10 posts in this topic Last Reply

I am working on lotting and relotting so my plugins folder is quite bare, but it has the Vanilla Landmarks (which I usually don't have as I play with Maxis blockers.) I noticed the problem a while back : when a street was being constructed, or just after it was, if I plopped some of my lots (they are parks) along it, suddenly the BankofAmerica erupted there --not aligned but more or less straddling the street.

BankofAmerika%20intrusion%201-XL.jpg

It disappeared if I bulldozed the lot or the street. It does not happen on roads or at roads intersections. It happens with any lot (other landmarks, cheatplopped buildings...) but not with Maxis parks.

Easy to fix : since I don't play with Maxis landmarks, I just have to put back the Maxis LM blocker, I suppose.  but I'd like to know what happened. Obviously, at some point in my lotting-relotting process, I must have done something, right ?, since it has never happened before -- and I mean NEVER, and I've played for years. Anyone has experienced that ? Or knows what can be happening anyway ?

NB : NAM 34 is installed in my working folder and since the bug happens when I lay down streets, I had to put in the tags, albeit with a question mark *:)

ID conflict most likely, something is linking back to that model.

Thing is, unless you've downloaded extras, the LMs will never appear, they are plop lots and do not usually grow.

Given it's happening in such a widespread manner, it makes me wonder if a prop or even blank building model somehow is referencing (via the RTK property), the Bank of America building. This is definitely one for DataNode or otherwise using the Binary Search method.

Without knowing what's in your plugins folder, the most help I can offer is the ID of this building:

0x5AD0E817,0xBADB57F1,0x10030000

Find an exemplar where the Resource Key Type # has this value, most likely that's your culprit.

• Original Poster
  • The plot thickens -- maybe : I blocked all Maxis LM, but the Bank of America still intrudes. Perhaps it is in the game itself ? Anyhoo. I will look into it with the ID you've provided and DataNode. ... Er... what must I look out for in DataNode ? is there a specific telling signal or do I just search for something that has the same ID number ?

• Original Poster
  • Not parks or my parks (I took them out). And -- oh joy -- it is intermittent. Sometimes it happens on the street (not roads, mind you) that is being built, sometimes it happens if I plop a building while the street is being built, sometimes if I plop something on the right side of the built street, sometimes not at all. WTF ???

Are you using a growable Maxis landmarks mod? Here's my educated guess:

Some custom lots use a technique where they put dummy buildings in the lots and the actual building is a prop, as in ploppable diagonals or parks. Now, my guess is that the mod author used an existing prop exemplar as a template for the landmark prop, only changing some properties like the TGI ID and the RKT, however, many vanilla exemplars are linked to a 'cohort' file that enables them to have various functions, like a lamppost being a normal prop but also a T21 prop that appears on roads; maybe the original landmark prop was linked to a cohort file, the modder left that connection, and that gives the landmark prop it T21 properties? Or maybe the template was a T21 prop? in either case that may be why it appears intermitently and only when you update a street. Or maybe it's somehow working as a flora exemplar? Again, I'm just speculating, but if you have such a mod, it may be worth checking the files in PIM-X and Reader to see if there is a faulty landmark prop somewhere.

• Original Poster
  • Not using growable Maxis landmarks. This is my working plugins folder, the bare--boned one used for lotting-relotting. (Which is why I am not yet pulling at my hair. If my PLAYING plugins folder does this when I get back to it and play, I might begin howling for real *:) )

Hmmm... maybe it's due to a faulty dependency pack?, of course, we can rule out the BSC mega packs and other commonly used files, there may be some obscure dependency lurking in your plugins folder somewhere, beyond that, I'm out of guesses. :???:

The binary search method may be a good option for finding out the culprit.