49 minutes ago, catty-cb said:

its listed as being the SimCity 3000 Science Center

Hehe - I remember that one.

17 minutes ago, korver said:

Gold Tower

5 minutes ago, korver said:

Kong Tower

I got really good at growing tons of these on my SC3000 CBDs *:D

Edit: Back on topic, I completely agree with @korver 's picks.   I'd like to see either (or both) of those in SC4  :D

• Original Poster
  • Great choices already! 

Where are you guys getting these single renders from? Please share any sources :) I will add them to the first post 

@andisart Unfortunately I couldn't find any higher res pics online, so I had to dig out my disc and get them straight from the source :P

I had to go into the game, find a city with the building I needed, and I cropped it out.

I don't have the game right now, so I'll try to find the best images on the web. Simcity 3000 has tons of awesome buildings and we definitely need more of them into Simcity 4. But only 3 suggestions?:( Oh well...

Here is my first, the Fusion Power Plant. I never liked the hydrogen power plant on Simcity 4.

latest?cb=20130209035813

6 hours ago, andisart said:

....Where are you guys getting these single renders from? Please share any sources :) I will add them to the first post 

In my case google, so doing a search in google for @Terring suggestion of the Fusion Power Plant brings up this picture

37-4042.jpg

• Original Poster
  • 9 hours ago, korver said:

@andisart Unfortunately I couldn't find any higher res pics online, so I had to dig out my disc and get them straight from the source :P

Ok and how did you get the images? Did you use a tool to view them from the game file?

@9gruntsand1hammer can you seperate your suggestions into individual posts please? So people can vote on the suggestions one by one. thx :)

The Wilkinson Tower is usually one of the very first skyscrapers appearing after laying large density commercial zones, mostly on land with medium land value. May I propose bringing the Wilkinson Tower into Simcity 4 as a low wealth commercial-services building? Poor Sims lives in huge apartment buildings and works in huge factories. So, how about making them shopping in huge skyscrapers as well? *:D

Aeh, @Photovoltaic Array, I think both of those buildings were already nominated by Korver and KOSC, so there is no need to repeat them, only to upvote the current entries.

That would free you two nomination slots, and I remember you requested an SC4 BAT of the SC3000 big fountain. Maybe you would want to get the opportunity and nominate it here?

@matias93  I misread slightly and botched the nominating process. D'oh! (Hid posts and added likes to the other entries to be safe! <3) 

That said, what you proposed was a good idea, so I'll nominate some of those lots instead: my first nomination shall be the Community Garden... which despite the name, is not a garden but is actually a fountain amongst a brick walk. Still, it looks pretty cool and I always thought they added a small splash of color whenever they showed up in SC3000 cities. I think they would look good in SC4 as well.

(Despite what the land value says, it usually grows in high wealth/what would be R$$$ areas in SimCity 4 terms, if it matters any.)

communitygarden.png

Can I make suggestion three something that I would really have loved to have seen in SC3000 as it was in SC2000 but for some reason was never added and that's the Arcologies which were futuristic self-contained cities where a huge population is all contained in one building ... obviously you couldn't have that many people in a single building as it would really cause issues in SC4 but it would still be nice to have them back

• Plymouth Arco: available at around the year 2000. Holds 55,000 residents. Price $100,000. The only arcology to emit mild pollution into atmosphere.
    • Forest Arco: available at around the year 2050. Holds 30,000 residents. Price $120,000.
    • Darco: available at around the year 2100. Holds 45,000 residents. Price $150,000.
    • Launch Arco: available at around the year 2150. Holds 65,000 residents. Price $200,000.

