/DAMN/
        Drop the zzzzzz_DAMN_Hidden folder into your standard My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder if you want to hide the lots from the normal menus in-game. If you still want access to the original menu icons, feel free to delete this folder entirely.
        Texture Replacement
        This pack uses another set of textures not included as part of any of my previous dependency packs. Those looking to generate a custom set can find the repository for it here.
        Dependencies
        Due to the sheer size of this set relative to the first and the need for more variety, the dependency list grows just a bit. These are limited to some more of girafe's HD flora and the Light Replacement Mod. As before, If you've downloaded any of my previous works then you should have a good majority of the required dependencies already.
        Props
        SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 Maxis Prop Names and Query Fix BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 AnyOne for Tennis VIP girafe elms VIP girafe beeches VIP girafe lindens VIP girafe maples v2 VIP girafe birches VIP girafe Walnut trees VIP girafe Canary date palms VIP girafe villa Libeskind (for the hedges) VIP girafe feather grass VIP girafe cattails Light Replacement Mod v4.0 Mega Pack (light props only) Dugout & Car Park Props (Included) Textures
        BSC Textures Vol. 1 BSC Textures Vol. 2 BSC Texture Pack Cycledogg V01 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures Superpaths Pathway Textures Community & Regional Park Pack, Vol. 1 (for the first set of Community Park Textures) Community Park Textures 2 (Included) Acknowledgements
        Thank you to all the content creators behind the props/textures packs that made this set possible!
        Huge thanks to MushyMushy for providing the custom vehicle props for the tennis parks and Glenni for providing the baseball/softball dugout models!
        Additional thanks goes out to rivit for his Bender tool and rsc204 & rivit for their work GoFSH work that made my texture creation a rather painless process.
        Enjoy!
      • By jeffryfisher
        When I get a brown-box of a building, I know I am missing a dependency such as a building model. But what's happening when a lot is simply barren? I have a couple SG industrial lots appearing in my game that look as if they were scraped clean by an EF-5 tornado. All that's there is a pattern of grass and pavement with a few props in the parking lot.
        These might be lots that I tried to edit to fit the IRM scheme (Dirty into medium density, clean into high-density). It is possible that I was still using a buggy version (1.4) of iLives back when I did my edits. Could either my inexpert editing or a bug in ilives cause buildings to vanish without a trace?
        Please let me know what other info (using what tool) that I should gather to solve this mystery. Before I go back to the (many) original industrial downloads and redo all of my work in iLives 1.56, I'd like to find out if there's a simpler fix.
      • By kingofsimcity
        KOSC presents: Diego Del Llano's Puerto Vallarta Growables - Icon Vallarta
        Introduction
        Diego's Puerto Vallarta Growables is a new series of re-lots featuring @Diego Del Llano's fantastic BATs that were based in his hometown. As quite of few of these buildings had their bases graciously removed for lotting, I've decided to take another step beyond just converting them into growables. This first release will cover Icon Vallarta, a luxurious condo building located on the beachfront in Puerto Vallarta.
        Package Overview
        The building was lotted in several different configurations, from your typical small footprint growable to a massive two and three tower complex. Some lots take advantage of the fact that the real-life version is located in a tropical climate. Thus, several lot will have palm trees and tropical plants as its primary flora source. The layout of the largest complex in particular is loosely based off its actual real-life counterpart from the layout of the entrances down to the relative placement of the pool and the buildings.
        Included in the following package are a total of 5 lots: All are R§§§ growables.
        General Stats
        The included growable lots will provide occupancy anywhere from 915 R§§§ to 2738 R§§§ sims, based on the number of buildings in the lot. The lots themselves are offered in the following configurations.
        3x2 front, stage 8; 3x3 front, stage 7; 4x4 left corner, stage 7 for the single tower variant 6x8 front, stage 6 for the dual tower variant 6x10 front, stage 7 for the triple tower variant Detailed stats and information can be found in the enclosed README.
        Install Instructions
        Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. Since the original buildings used separate IDs for both the MaxisNite and DarkNite models, two separate zips are included at your convenience.
        Dependencies
        Main Building(s)
        Icon Vallarta Props
        SHK Parking Pack BSC MEGA Props SG Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 1 BSC MEGA Props CP Vol. 2 LBT MEGA Prop Pack Vol. 1 AnyOne for Tennis VIP girafe maples v2 VIP girafe Canary date palms Textures
        NDEX Texture Set Vol. 1 SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures SuperSHK+ FA3 Parking Textures Acknowledgements
        Credit goes to Diego Del Llano for the original BAT! Additional thanks to all the content creators behind the props/textures packs that made this set possible.
        Enjoy!
      • By Jasoncw
        0. INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the Lot - Help thread.
        This forum's moderators are: @Jasoncw@JP Schriefer@MushyMushy@T Wrecks@Toothless Stitch@elavery@Terring
        Below are links to the different sections of this thread.
        1. Resources
        A list of links which you might find useful.
        2. Help
        If you need help, or have any lotting related questions, you can post about your problem in this thread and someone will try to help you. Over time, an archive of questions and answers will develop, which you will be able to browse through to see if someone else has already had the same problem as you. This thread is the right place to post questions for anything lot related.