3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

You will have to copy them to a different directory.  You can navigate to the location of your steam library and find the mods and assets in this folder:
Default location of Skylines assets and mods is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\255710

You will then have to sort them according to this:
https://skylines.paradoxwikis.com/User_path

Steam doesn't work in offline mode atm. Usually it wasn't a problem, but the last patch to Steam messed it up. You can do like hemeac suggest and have them installed locally, but I really wouldn't recommend that. They lose their connection to the workshop and don't get updated anymore. Just yesterday I had an issue caused by a mod I had locally installed, because it hadn't updated for the latest patch. Removing that and subscribing to the workshop version fixed all my problems. But it can get messy with lots of mods and some mods like Metro Overhaul Mod doesn't work at all when installed locally.

The best would be to just stay online until Steam gets fixed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mitch1238
      Edit: Both are done: 

The taxiway needs some polishing, but I'm up against a hard stop with the runway currently. I have a functional asset, but it looks like garbage and I suspect it's because of the RoadAI that came over from my template. 
      Can changing network prefab AIs only be done with scripts/the existing workshop mod? I've gone pretty deep into the Scene Explorer in ModTools trying to find a way to overwrite the existing AI, but it all seems to loop back on itself in a giant circle, and the Asset AI Changer mod predates the Road Editor by quite a bit. I've hit the limit of my current knowledge/experience. 
      -----
      Anyway, the taxiway (which will get an update once I sort this AI issue out, hopefully) is live. Feel free to mess around with this to your heart's content:
      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1389032956
      This is my first "real" mod. It's probably not as clean as it should be, but I'm hoping it'll be a template for future content. Thanks to @Badi_Dea for the ModTools tutoring.

• By STApps
      Hi there,
      I've been told to post here in a comment to my reddit post, I hope that this is the correct section.
      I'm not a modder and I don't have enough experience with Unity3d/time to do this by myself, so I'm posting here to see if someone can help me.
      My mod allows to build parallel roads easily, and judging from the response on the linked reddit post, it's something that a lot of players were waiting for. However, for the reasons stated before, I can't seem to be able to create a good and working UI, meaning that I won't be able to release it in a short timeframe.
      Here's what I need:
      A draggable window with tabs support for future updates (just like in Network Skins) Two buttons on top right corner, one is a checkbox used to enable/disable the mod while the other one is a button to add more rows in the panel below A panel containing a variable number of rows (either using a scrollbar or increasing the panel's height), items are added using the second button above Each row is composed by 2x UITextInput, a UIDropDown, 2x UIButton (one should be hidden on the first row only) The second button must have a "x" icon and it's needed to remove rows An icon showing two parallel roads with all the visual states needed for a checkbox An icon with an arrow pointing down (not just the triangle, I need the entire arrow), with the same requirements as the other icon What I have now? Just the template for the rows, and I'm not even sure if it's fully working.
      I understand that I'm asking a lot, but I can't really work on this UI because, besides the lack of time and knowledge, my dev environment is in a virtual machine and I can't even debug, making the entire experience quite frustrating.
      If someone is willing to help, here's a link to my GitHub repository.
      Thank you for your time!
    • By von_Maximilian
      I fell like there is a simple solution to this problem but it is eluding me. In a previous post I was asking for help adding RICO settings to sub-buildings and I now have that sorted out. However, I have this problem where all my sub-buildings included in the RICO XML file are appearing in the UI panel as boxes (see image below). In the XML I deleted the ui-category="xxxx" for all the sub-buildings but that didn't do anything. I am out of ideas. In an old guide by AJ3D he mentions:
      I am not sure how to give procedural placement style to buildings though, or if this is even the right solution lol. Any help appreciated.

• By Avanya
      So I figured I might as well make a topic here, as this is most likely not gonna be the last time I ask for you guys' oppinion.  If I remember, I'll post WIP and releases of my buildings here.
      My current project is a bus depot that fits the european theme and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - but I've ended up with two sizes of it and I just can't decide which I like the best and could see myself using both. So I'd love some feedback - which you prefer or if it makes sense to upload both of them.
      The small one is about the same size as the default one and has the same stats. The large one has slightly higher stats, but as depots can spawn infinite busses there's no benefit to the bigger one. I purely made it this large as the ones I took inspiration from were this size or bigger.
      Picture time!