11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey guys i recently downloaded 6 Paternoster Square by 1500another but all i got was a txt file with gibberish, so i was wondering how i can get this building?.

As i have seen other people using this building, and in the reviews people have got the building ok i know it is possible lol, the life of me i can't figure that out myself lol.

cheers for any help Xander.

I've downloaded it too just now and I can confirm it's borked. We staff will look into this and in the mean time if anyone has a working copy please let me know. That might be the only way to fix it.

@CorinaMarie, this download was borked from the very beginning.  Even after many comments, and attempts to contact the creator of this lot, it was never fixed (as far as I can tell). 

@Xander Dax, I never trust a review to verify if a particular download actually works, as it seems a great number of people rate a download strictly by the pretty pictures, rather than actually testing it in game.  If you read the comments on this download, you should see that almost all of them mention the download being broken.

@twalsh102

Thanks, Tim.

I posted here first and then started looking. @Cyclone Boom also pointed out the comments and their dates to me so I've put a message on the file which I will now slightly alter to say it's beyond repair or something like that.

I've sent a PM to the author @1500another informing them of the issue present. Indeed, the file's comments do suggest this was an issue from the very outset, and there was possibly an error with the initial upload. Unfortunately there are no previous versions on record.

With the author being most recently online in July, there is hope of them re-uploading the file. For now though, we've done all we could.

Definitely this was an issue from it being uploaded. I myself had sent a polite PM at the time informing of the issue with the hope of getting a working file uploaded, but sadly it was not to be. I get the impression that the author was rather inundated when it didn't work and no one seemingly heard anything from them since. It's a real shame as it seems we had another talented creator coming into view, but such things happen, all we can do is wait and see if the author returns. Frankly though, I think we should probably lock/hide the download, it's clearly pointless leaving it as it is.

When you say you've seen others using it, you should contact them to find out where they got theirs from, because I guarantee they didn't get it off the STEX.

1 minute ago, mattb325 said:

But not to worry, when I realised the author isn't likely to return, the London Stock Exchange aka Paternoster Square is on my rather long to do list (and it will be modded as a stock exchange)

Yippe!!!

Seriously, I was a bit bummed when I realised this would not likely be fixed. So it would be great to see someone else pick up the torch, especially one with your talents Matt :).

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, mattb325 said:

Same here....

But not to worry, when I realised the author isn't likely to return, the London Stock Exchange aka Paternoster Square is on my rather long to do list (and it will be modded as a stock exchange)

thank you guys i had a feeling this thing was stuffed lol.

oooh you plan to do this one matt? so cool........now if i could just convince you to do more buildings from Canary Wharf *:ninja:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Handyman

How to use Wine with SimCity4Deluxe, NAM, Modding Tools
        **ATTENTION:  Recently began having problems with Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 and SimCity4. After an update, the game would only run in software mode. I have done a lot of digging to try to find the exact cause, but so far no luck. I have gone back to Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 until this gets fixed.
            About ten years ago I made Ubuntu my only OS, after dual booting with XP for about a year. I had only one regret, I could not get SC4D to run in Wine. I tried a few times over the next few years but still had no luck. Then a couple of years ago I decided to dig in and get it running.
            My first success came with the help of PlayOnLinux, finally! I used this setup until, recently, I decided to try working directly with Wine without the extra layer of PlayOnLinux. So I dug a little more and eventually I gathered most of the info I was looking for on the interweb. Much of this was, things I didn't know I needed to know, until I knew them.
            Now, I had a lot of info, but some bits seemed to contradict other bits, so I began to develop a repeatable, controllable, procedure that would allow me to test a defined set up, document it, rinse and repeat. The process I settled on, exposed the unreliable information, but gave rise to more questions. I dug around, got some more bits, and started again. This time it all came together.
            Eventually, I settled on a kind of combination set-up method using wine / winetricks / wine tools. I'm more of a nuts and bolts kinda guy,so this satisfies me. There are other ways to achieve the same results, and I may tackle them some time, but for now, I am concentrating on using this method to install SimCity4Deluxe and some of the modding tools.
            As a part of the testing process I developed sets of instructions, so I could repeat a particular set-up, exactly the same, multiple times. After using them for awhile, I decided they were solid and they might be helpful to other people. So I edited them into a more readable format and added some, (I hope), helpful information.
            Currently, I have finished these;
        ∘Wine How To - Install Wine 1.8:i386 (32 bit)
        ∘ Wine How To - Install SimCity4Deluxe (plus updates)
        ∘ Wine How To - Install NAM
        ∘ Wine How To - Install GoFSH
        ∘ Wine How To - Install Gmax Extended
        ∘ Wine How To - Install ILive Reader 1.4
        ∘ Wine How To - Install SC4-PIM X

Credits: Most of the information I gathered was from WineHQ, Winetricks, Ubuntu forums, SC4Devotion forums, Simtropolis forums, many sage postings by 'A Nonny Moose' (found these everywhere), along with bits from numerous Linux editorials.
      • By olegario39
        when i try to build a perpendicular onramp on my sunken highway, it ruins the "sunkenness" of the highway...

• By Urban_Shadow
        Hi there, I looking for some tutorials on how to get started with this, I don't have any exp. on moding but I would like to start with simple goal mind, creating a new, functional building.
        I've been looking around and there are some tutorials but they are too confusing for me since I don't know where to start, and so, I though about a simple guideline of what I want to do.
        If I want to add a new building I should:
        1.- Learn how to make a building, what tools do I need, how do I use them, can I import a model from other progams like photoshop or a 3D modeling program?
        2.- Learn how to add it to the game, without replacing an existing one and place it in the correct tab.
        3.- Adding stats to it, I don't want it to be free, I want it to have a cost, a monthly fee, demo cost and if possible, fundings.
        4.- Giving it properties so they have an effect other than just be there, that means produce energy, clean pollution, increase coverage, raise or lower land value, provide housing, business and/or jobs, etc.
        5.- Make it an unlocklable so it's not avaible from the start until certain requirements are met like date, population, ratings, etc.
        My goal is to expand my gameplay and knowlage, I know there are tons of mods out there, but I would like to do it myself and create my own things.
        So there, any help would be great, thanks.
        PD: I want to try using my own stuff and not others, thanks again.
      • By Skibitth.YT
        Hello guys!

I am an youtuber and I love this game! I had many problems to start the game because of a crazy crash. The main reason is the STEAM. But there is a simple way to fix the problems. Hope it will work for you as it did for many others youtubers.
        1. Start the STEAM

2. Turn off the internet (unplug the cable)
        3. Start the game
        4. Load your save game
        5. After the game is loaded plug in the internet or turn it off if it is wifi
        Good luck!

You can also check my youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXlNqOmA-ewyaHJV2a71Ihw to have a look on a beautiful city and the work that I put there! It's for fun and hope you can join me!

Cheers skyliners!

• By VeeTHis
        Hopefully this is my last "How do I make" post.
        I was wondering how to make prop packs like this one: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30733-hd-north-american-40ft-semi-trailers-vol1/
        I bet it involves a lot of modeling in Gmax and a lot of work in the PIM. It would be super helpful if someone tells me how to.