2 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hi guys,

There's just so much I like about this game, that instead of the annoying bits making me go over to Cities: Skylines, I wanted to see if I can enhance the game and mod the annoying bits away. I have actually bought Cities: Skylines but it just seems to lack personality in comparison. If I can't shape SimCity 2013 to my desires then Cities: Skylines is always there as a back-up I guess.

I'm currently fumbling my way through, my main aim is to change the roads to UK roads. I appreciate there is a EU road pack out there, but it's just not the same! Here are some ideas, I was wondering if any experienced modders out there could point me in the right direction on these, perhaps let me know if some of them just simply aren't possible? That'd save me a bit of time!

1. Change road textures/painted lines to realistic UK streets (will see how far I get with https://gamebanana.com/tuts/11515).

2. Change road intersections/painted lines to realistic UK intersections, perhaps remove some crossings - we don't have crossings at every intersection on every road, this is generally for the busier areas/roads. Maybe I'll remove all the crossings from all the roads and add plop-able crossings. Note that right now I'm a total noob at this!

3. Might add a new dirt road or increase the width of the existing one, perhaps also increase depth of the lot on the dirt road - dirt roads in real life can have large houses and farms on them so why not in the game?

4. The holy grail for me would be to make traffic drive on the left.

5. Add a plop-able guard house for luxury estates - perhaps it's possible to modify a police patrol car lot into a guard house that only patrols a designated luxury estate, arresting criminals within that estate and dropping them off at the police station - but this might be too ambitious.

6. Add or change a park to a farm or field with stable and horses.

Do you think any of these are impossible?

thanks guys

Hey there, I cannot help you but, just wanted to say I wish there were lots of modders for this game, I love it and I played cities skylines but maxis did something to this game thats so much more 'fun'. I Think there was another group that want to start modding this game again but I dont know if they are active but not talking on this website because they gave invites to discord or something. Anyways hope you mod it :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Xephren
      New Zealand is a country in the southwestern Pacific Ocean consisting of 2 main islands, both marked by volcanoes and glaciation. Capital Wellington, on the North Island, is home to Te Papa Tongarewa, the expansive national museum. Wellington’s dramatic Mt. Victoria, along with the South Island’s Fiordland and Southern Lakes, stood in for mythical Middle Earth in Peter Jackson’s "Lord of the Rings" films.
    • By kotcity
      KotCity 0.49.3 (Lucky Friday 13 Edition)

Windows/Mac/Linux builds now available at https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity/releases/tag/0.49.3

Source code available at https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity
      Problems? Ideas? Chat with the devs at: https://gitter.im/kotcity/Lobby
      Current status: source available, game is pre-alpha but already "does something".
      Why?
      After many years of not seeing any new city builders descend that are satisfactory, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Why? SimCity 2013 was REALLY disappointing. Cities Skylines is fun... but it doesn't seem to scratch that itch that SimCity 4 does. Even though there are still patches and new content coming out for SimCity 4, it's definitely on life support. I looked around at a few of the city simulators available but it doesn't seem like anyone is really working on a modern version of SimCity. The few recent city simulators I've seen break down like this:
      Cities Skylines: Probably the king, but doesn't seem to be a city simulator. I have lots of fun with roads and so forth but something is missing. SimCity (2013): YECH! They really goofed this up... between emphasis on online multiplayer and agent based everything it seemed to really stink. Citybound: Looks interesting but a couple of years on and there's not much to show... Banished: Pretty interesting, but I don't like the setting and development seems to be pretty much done. OpenSC2k: Good start but not much more than a map viewer right now. (also relies on "borrowed" assets from the original game) To a certain extent, I think that the departure of statistics-based simulator and the shift to agent-based simulations has fundamentally changed modern city simulators.
      Conclusion: Make my own!
      So... after doing a bunch of research on SimCity, SimCity 2000, SimCity 4, urban dynamics, Will Wright, pathfinding, etc. etc. etc. I have the beginnings of a new city simulator!
      My rough plan is to hit somewhere between SimCity (1989) and SimCity 2000. I want huge maps, accurate traffic simulator, cross platform play, and a moddable game. Eventually, if the game works and people like it, it'd be great to further develop it and become a viable alternative to SimCity 4.
      The game is written in Kotlin and is fully supported on Windows, MacOS and Linux. It's open source and will be free for the community.
      Roadmap
      See https://github.com/kotcity/kotcity/wiki/Roadmap
      Would love to hear thoughts, comments, complaints... want to chip in? Join the project on GitHub! Don't want to do anything? Hang around and we will eventually release!

• By Xephren
      Bougainville Island is the main island of the Autonomous Region of Bougainville of Papua New Guinea. This region is also known as Bougainville Province or the North Solomons. Its land area is 9,300 km² and has a population around 243,000
      There was a multi-layered armed conflict fought from 1988 to 1998 between Papua New Guinea and the secessionist forces of the Bougainville Revolutionary Army (BRA), because the locals of the island didn't approve of mining operations operated by Rio Tinto from Australia
      Here's a video i made for this map:

• By Xephren
      Papua New Guinea, in the southwestern Pacific, encompasses the eastern half of New Guinea and its offshore islands. A country of immense cultural and biological diversity, it’s known for its beaches and coral reefs. Inland are active volcanoes, granite Mt. Wilhelm, dense rainforest and hiking routes like the Kokoda Trail. There are also traditional tribal villages, many with their own languages.
      This is part of a 2 piece series of either halves of New Guinea
      This map is at a scale of 1:10, and its still pretty big, infact, this is the biggest map i've made, and probably will make
      Disclaimer: The eastern part of New Britain cant be seen (on my PC atleast) so no Rabaul However i will make up to this with a possible map of the Bismarck Archipelago
    • By Xephren
      Western New Guinea, also known as Papua and West Papua, is the part of the island of New Guinea annexed by Indonesia in 1962. It is also a former dutch colony.
      This is part of a 2 piece series of either halves of New Guinea
      This map is at a scale of 1:10, and its still pretty big