65 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

22 minutes ago, Bach2Baroque said:

So is anyone else experience high memory usage with the DLC? I usually get around 5.5gb before 1.10 now it's consistently using 7gb worth. Since I only make assets and actually never play the game the mods that i use are pretty lightweight, plus I only have less than 130 custom assets enabled. Kinda bugging me a little cause now there's a slight delay every time i try to open menus & tabs. Or maybe my PC is finally showing it's age :(

I noticed that too. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 4:08 PM, willham said:

what's the possible next dlc after parklife?

Airports?  I know that it already includes airports, but it would be cool to have highly customizable airport zones.

Similarly seaports and rail cargo stations.  Maybe like a whole logistics DLC that lets you create working intermodal container yards, rail yards and seaports?

Park Life could have included golf courses and beaches.

On 5/23/2018 at 12:23 PM, Turjan said:

I'm not sure whether we are technically already at the point where we can have both, a detailed, graphically true representation of a city and a proper city sim at the same time. Pick one. C:S has shown that city builders are a viable niche for mid-size companies, but I don't see anybody else trying to compete at the moment. C:S bogs down noticeably already in the 120-150k population range, and I try not to exceed that too much. I have built a 400k city, but the performance of that one is measured in seconds per frame rather than the other way round. The shocking thing is that this 400k city doesn't really extend much past the "official" 9 tiles. I can sort of understand that CO expressed some surprise over the fact that people actually use all DLC's at once.

Not sure whether it's the Unity base or something else, but I don't see the current game have much room for loading even more calculations into it. I was certainly one of the more vocal people who complained about the limits in this game, and I even got a bone thrown with the increased building limit, but I have learned to be careful with what I wish for.

C:S stutters a lot at high populations because of the way the traffic simulator operates (I think every house has a car, even in the smallest, tightest area) and how other businesses work. A real small town hardly has any traffic (beyond the main highway that runs through/near it), even if there's not a huge walking/bicycling scene.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:48 PM, Bach2Baroque said:

So is anyone else experience high memory usage with the DLC? I usually get around 5.5gb before 1.10 now it's consistently using 7gb worth. Since I only make assets and actually never play the game the mods that i use are pretty lightweight, plus I only have less than 130 custom assets enabled. Kinda bugging me a little cause now there's a slight delay every time i try to open menus & tabs. Or maybe my PC is finally showing it's age :(

One of the main reasons why when I got my new computer I had the place I bought it from put in 32 gig or ram (I do more than play games).. And it makes a huge difference since with 1754 assets, my memory usage sits at around 14 gig before dropping a little bit..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I want to start a gaming YouTube channel. However, there are many obstacles:
      I have just SimCity 4 and as you know, the game isn't a great game to start with. So, I need Cities: Skylines, which leads me to the next problem. My computer isn't powerful enough to play C:S because just I'm using HD Graphics 3000. 4 GB of RAM is fine. My internet speed both upload and download is really slow, 1 Mbps and sometimes error without reasons. I don't have camera for future facecam (not really a concern). I don't have empty external hard drive (1 TB is recommended) for the next thing I will discuss. Luckily, there is a Geforce iCafe-certified internet cafe near me (according to Nvidia, the participant cafes must have 9xx or 10xx GTX-series cards and 50 or more GTX 1060s or higher; enough for C:S). However, it still not fixing the problem #1: lack of C:S. I just have around $16, which isn't enough to buy even the vanilla. I will not talking about gray/black ways to getting it (because it against the site rules). Can you help me to getting started? Or, should I learn another skills instead, like 3D modelling or programming?
      Thanks.
    • By ehm1883
      Hi guys!

I recently bought a new gaming laptop and installed Cities Skylines on it with all of the major expansions/DLCs. I got two problems that I'm not sure what to do about:

1) The 81 tile mod by BloodyPenguin does not automatically unlock all of the tiles. It will let me buy each tile until I can fill the map, but not all unlocked and free at the beginning as the mod is supposed to (I've tried pressing Shift+U, doesn't work).

2) When loading any map the loading screen might freeze at 50%. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

To get past both of these problems, I have tried removing all mods and playing just the base game. This is a new laptop so I'm only loading blank maps. None of this has helped solve these two problems. Cities Skylines is also the only game I have installed - in case I have to reset the laptop to factory settings to fix this, that's ok.

My specs:
      Processor - i7-7700HQ
      Graphics - GTX 1060
      Memory - 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, DDR4
    • By andreharv
      Needed a clickbaity title .  Anyway, would you like me to incorporate all the roads from the now abandoned 'New Roads For Network Extensions 2' mod into Network Extensions 2? Or would you rather me put them in a new mod called 'Network Extensions Plus'?
      On the one hand...
      A separate mod will allow me to have a higher level of flexibility in taking requests for road variations. NExt+ will focus on adding public transport/bike capabilities to existing roads in NExt2, similar to what it is currently doing now.  I would focus on new road types in NExt2 while adding the flurry of 'can I have a bike lane in...' requests for NExt+ (if you get what I mean).
      On the other hand...
      Keeping the roads together will allow me to keep all your favorite roads in one place.  There are also a couple of the roads that accidentally found their way into the original mod and thus I would not have to worry about figuring out how to corral those people into a separate mod.
    • By Mr_Maison
      Hello everyone. This will be my custom content showcase and workshop thread. In all the years I been a member here, I never uploaded any content but enjoying great work by other members. I take this opportunity to say Thank You to all content makers for making our city building experience so enjoyable. I feel that making content is overdue for me and I want to give back to the community. I have some buildings and trees that I will be showing in upcoming updates to this thread. I will also be asking for advice and help.
      6/20/2018 Release: Travelers Palm Link https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1416852452&searchtext=

More info on last pages of this thread.

Note: This post was edited 5/29/2015 to reserve this first post for all current updates.

• By Andrew S
      First upload, please let me know what you all think and what needs improvement.  I plan on making some more halloween themed parks.  Just put the .SC4Lot file in your Plugins folder.  1 Dependency Needed, link in comments section.  Only tested on SC4 Deluxe.  No lighting at night due to inexperience.  Will continue to make edits and updates to this file as time goes on.  Lot size is 3x6.  Thank you!
      *file needs a few updates, will try to do it by the end of the week*