RaeFromStateFarm

Police vehicle asset, light glitch? [Help]

6 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

An asset i'm working on is having a weird light glitch that i first thought was because of the specular mask or something.

I know it's most likely the police lights causing it, it only happens when the police lights are on and it seems the rotation of the lights light up certain parts of the car too.

j7y2wPf.jpg

5VipyzG.jpg

I'm guessing maybe the police lights are positioned awkwardly or in the center? 

But i don't know where to begin in asset editor because when you position the police lights, you can't see the police lights while you're doing it like you can with headlights.

Looks like the neutral color on your illumination map isn't the right one. On vehicles it's 50% black (or 128, 128, 128) and when it isn't right half the vehicle flashes like that (for normal ones when they turn).

@Avanya is talking about cars texture settings in general. But for police (and other emergency) vehicles it is another thing that makes this happen. It is _c color texture. For emergency vehicles full white (255,255,255) in color texture are lightbar blinking parts, and full black (0,0,0) is used for the rest of the car (parts that shouldn't be blinking). Thus emergency vehicles don't have color variations.

• Original Poster
  • 6 hours ago, pauliaxz said:

@Avanya is talking about cars texture settings in general. But for police (and other emergency) vehicles it is another thing that makes this happen. It is _c color texture. For emergency vehicles full white (255,255,255) in color texture are lightbar blinking parts, and full black (0,0,0) is used for the rest of the car (parts that shouldn't be blinking). Thus emergency vehicles don't have color variations.

i never even made a color texture for this model anyway but maybe the game automatically made one for me because there wasn't one? anyway i'll make a _c texture with the colors you said and see if it'll work.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By cmelton86
        I would like to edit certain files in the game allowing the water pumping station to pump 10x the normal amount of water, the sewage treatment plant to filter 10x the normal amount.  garbage and recycling trucks to carry 10x the normal amount, their respective facilities to process 10x the normal amount.  windfarm, 1 windmill providing more power than a nuclear power plant, 1 police station hospital fire dept each housing more vehicles and capacity.

ive searched for files through simcitypak4 but no success

thanks for any help  

craig

• By airman15
        At the heart of any well-balanced city is an order legislated to guarantee the welfare of all who live inside it's jurisdiction. Law Enforcement is one of the most important branches to a government, ensuring safety to all. Even if it's a traffic ticket now and then or a donut shop being stormed. Your departments need a sturdy car and the Impala is the perfect fit! For when the going gets tough in the streets, these new cruisers are well-equipped to take on anything!
        About the Upload-
        This mod converts the Police Car into a modified Chevrolet Impala. There are 8 different liveries included, based on various police departments from the United States. The liveries included are not specific to any real cities, so they can blend into almost any setting within the game. The shields on each side are custom emblems from GM to promote the Impala as a police unit. Static props included.
        Dependencies?
        None required, but if you would like to see these units in action (besides their regular patrols), it's recommended to download the Lots of Riots mod, which will spawn more frequent uprisings that allow you to actually use the police dispatch tool!
      • By airman15
        You are an elected official. You understand that you must cater to everybody's basic needs in running a city. unfortunately, law enforcement is no exception. In order to have a safe and orderly city, you must invest in a police force. But the cars you're using now were the same ones your grandfather would drive! It's time for an upgrade! Serve and protect your cities; in style!

About the Upload-
        This mod converts both the Police Car and Police Van into a Dodge Charger and Chevrolet Suburban, respectively. There are 10 different cities included, featuring police departments from the United States and elsewhere around the world. To install, simply choose one of the folders (labelled according to your preferred render settings compatibility), and drag the next sub folder with the desired markings to your plugins folder.

Dependencies?
        None required, but if you would like to see these units in action (besides their regular patrols), I would recommend downloading the Lots of Riots mod, which will spawn riots that allow you to actually use the police dispatch tool!
      • By NICK97
        Work With:
        - Cities XXL

Game Info:
        Income: +$200.00
        Price: $0.00
        Cars Per Line: 50 Cars each
      • By Down_men
        Hi all,
        I have made a model in SketchUp ,see image, and I want make the UV map in 3ds Max. Importing the model from SketchUp to 3ds Max goes normal (saved the model as sketchup version 8 and used the import function in 3ds). When i open de uvw unwrap modifer and use the option flatten mapping it appears that the model has a lot of flat polygons, see image.
        Any idea what caused this or is this normal?