10 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

You deleted some plugins from your folder, or you installed and plopped a lot without installing all its dependencies.

When you do those things and then save and re-open your city, the game warns you about it, mainly because it can cause file corruption in the long term.

Check the recently plopped lots for brown boxes or blackened textures, close the game without saving and install the dependencies you missed.

• Original Poster
  • Thank you for try help , but sincerely I cannot find the things or plugins I need,... Are some way to find how find this plugins...

I uploaded some lists into the omnibus to help people find their missing plugins, first of all

To convert Plugin Pack ID shown on the Load Warning Box in SC4 enter the number into a Decimal Calculator and then convert this number into a hexadecimal number, then search the relevant CATALOG ID file for the HEX number no guarantee the number will be in the CATALOGs as I have stopped updating it, but there is a good chance it will be listed.

This is the first CATALOG ID file

there are 16 files all together.

-catty

Hi @VitroOliveira, welcome to Simtropolis! *:)

Those numbers shown in the "Warning" dialog are from an identifier known as a Plugin Pack ID.

As far as I'm aware, all lots are assigned one of these in the exemplar properties. Then once placing a custom lot in the game and saving, a record is made to these IDs in the saved city file. Upon loading a tile it then checks to make sure the lots inside the current city are loaded from your Plugins folder. Basically the warning message is a reminder that the referenced model files it expects are missing, and they must be added back to make the lots functional again.

Converting the three IDs shown in your screenshot to hexadecimal form (from decimal), they are as follows:

• 0x29F68062
    • 0xF084B5FE
    • 0xA6AAE59E

Maybe these can be found in the useful lists Catty mentioned above?

Otherwise on their own, these IDs don't tell us much. However, one potential method I've discovered is to open a saved city file in iLive's Reader to determine what item of content they refer to. The individual exemplars include other details such as the Name and Type, which gives a much better chance of tracking them down.

If you'd like feel free to upload the affected saved city here in reply (as an attachment), or send it me via PM. Then hopefully the missing plugins can be identified before looking into possible missing dependencies on the lots themselves.

On the subject of Dependencies...

Just to clarify, the plugin pack warning will show when custom lots are built in a city, but are no longer in your Plugins. But in addition to the lots themselves, they may also require extra files including other models, props or textures. Usually on the STEX and other exchanges, authors will list these in the description or readme documentation. Without these installed in your Plugins folder, you may notice brown boxes or other missing details when they're built in the game.

Some more info from a recent post I made in reply to the "Mod error" thread:

On 16/04/2018 at 2:04 AM, Cyclone Boom said:

The cause of brown boxes is due to model files missing for use on custom lots. Without them installed, the game shows a box instead. Also it appears you're short of a texture from the lot itself, which explains why the blue grid is showing through.

Both props and textures are collectively known as dependencies. In other words, these are files needed for any lot to work properly when built inside the game. So as a next step here, I suggest checking the description or included readme documentation of the files. These will hopefully specify the extra content required to be placed in your Plugins folder, in addition to the lot files themselves. Most dependencies are bundled in the form of MEGA packs containing a collection of multiple props or textures.

Just be sure to run the installers on these (or extract if a zipped archive), and the contents which are usually *.dat files will be copied to your Plugins folder. Then unless there are specific requirements necessary to adjust the loading order, they can always be moved to a subfolder structure of your choice. As long as placed somewhere inside Plugins.

7 hours ago, Cyclone Boom said:

....Converting the three IDs shown in your screenshot to hexadecimal form (from decimal), they are as follows:

• 0x29F68062
    • 0xF084B5FE
    • 0xA6AAE59E

While these numbers aren't in the lists, it sometimes helps to see if there is a close match, and in this case there is to one of the numbers

0xF084B5FD = SG_4x4_WaterControlBoard

given how close it is I'm guessing that one of your missing plugins has to belong to SimGoober

Sorry I can't help.

• Original Poster
  • Hello again, I have resolved almost all plugin problems with the Brown boxes, but some plugins remain and I cannot see becouse... maybe some help...

plugimProblemsa.jpg

On 09/05/2018 at 9:44 PM, VitroOliveira said:

Hello again, I have resolved almost all plugin problems with the Brown boxes, but some plugins remain and I cannot see becouse... maybe some help...

Looks like you've made great progress with identifying the dependencies.

For those still missing, once again I'm more than happy to investigate the two missing plugins causing the error. Should you wish, you're most welcome to upload your city tile in reply as an attachment (or send me a PM). By default, cities will be located in folders at: \Documents\SimCity 4\Regions\<Region Name>

Like I did here to help another member experiencing the exact same problem, all being well the files can be tracked down. *;)