arcology.jpg

Launch_Arcology.gif

Edited by catty-cb  

added another picture

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By adsii1970
        A brief introduction to the problem: 
        After spending nearly three hours trying to play the game today (this included installing mods I downloaded before I "broke" the STEX), I loaded the game to discover it was not displaying correctly. Instead of the image being centered on my nice wide monitor screen, it was scrunched and badly misaligned into the lower left corner and much of the left edge of the UI (user interface) was cut off. Immediately I went through various diagnostics in an attempt to determine if the problem was caused by my hardware configuration, a software conflict, or a bit of both. Here's the steps I did...
        I took a screen shot - this is the first best diagnostic tool you can do to help isolate the cause of a visual issue. For those of you not familiar with this method, let me explain why this works well: If it is a software conflict, your screen shot will be exactly the same as what is on the monitor. In most normal cases, this includes any distortion, discoloration, and other graphics issues. Without getting too nerdy, there are multiple ways to get screen capture utilities which is essentially what a screen shot is. Personally, I use Microsoft's OneDrive screen capture utility and the internal one within Steam, but Maxis included one within SimCity 4. There are other programs that do the same function as well... All each of these programs do is at the moment activated, they will capture an image being rendered by your computer's graphics card and save it as an image file. This is a very important diagnostic tool and can assist you in determining what you need to do to get the game working the way it should. In the case of legacy games (games that are over 10 years old or are no longer supported by their original publisher), there are instances where software conflicts will have all the characteristics of a hardware conflict - and the Electronic Arts/SimCity franchise is one such publisher. When I was really into gaming within the SimCity franchise (beginning with SimCity 2k, SimCity 3000, and later, SimCity 4), I spent a lot of time helping others make their systems work with the games. I learned from EA Tech Support in 2004 (The Sims), that all Maxis titles have a set of video/graphics dlls that are not changeable and can often mimic hardware errors and should be treated as such. Having two ex-wives and a few nights sleep since then, all I remember is it has something to do with the rendering aspects of the graphics software within these games. If it is a hardware conflict, your screenshot will appear totally different than what is on the monitor. And of the two, this is actually the easiest to begin the diagnosis process. In what I was experiencing, what I was seeing and what was on the screenshot were NOT the same. While the monitor was displaying the main screen of SimCity 4, it was offset to the left by 1/3 and down by the same proportion. But here's what the screen capture indicated:
        The image resolution, as you can see, is close to being a near square and is the default Maxis setting for SimCity 4. While the game was made for the top-of-the-line monitors of its day, there has been tremendous development in monitors since those early days at the turn of the century. As seen in the linked screen shot, the default screen settings are 1024 x 768. This was the reason why the display had a scrunched appearance (first problem identified ).
        One of the problems I was having is the ACER monitor (second problem identified ). ACER monitors have a nasty habit if having to be reset (turn off, count to ten, turn back on) because of what I call screen drift - the display seeming to fall off the edge of the monotor's field of vision. So I have had a lot of experience with this in other applications besides games. This is one of the reasons I decided to handle the issue as a hardware conflict rather than a software conflict. Here are the steps to solve this issue if you are using an ACER monitor:
        Update the ACER monitor driver through the Windows 10 Device Manager panel. Chances are Windows 10 will tell you your driver is up-to-date. Update your graphics card driver (this is a good practice to do anyway). Within your graphics card configuration settings, there should be a tool that allows you to set options by program. Open this tool/window. Intel's 630 graphics series drivers allows for the user to change some settings. Most graphics cards do. And most offer the option to override the application's default settings. Select this option and any option that allows for hardware (graphics card) based centering. This will force the Acer monitor to accept the centered output of the graphics card, regardless of what parameters it is receiving from the Maxis software.  Check to see that your Steam is updated (normally Steam does a good job of keeping itself updated). Once Steam is updated, go into the PROPERTIES of SimCity 4 and add the following line to the startup options: -CustomResolution:enabled -r1600x900x32 (1600 is the width, 900 is the height, and 32 is the color setting). Close the startup options dialog box, then close the properties box.  Here's a screenshot of what you should have:
        That command in the startup options will force SimCity4 (or whatever Maxis game you are running) to force these display parameters on the game. Both this launch option and the change in graphics hardware settings to override application settings will work together to resolve the video issue with ACER monitors.
        Here's a sample of the improvement I was able to achieve (once I quit complaining about having to do everything the hard way):

Please notice none of the default resolutions are selected (since this has been done through the advanced start-up options in Steam). The software rendering normally would be the rendering files included within the game - but in the Intel graphics driver software, the option to override the application settings will allow the graphics hardware and drivers to do the work of the Maxis dlls (or at least that's the way I remember it). I know for the "old hats" of this forum, this may not be new information... but if you're new at this game and are struggling with this issue, hopefully this will help.

• By chfzdn
        Hello,
        Lunar New Year sale on GoG (I forgot to notify you) is nice, but I have a problem. My parents have credit cards but they probably don't allow me to buy SimCity 4 (or even the series) even the price is cheap. I want original SimCity 4 and (if possible) the series. I've some money on my school bank (no, not ordinary bank account). Can you help me solve this problem? Can you give me and other people SimCity 4 or even the series?
        Thanks.
      • By chfzdn
        Hello,
        I've questions regarding Mayor Rating:
        Why Maxis named Mayor Rating as such? Why not Happiness (although it's available in the translation) index? Why Maxis didn't implemented detailed Mayor Rating system in SimCity 4 like SimCity (2013) and Bhutan's GNH (yes, Bhutanese gov uses GNH to measure it's populations instead of just focusing on GDP) and implemented it as Citizen Opinion Poll? I think SC4's MR isn't implemented realistically. Thank you.
      • By Haljackey
        I'm very surprised a thread like this hasn't been made yet. I know SC4D has had one for the longest time... but nothing here at ST.

Anyways the guidelines are very simple. Post pics of stuff you're working on. Other memebers can provide pointers and whatnot if you're asking for help/opinions. Otherwise you're just posting content that is in the works/not quite finished.

For example, this is what I was working on today. Click images for full size.

Still a lot of tinkering to do... Maybe I'll insert some rail curves as well.

Anyways you get the premise. Now show us what you're working on!
      • By deltaforce168
        would love to see a exact replica of the New York region map
        on SimCity 4