• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By tariely
      Too much SC4 custom content gets lost on the web as websites come and go. Most Kazuki's content seems lost, except lots that have been salvaged on the STEX : Kazuki RedBrickPlaza Lots 1.0, Kazuki Road Divider Park Lots 1.0 and, relotted by nos17, his street stalls . Here is the original.
      Disclaimer : those are kazuki's only, I am only  saving them for the community.
      --------------
      NB : I have slightly amended Kazuki's own readmes to delete the unreadable parts in Japanese.
      Dependencies :
      BSC MEGA Props - Gascooker Vol01
      http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=397
      Screenshots of SC4 by kazuki
      site web (alas, images only) : http://klex.blog85.fc2.com
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK MEGA Parking Textures
      Introduction

Take parking lots to the next level! SuperSHK MEGA Textures is the backbone of my Superparking Project, and combines the original Volume 1 alongside the newly complete Volume 2 set. This MEGA set combines both for the ultimate parking lot texture resource for SC4.
      Overview
      This combined set contains at total of 1281 overlay textures (352 from Vol 1).

Volume 2 contains a mind-boggling 929 new overlay textures. This set focus on expanding the core aspects of Volume 1 while adding some rather ridiculous new options. As with before, many of the new textures influences were found primarily from around North America's tech centers including Overland Park, Denver Tech Corridor, Silicon Valley, and Irvine. Additionally, some other inspiration came from various locations around the UK, including Portsmouth - these were largely responsible for my designing of a bunch of UK-style road markings.
      As it is now officially part of this combined set, SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1 is now obsolete! This set retains every single texture from volume 1 and provides some overall enhancements to a large amount of them, including the following:
      Smoother curves Alignment fixes Smoothing and resizing of existing road markings to maintain consistency Furthermore, the "Extra" textures included with both modular sets are also no longer necessary. To aid you in cleaning any leftover old stuff, there is a Cleanitol file included. You may also refer to it for manual deletion as well.
      Details
      These textures are broken into 8 DATs. The included resource guide offers more detailed explanations.
      DAT 1 - Ortho: Combines a ton of new pieces with the original Ortho set. Deals mostly with orthogonal parking and associated transitions.
      DAT 2 - Islands, Paths & Curbs: Combines the original set of Islands & Curbs with Paths (excluding markings). Adds many brand new curb pieces and transitions from various different parking types.
      DAT 3 - Diagonals: Combines the original set of Diagonal with new ones. Adds islands, offset diagonals and more orthogonal transitions.
      DAT 4 - Markings: Contains road marking goodness! Highlights include more block-end stop markings, pathing, and an entire section of UK-specific ones. Also comes with a way to transform standard parking spaces into "boxed" ones.
      DAT 5  - D-Types: Contains significant support of the original SHK diagonal-oriented spaces. Includes a full complement of transitions, curbs and some bonus special pieces including handicapped spots and an alternate style.
      DAT 6 - Combo Pieces: Adds an enhanced set of standard parking and curb textures with sidewalks and grass.
      DAT 7 - Miscellaneous: Includes some additional pieces that didn't quite belong elsewhere like parking-to-path transitions and S-curves.
      DAT 8 - Alternate Style: Adds an alternate orthogonal parking style in two colors.
      For Lotters
      Included is a resource guide containing a general breakdown of the set as well as a sample lot (found in the parks menu) and layout examples. There are also PIM-X groups included, for better organization and some time saving while digging through this massive set!
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X. 

Lotters, copy the contents of PIMXGroups.txt into your groups.ini file located in the PIM-X install directory.
      Dependencies
      None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is very, very highly recommended to take full advantage.
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! Additional thanks goes out to rsc204 & rivit for granting me tools to refine this development process, nos.17, Belfastsocrates, MushyMushy, T Wrecks for various texture tweaks and suggestions, and everyone that left a like/commented on any of my parking posts!
      Enjoy!
    • By kingofsimcity
      KOSC presents: SuperSHK Parking Textures Vol. 1
      Introduction
      THIS PACKAGE IS NOW OBSOLETE. GO HERE:

After weeks of experimentation, I am proud to bring you my first texture set as part of my Superparking project. Originally conceived as a simple modular parking set, it evolved into an extension of the base SHK Parking Pack, and quickly turned into its own beast. Now this agglomeration of random parking lot ideas is finally a reality.
      Overview

