3 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello, I am wishing to reduce the size of this model https://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30946-oneamerica-tower-indianapolis/from 6x6 to 4x4. 

I go to model tweaker, open the model file for this building, enter 0.75 in the scale factor, and then hit save. Despite this, nothing changes in the size of the model. Am I missing a step? I read the tutorial and don't think I have missed anything. I have also used this tool successfully before, although not for a few years so perhaps my memory is foggy?

When you open the model, it will list all the S3D files inside it, there should be 20 for a normal BAT. You have to select all 20 S3Ds before re-scaling it, I wonder if you only re-scaled one of them, since the tool would not likely let you perform this operation with none selected.

So step one, restore the original model file from a backup before following the advice above.

Each of the S3D files, represents a zoom and rotation of the model. N/S/E/W for zooms 1-5. If you have only re-scaled one of these, checking every zoom/rotation would alert you to the problem.

• Original Poster
  • I figured out the issue, I had a second version of this BAT lurking in my plugins. Once I removed it the re-scaling worked fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bad Peanut
        Hey guys! so with the hint of a road modding tool in the next DLC arriving, and presuming it's something like Network Extensions let's discuss what roads would be cool to add!

I've looked at the source code of Network Extensions and I've looked at their textures etc so I want to make a start at creating textures for roads. for that i need suggestions! 
        Rules: 
        Use https://streetmix.net/new to visualise your road. I won't even consider ones that are just some random description For roads you want to zone on: use either 16m wide roads or 32m wide roads as those are the two widths that work with zoning. For highways you can use any width lanes for cars, trams, buses etc should be 3m in width. parking should be 2m wide sidewalks should be at least 2m wide (maybe 1.5m at the smallest) and this is for either side of the road, so at least 4m of sidewalk altogether! try and keep in mind that it's not about creating new types of prefabs like MOM, it's for reskinning like we do with Network Skins! Here's some examples of Vanilla Roads visualised in StreetMix
        a 16m Wide Basic Road:

And a 32m Wide Medium Road

You can click on the above links to be taken to a template in streetmix.
        Give me inspiration!
      • By Martines91
        Hi everyone,
        This is going to be a longer text so please bear with me,
        I'm searching for some modders and/or asset makers that would help me build my replica city.
        I'm considering a total channel reboot with the whole series, including the whole map from scratch (more info below)
        I am willing to pay for the assets/mods, but the price per asset/mod would depend on its difficulty, but on that we would personally discuss and agree on some terms.
        So if anyone is interested joining me, here is what I am looking for:
        Buildings:
            - Big buildings (shopping centres, castles, residential buildings, offices etc.)
            - City landmarks
            - Radio towers, etc.
        Props:
            - Road props: delinators, signs, overhead signs, guardrails with delineators, road barriers, etc.
            - Fences
            - Decals, etc.
        Roads:
            - A whole road pack, I would draw/show on google earth what types I will need
        Power Lines:
            - There are not a lot of them what I need, but mostly they have custom colors which are not on the workshop

To give you an idea what I currently have:
        Youtube: youtube.com/c/JplaysYT
        Imgur collection: imgur.com/a/QWaP2

Thanks
      • By Framit
        Could some one make a mod that can horizontally or vertically flip any asset (props, buildings, parks...)
        For example flip a right parking park into a left one. That would sabe many assets.
      • By Framit
        Hello. I trying to build sunken Walls. I have drawn a model in Sketchup and it looks well in the asset editor, but i can't sink it into floor. I have try many solutiions, the NO BASE script, sunken templates, I have even made a script to change mesh bounds value. Nothing at all.  I have read a lot of post in differents fórums. Nothing at all. I'm missing something and I don't know what it is. Helpplease (excuse my english).

• By BloodyPenguin
        http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1328542923