avrona

Game Crashes Quickly After Loading.

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Just a few second after I load up my city, a get a message from Windows that the game has crashed, and when I click "ok" on the window, Cities Skylines instantly closes. I have attached the output and error logs.

error.log

output_log.txt

I see this error which I haven't seen before.

Spoiler

TlsException: Invalid certificate received from server. Error code: 0xffffffff800b010a
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.validateCertificates (Mono.Security.X509.X509CertificateCollection certificates) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.Client.TlsServerCertificate.ProcessAsTls1 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage.Process () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.HandshakeMessage:Process ()
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.ClientRecordProtocol.ProcessHandshakeMessage (Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.TlsStream handMsg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.RecordProtocol.InternalReceiveRecordCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as IOException: The authentication or decryption has failed.
  at Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.SslStreamBase.AsyncHandshakeCallback (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Rethrow as WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: The authentication or decryption has failed.): SendFailure
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse (IAsyncResult asyncResult) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.WebClient.GetWebResponse (System.Net.WebRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataCore (System.Uri address, System.Object userToken) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
CimToolsRushHour.v2.Workshop.Changelog:DownloadChangelog()
RushHour.LoadingExtension:OnLevelLoaded(LoadMode)
LoadingWrapper:OnLevelLoaded(UpdateMode)
<LoadLevelComplete>c__Iterator9:MoveNext()
LoadingManager:Update()

Looks to be something to do with Rush Hour. Try disabling the mod and see if it loads up fine without (disabling Rush Hour doesn't break the save, so you can test safely). It's also a good idea to test if you can start a new city fine or if you crash doing that too.

• Original Poster
  • Just now, Avanya said:

Looks to be something to do with Rush Hour. Try disabling the mod and see if it loads up fine without (disabling Rush Hour doesn't break the save, so you can test safely). It's also a good idea to test if you can start a new city fine or if you crash doing that too.

I can already start a new game just fine.

• Original Poster
  • 21 minutes ago, Avanya said:

So I tried loading the game twice now without Rush Hour, and each time I got this instead:

image.thumb.png.3193665c2fe64963c1a3225529f69052.pngThey appear to be Cims all clamped together, but still animated. I can't select them or anything, and the menu music still plays.

I'm afraid I have no idea what causes that. Do you perhaps have an older version of the save to try and load. Since you have no problems with a new game it could be an issue with the save itself.

If you don't have older versions of the save, I highly recommend you save as a new file from now on instead of saving over the same file each time. I add a number at the end, so I have Save1, Save2, Save3 and so on. You can then delete or move all but the last 5 out of the savegame folder as the game does slow down a bit if you have tons of save files in there. It's the best way to guard against a file getting corrupted and is handy to determine if something broke in the save. Instead of losing the whole thing, you'd just lose some progress. 

It might be worth posting over in the official support forums as well and attach the same files as here. I think there's a little more activity there as well as a support rep. Hopefully someone has some idea of what's up and what you can do.

• Original Poster
  • 1 minute ago, Avanya said:

It might be worth posting over in the official support forums as well and attach the same files as here. I think there's a little more activity there as well as a support rep. Hopefully someone has some idea of what's up and what you can do.

I have already posted this issue in their days ago, yet still I haven't been given a solution there.

There's so many factors that play a role it can be really hard to pinpoint the issue of something. 

Try turning off all mods except for these ones. They should be the only ones that can break your save (so no point in loading without them), so hopefully we can see if it's a mod acting up.

• Unlimited Outside Connections
    • Network Extensions 2
    • 81 tiles
    • Loading Screen Mod (just leave that on for faster loading)

I use all of those except Unlimited Outside Connections, so I can confirm they work. And as Unlimited Outside Connections is by BloodyPenguin, I'm pretty sure that's working too. Ignore that your city will get messed up with all the other mods missing and just don't save. It's just a test to see if it works at all with the minimum required mods.

Do what Avanya said, I just want to leave a note that I gave up on using Rush Hour because it seems to be branched out very far throughout the entire game and therefore can cause quite a bit of conflict. Next time just don't use it haha

