• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear Editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By lmca9000
      Hello guys i need your help, recently i created a 3D model of asoccer stadium for SimCity 4, everything is fine until exporting it fron the BAT, and it says "exported failed code 6" i need help to solve it, or a veteran who can pass the sketchup file to render it for me, my computer is low income, thank you and sorry for my bad english. 

• By hrobi2
      So i have decided to come back to this game since 2010?11?ish a long time ago. I have the game on stream already so i can play on win10. I remember the basic beginning but i dont know what i need to do to get to skyscrapers. And im also interested in mods and buildings. And is there a reliable way to do multiplayer yet and if not it there a stable way or something? I do know that NAM existes and i will play with it (also can i have that in multiplayer too if my previous question is possible). Is there anything i should have or need to know. thanks 
    • By tariely
      Yes, I know, this should be in the Mac section, but no, it shouldn't be only in the Mac section. Because a fellow player and I seem to have stumbled upon a rather sneaky difference which affect the game on both platforms.
      We had a discussion way back then about merged.dat. which I used as a dependency for my lots and relots -- it just showed up in DataNode, so I listed it. Then I was advised not to use it and it was apparently right, because not using it didn't cause problems for me, whereas it caused some before.  At the time I had been playing on a Windowsed partition on my Mac. But before that, for many years, I had been playing on a Mac. Which is why I had merged.dat in the first place, because it helped solve problems with some lots while on a Mac.
      And now, a fellow player, playing on a Mac, has problems (CTDs) when using some of my earlier lots without merged.dat.
      Ergo, I though, maybe Mac players must have merged.dat for my lots/relots to be functional for them, Windows players need not to have it.
      I just want to be absolutely sure before re-uploading the lot swith merged.dat and issuing a warning Mac/Windows, so could someone playing on a mac please download my Obelisk Place  and LLB modular version of it as well and plop it (merged.dat is not included anymore, I had taken it out of the deps after the discussion I am refering to above) and see how it goes ? And ditto with merged.dat ?
      I am also posting this on the Mac forum...
    • By tariely
      NB : This is not only  in the Mac section, I also posted it elsewhere because a fellow player and I seem to have stumbled upon a rather sneaky difference which affect the game on both platforms.
      We had a discussion on the forum, way back then, about merged.dat. which I used as a dependency for my lots and relots -- it just showed up in DataNode, so I listed it. Then I was advised not to use it and it was apparently right, because not using it didn't cause problems for me, whereas it caused some when using it.  At the time I had been playing on a Windowsed partition on my Mac. But before that, for many years, I had been playing on a Mac. Which is why I had merged.dat in the first place, because it helped solve problems with some lots while on a Mac.
      And now, a fellow player, playing on a Mac, has problems (CTDs) when using some of my earlier lots without merged.dat.
      Ergo, I thought, maybe Mac players must have merged.dat for my lots/relots to be functional for them, Windows players need not to have it.
      I just want to be absolutely sure before re-uploading the lot swith merged.dat and issuing a warning Mac/Windows, so could someone playing on a mac please download my Obelisk Place  and LLB modular version of it as well and plop it (merged.dat is not included anymore, I had taken it out of the deps after the discussion I am refering to above) and see how it goes ? Then try it with merged.dat. and ditto ?
      To keep the discussion all in one place, please reply here.