1. alborzka

alborzka

• Similar Content

• By Framit
      Hello.
      I would like to create a new quay, but I don't know where to start. What I need? Once the mesh is created in sketchup, what do I have to do? How many files do I need? What type?
      I would also like to rebuild my Wall  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1266458566 with network techniques but I don't know how to do it. If someone can help me I would be so thankful.

Regards

• By simmaster07
      This mod may not be compatible with the "All 3 CityHalls Modd Reward fix". This plugin is intended to supersede that file's behavior.
      This is a DLL for SimCity 4 that makes the City Hall reward upgradeable. Instead of implementing the three City Hall stages as separate reward lots, this mod implements Maxis' originally intended behavior of actually replacing the City Hall lot as new stages are unlocked. It also prompts the user with advisor messages asking if they want to upgrade the reward, just like the airport upgrade behavior.
      This mod is part of my effort to deconstruct the internal game interfaces. The development thread can be found at this link. Source code is over here.
      Behavior
      The user is prompted monthly to upgrade to stage 2 when the city's population reaches 45,000, and to upgrade to stage 3 at 95,000. The mod also adds a cheat code, "UpgradeCityHall," that forces the upgrade prompt to appear regardless of population.
      Installation
      Unzip to your plugins folder.
      On Windows and Mac versions other than the App Store, this is in Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. On the Mac App Store version, this is in ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.simcity4.appstore/Data/Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins. Create these directories if they do not exist yet.
      Mac users
      You must install SC4MacInjector before using this mod or else nothing will happen.
      Compatibility
      Tested and working on 1.1.641.0 (Steam/GOG/Origin) on Windows and the Steam version of SC4 for Mac. Also works in combination with SC4Fix and the Extra Cheats DLL. Untested but should work with any version of SimCity 4 Deluxe or SimCity 4 w/ Rush Hour.
    • By Miccrosshill
      Hi there,

i never touched roads or quays for modding and i may need to make a new quay - mostly just the texture. I have absolute no idea how to start this. I know there are nodes so is it a road? Where to find the right template. And is it easy to make?

I appriciate any help.

btw. that is the pier i want as quay - google map
    • By tacoslavilla
      I replaced some low density zones for medium density and only one building has developed. I have high demand for residential but not enough space to zone more. They all have water, and pipes under them. What I'm doing wrong?

• By Cyclone Boom
      Site Upgrade Announcement   
      I'm pleased to announce @Dirktator has confirmed that today, Simtropolis is scheduled to receive a significant site upgrade. In the process we'll be incrementing the site's version to ST9.0. The latest major update to the IPS Suite will be applied to bring a whole host of new and exciting features.
      Most notably:

Reactions This will give more flexibility to describe why you like a content item.
      It'll allow Reactions to be tailored to best suit our community, such as with custom sets & icons.
        Recommended Replies A way for helpful, informative or useful replies to be highlighted inside a thread.
      Will be a way of drawing attention to popular posts, including those providing answers to the OP's question.
        Content Messages Allow announcements or important info to be seen within a content item.
      Uses may include thread guidelines, reminders to follow, or even useful info for reference (e.g. links or images).
        Promoting Content A range of possibilities to improve the accessibility of content. STEX files, CJs, forum posts, the whole lot.
      Social media options can be explored, such as to connect with the site's Twitter as a content stream.
        Fluid Forum View Optionally view the forum via a topic list or grid mode instead of traditional categories.
      This is configurable for all users via a toggle, so it's possible to easily switch between the views.
        Editor Uploading Improvements Simplified ability to attach images and files to a post.
      Now possible to drag & drop into specific locations, without needing to insert manually.
        Gallery Improvements A range of enhancements for uploading Gallery images.
      Usability improvements also introduced for albums, and also the navigation with the image lightbox display.
        City Journals Sidebar CJ authors can optionally add a sidebar with information about their entries.
      This uses the post editor, so text or other media can be added. HTML access available on request.
        Letter Profile Photos The default avatar replaced with a random coloured background, featuring the 1st character of a username.
      This will only affect users who haven't changed their avatar from the anonymous grey silhouette.  
      There's also the Clubs feature, which will restore a similar functionality to the old Groups. The advantage here is it's integrated and built into the core software, whereas previously it was a 3rd party plugin that was made incompatible. We won't be rolling out the Clubs immediately, but we have some ideas on how they can be used more effectively this time around, since they'll allow more options.

Plus a visual overhaul and an assortment of other minor changes.
      Along with a few other surprises in store coming soon, so watch out for those too...

Expected Downtime   
      Since this is a larger update than usual, the site may be unavailable for a slightly longer period. It's scheduled anytime from 12pm noon EDT / 4pm UTC onwards (view clock), and we anticipate this will be no more than 1 hour.
      Should the downtime be prolonged, please check our Twitter feed for progress updates.

Bugs & Stability   
      The new version has been released in a client beta for several weeks, meaning stability has been tried & tested. However as is common with any new software product, there's a chance for undetected bugs to crop up when applied in unique environments. Please bear with us if there are any instabilities to start with, and report them below or in the bugs thread.

Feedback   
      We'd love to hear ways the site and the above features can be improved or best implemented. If you've any ideas feel free to share them below. We'll also be opening threads specifically to gain feedback on specific aspects within the next several weeks.

Thanks everyone, and we hope you enjoy the new site!