This set contains 352 new overlay textures for building and customizing your parking lots to your heart’s content. Many of these ideas were from parking lot layouts utilized by many business parks around North America, such as Denver's Tech Center and Silicon Valley. Note that this set avoids the full-parking-block-on-one-tile option – I’m referring to the single tile textures with back-to-back parking spaces, which has long been a part of SC4 (it shipped with the game!). Unfortunately, most of these are completely unrealistic, since vehicles have either one car length or less to back out on, not to mention the one-car width paths. Ultimately this set is geared for lotting more realistic style of parking, which are largely influenced by our resident nos.17.
      These textures are broken into 4 components, each with separate DATs. The contents are as follows:
      Pack 1: SHK+ Plus Orthogonals
      An extension of the original parking textures (quite literally). Spaces are approximately 20% longer so that the car props now stay within the spaces rather than jut out past – credit goes to MushyMushy for this one. Unfortunately with this change, these overlays aren’t quite compatible with the original SHK end island props, but that’s actually remedied somewhat here as well. This pack also introduces brand new transition pieces which are offered in all 3 standard wealth options with both pavement as well as grass choices.
      Pack 2: Islands, Curbs & Paths
      A set of parking “islands” and curb pieces meant for general pathing. Curb pieces contain all 3 standard wealth grass and pavement options. Also introduces diagonal parking block “bisectors”, which is just a diagonal path that cuts through an orthogonal parking block.
      Pack 3: Junctions and Road Markings
      Contains basic junctions and road markings. Markings include solid median lines in yellow and white, as well as stop signs and zebra crossings. LHD is supported.
      Pack 4: Diagonals
      Contains a basic set of diagonal parking textures and necessary pieces to make fully standalone diagonal parking lots. Includes orthogonal transitions, end islands, and some pathing related pieces. This is the main highlight of this set, as diagonal parking has been a rather neglected component of SC4. Well, not anymore I say!
      Bonus: Lotting Examples
      There’s a small folder included called “Lotting Examples” that contains a few images of layout combinations that are now possible with this set. Hopefully lotters will find this useful .
      This set contains no actual lots -- those will come at a later time!
      Install Instructions
      Drop the files in your My Documents/SimCity 4/Plugins folder. These should show up under the overlay texture section in the lot editor and PIM-X.
      Dependencies
      None. This set will serve as a future dependency for my lots. While it is technically a standalone texture pack, SHK Parking Pack is a requirement to take full advantage.
      Credit to shokthrpy for the original set, which served as the template for me. It wouldn’t have been possible to create this without it! 
    • By ACMDogfight1997
      Hello!
      This is my first post on this website and I'm making this because I have a problem. A few days ago, I've been getting back into SimCity 4 as I feel less and less interested in Cities: Skylines at the moment. My goal, as it is in any city-building game, is to start off with a small town and develop it into a sprawling city. In SimCity 2000 and Cities: Skylines, this is no problem as long as I know the basics and some tips and tricks for improvement but as for SimCity 4, it's a bit more complicated than that. Considering this is the most feature packed title of the whole SimCity franchise from what I know, I would assume this game is not as easy as Cities: Skylines in terms of trying to build a small town with whatever money you have and later develop into a large city. That's fine, but with complicated things are and not as easy to find out, I can never create a city in SC4 that would even come close to what I made in SC2000 or CS.
      At the moment, my biggest issue is that my low-density residential zones have trouble getting to develop despite my low-wealth residential demand at almost 100% at all times. Now I don't know if this is because I haven't developed any neighboring cities for outside connections or there's too much services or there's not enough jobs for everyone or there's not enough parks or a combination of any of these factors but it takes zones a long time to develop. We're talking months of in-game time wasted before anything happens and sometimes it's just one or a few houses that develop and I have to wait more for the rest of the area to develop and even then there maybe a few little areas that still haven't developed.

If you want to see what I created, I have uploaded the folder of the region (which is the vanilla New York region) here (the city is America City in case you didn't know): https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hdbPZuxsOnhO921VK732X4S5wg5lIWkD
      No mods were used while making this city and I would like to keep it that way just so I don't have to deal with the hassle of installing, uninstalling, and reinstalling mods for whatever reason. I would like to keep it vanilla as possible but if for whatever reason, I would need to install a mod if I absolutely cannot proceed without them, I will if needed. Thank you and have a nice day!
    • By johnvosh
      Well, I finally decided to start getting back into SimCity 4 after years of not playing it. Took and installed it on an old System I've had for quite a while. Specs are;
      Athlon XP 2500+ Barton, 1.5gb dual channel DDR400 ram, Gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 motherboard, 20gb Maxtor hard drive, Windows XP SP3, Radeon 9600pro advantage 256mb, Sound blaster audigy, 1280x1024 resolution on a 17" Dell LCD monitor.
      installed SimCity 4 and the Rush Hour expansion plus the latest patch and the latest network mod. Going to start with the tutorials and then then see if I can get my old save games to load.
      Going to be upgrading to an Athlon 64 X2 4400+ in the next month or so and staying with Windows XP. Then need to get the fastest AGP video card I can find at a decent price.