• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By boundegar
      So I've been putting some thought into this, and thought it might be worth sharing. How should I organize my region so it (sort of) resembles reality?
      I grew up near Washington, DC, which happens to be a square (with a bite taken out) almost exactly ten miles on a side. A standard SimCity region - the ones that auto-generate - are 15-16 km on a side, or ten miles. Perfect match.
      But as I started nooding around, I discovered the entire city is served by one power plant, and one sewage treatment plant. There is no way at all to model that in SimCity 4, so yeah, it's a game. No need to get hung up on precision.
      I recently started working on modeling a rural county, and ran into an obstacle there, too. The average US county is about 1000 km2, or almost 200 large tiles, and almost all of that land is either rural or completely empty. Did I really want to build tile after tile of forest, with the occasional highway? The population density of the entire US is 86 per km2, which means it's almost all empty. I experimented with scaling the area 10:1, because a county of 100 km2 seems like a nice building project; but then the population density gets multiplied x10, and the simulation ends up far from reality.
      So I've decided even the county is the wrong unit of measure. A standard region would represent a small city, like DC or smaller. New York City covers 784 km2 - who wants to build seven hundred small tiles? Does anybody here also have a job?
      The small city I live in today covers about 200 km2 and fills about 1/5 of the county. That seems like a big project, but feasible. It's not all skyscrapers - mostly suburban, with a nice busy downtown and some rural bits in the corners. It seems to me this is the kind of city SimCity 4 is designed to model, with a mix of small urban tiles and big rural outskirts.
      The most fun part of this project has been choosing different towns and looking them up on Google Maps. You can switch to satellite view and go flying over the landscape, learning all sorts of interesting things!
    • By dmscopio
      This is it. The Dmscopio Stadium AKA "The Glass Bagle". The lot size is 16x18 and it provides CS$$800 jobs. To install, simply extract to your Plugins folder.

Dmscopio Stadium
      Lot: 16x18
      Dependencies: NONE
      Jobs: CS$$ 800
    • By Bluewoods
      I recently demolished the cemetery and houses of worship in my city so I could build them elsewhere, but it's been years since then and those buildings are not available in my Rewards & Business deals menu nor have I been prompted to build them again. Is demolishing rewards in SimCity 4 just permanent or something? Is there was known way to re-trigger the prompt to build them?
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      I'm on Manjaro 17.1.10 Xfce with Wine 3.7. I have installed the driver for my HD Graphics 3000. The game runs sluggish, even after I put d3dim700.dll to my Wine system32. I suspected this related to CPU and RAM but after closing Firefox (yes, I run the game with Firefox open), the game again runs sluggish. After I replaced the ordinary Wine 3.7 to Wine 3.7 with Gallium Nine patch, the game runs smooth. Why this could happen? As I know, the ordinary Wine translates DX calls into OpenGL, while the patched one runs DirectX calls directly.
      Thanks.
      @rsc204, @Cyclone Boom, @Handyman
    • By SSDT
      Hello, 
      I am a newbie in SimCity 4. Having read through the manual, I decided to install NAM. Now as a basic city, I made an highway (the upper road) exit to a street. In addition there was an avenue which was connected to the highway. However, none of them work when the houses were assigned to tiles as you can see from the screen shot. Does anyone know how to connect regular roads to RHW in NAM? I can make exits with the ground and elevated highway that was in the default SimCity 4 but not with the NAM.

Thanks