In my experience Rush Hour is fine as long as you don't have a city that was saved while an event was happening. Events are broken now, so trying to load a city with an ongoing event doesn't go well. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it despite it needing an update.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By christopherius
        I'm trying to find out why my Cities Skylines game keeps crashing. It will work for about 20 minutes then crash to the desktop.
        Computer Specs:
        CPU: AMD FX-8300
        RAM: 24 Gb
        Video Card: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
        The mods I am running:
        Fine Road Tool Loading Screen Mod Traffic Manager: PE Move It! Extra Landscaping Tools More Beautification Fine Road Anarchy Prop & Tree Anarchy Surface Painter Automatic Bulldoze Prop Precision Find It Prop Snapping Improved Asset Icons Better Bulldozer Less Steam Ploppable Asphalt Network Extensions 2 Precision Engineering Prop Line Tool Network Skins Quay Anarchy Decal Prop Fix 81 Tiles Realistic Population No Pillars First Person Camera Now this always appears at the end of my crash logs:
        Receiving unhandled NULL exception #0 0x007ffd3f8eb780 in funlockfile #1 0x007ffd3f8ebd40 in operator new(unsigned long) #2 0x007ffd3f8ebd60 in operator new(unsigned long) #3 0x007ffd3f8ebda0 in std::vector<core::basic_string<char, core::StringStorageDefault<char> >, std::allocator<core::basic_string<char, core::StringStorageDefault<char> > > >::~vector() #4 0x007ffd3f8ebdc0 in zcfree #5 0x007ffd3f8ecbc0 in __libc_start_main #6 0x007ffd3f8ecc80 in zcfree Full crash log here: https://paste.ee/p/tFZ80
        Not sure what to make of it. Any Ideas?
      • By Dreamerrrrrr
        Hello!
        Can you create a short step by step guide of full installing of the game?
        During playiing even with original game with widescreen resolution, the game was crashed sometimes without save. And now, after installed some of addons, textures of some buildings didn't appear, for example, I don't see textures of the Fiesta de Turistica hotel and 2 others buildings at Commercial sectior, and when I have downloaded a separate building of Fiesta de Turistica recently, it still doesn't shows itself, and I have just rebuilt it by myself. And the game became more often crashing even when I am trying to make a save during the pause.
        Now I am thinking, maybe it would be much better to create a hot short guide of step by step game installing? Or it has already done? For example, a guide can contain something like this: 1) Install the original Rush Hour game; 2) Set the widesrceen resolution. 3) Download these packs of mods/addons firstly, and those pack  secondly. 4) And if you wanna more trains, buses, download this for thirdly.
        Oh! And maybe, the next step would be beautiful (if its possible), for example: 5) And finally, if you wanna to reformat a map/cities to 3D, in GTA San Andreas Universe, only for riding, without build progress, but if you wanna ride at all the cities at the whole map, just do some things..., and if you wanna to join your cities with GTA SA cities, do this... (I am looking for GTA SA dimension becuase its not resoursable for computers, and it has the unlimited map; maybe, GTA Vice city also would be beautiful but its map had borders, and vehicles comes back to the center of the map automatically. For example, its possible to reconvert GTA IV to GTA SA, so, maybe if it will be something  possible between SC4 and GTA dimensions?). 

Thank you!
      • By Glenni
        I just Played SimCity 4 for the first time in almost 8 years...
        No mods installed, just the base game, but a wave of nostalgia hit me. It even put tears in my eyes to see it back, but they were tears of joy.
        Back in 2011, one of the main reasons I quit was that my computer failed, and I couldn't get a backup of my plugins,  BAT textures and models files. 
        On top of that, I didn't have a computer that could actually run the game, just a weezy little netbook.
        I had older backup copies, but they dated back to 2008, that was close to 3 GB of lost content, my own lot edits for my cities, etc. Plus an unknown number of forever lost BATs.It kind of put an end to my enjoyment for a while - but thankfully i turned out i DID have a more recent backup,  I found an external hard drive, with a backup that rolled me back a couple months back from the crash, meaning I only lack a couple things.
        First I plan to just get used to the game and community again, as well all the new content. The hundreds, if not thousands of new buildings, flora, cars, familiarise myself with the new (to me) NAM V.36 etc. There is a ton of groundbreaking things I've never seen, to get used to.
        To mention some; dynamic weather mods, dynamic water mods, and a slew of things that back then I thought was never going to be possible in SimCity 4. 
        Let me tell you that it is awesome to see this community still at it though, and my plan is to start BATting, uploading, and showcasing city journals again, just like old times!. 
      • By hiddentemple
        This is a very recent issue. My game has only crashed three times in the past year.
        After the splash screen, it will allow me to move around and do things for about ten seconds before it immediately crashes no matter what I do; even after loading one of my cities it will crash after about ten seconds.
        Here is the first part of the last exception report:
        I hope this helps.
        ~ hiddentemple ~
      • By JohnAkaMrP
        Hi All,
        I had been running the game with just the 8 MB of memory that I had when I bought my current computer in 2013, but I started getting loading times that were too long to tolerate.  I upgraded the current machine myself to 16 MB maybe two or three months back and have been celebrating not breaking my machine ever since by downloading too many great assets. 
        Anyway, of late, if I've tabbed out of CS to another application (like Firefox with one or more Youtube pages open), I've have Windows tell me that I'm running low on memory, then seemingly give me the option to close the CS application.  In reality, by the time this happens, the CS application is already too unstable to allow me to even save my progress, so my two options are to allow Windows to close the CS or deny it permission and then have to use the Task Manager to force the shut down.  My load times are quite acceptable, so by that one (albeit simple) measure, the computer seems to be able to handle the assets and mods.  However, I'd like to be able to move back and forth between Firefox and CS so that I can get inspiration from someone's Youtube series and/or Google Maps.
        Does the behavior described above sound like anything other than subscribing to too many assets and mods?  Any advice other than scrapping assets and mods?
        Thanks in advance for any help!
        John