3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

I've been working on what I thought would be a pretty straight forward project, a sound barrier with translucent glass panel...  My solution isn't elegant, but is functional, yet I had noticed that my wall is exhibiting strange patterns when viewed at near parallel angles.  Think you should be able to see below.  At first I thought this may be edge bleeding from my UV map, but I've fiddled around with it enough to not think that is a problem and given that there is nothing so obvious when viewed perpendicular.  Any thoughts?  I thought maybe something other than greyscale walls may help mask it.  The last is the close up screenshot.

Screenshot 869.png

Screenshot 870.png

Screenshot 863.png

Looks like moire pattern aliasing, because the resolution is bad and the wall is just a fine array of lines at that distance and angle.

Kodak_DCS14.jpg

If that's all it is, there's nothing else you can do other than increasing the game resolution, or taking a hi res screenshot using shift f12.

• Original Poster
  • Thanks again, meant to reply to your other post once I finished this.  The rotor shader is so close to being perfect, it would be great if we could combine props together.  Next on my list is to try your AnimUV script.  I upped my resolution to 4k on the game (play at around 3k) and the moire pattern was less apparent, but still there.  Guess the solution is to try and avoid using this in perfectly straight lines.