14 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello Mitchell's

When I was reading FAQs about SC4 on CheatBook Database 2017

I Found an genius idea

Opening the region menu and making a SMALL "city" tile completely purposed for garbage collection

The kicker ?

Its the fact that, ALL kinds of pollution doesn't travel through city tiles

So, If you do that and make that place full of "Garbage>Power" plants funded with zero cash

You get your private "Garbage Blackhole"

One more

Since ALL kinds of pollution doesn't travel through places

That place can be purposed for dirty industry too !

But there are two problems

1-50 Years and "power plants" get rekt

2-Car traffic outflow AKA insane amounts of traffic between borders caused by normal workers AND people wants to take a shortcut

The solution of the first problem is simply getting every single "Business Deal"

But How Am I going to get all the business deals in a short time ?

The solution of the second problem is simply building LOTS subways and subway lines

---

What are your thoughts on this ?

What tactics you can give to me ?

Is it possible to make that place self sustainable by getting all the "business deals" ? (I Am thinking about giving some  fireplane and police outpost protection)

Thank you for all the advice

The idea does work very well. For specifics I believe it'll depend on how you play the game. If you are playing plain vanilla without any extra mods or custom content then the garbage tile with dirty industry can still be made sustainable. When you start the tile paint trees all over it before you name it. Then spread out the factories so there are trees between each of them to help mitigate the pollution to make that tile not as deadly looking. Even that isn't needed tho because low wealth Sims will still live in a toxic atmosphere. Simply balance the amount of industry with the amount of residential so they are all employed.

For the dying power plants in vanilla the idea is once this tile is set up and functioning you just don't re-visit it and you need not worry about the life of the infrastructure. Same goes for the cash flow. It can be negative but doesn't matter if you don't re-open the tile. The other solution (which I use) is to grab Paeng's Age Degradation Mod 1.0. (Which should be named Anti-Age Degradation IMO cause it makes the power plants last for a long, long time.) For other custom power plants you can edit them in Reader to set the variable for aging. I do that too and just make them never die.

• Original Poster
  • Just now, CorinaMarie said:

For the dying power plants in vanilla the idea is once this tile is set up and functioning you just don't re-visit it and you need not worry about the life of the infrastructure. Same goes for the cash flow. It can be negative but doesn't matter if you don't re-open the tile

Are you telling me that:Plant Age timers doesn't stop counting but script that demolishes power plants when they get too old stops working when you leave the city ?

And

A City never gets bankrupt if you don't take a visit that city ? because of the "Bankruptcy Situation Script" stops working when you flee that city

Great "cheats" or tips N tricks

Thank you

Just now, Danyal said:

Are you telling me that:Plant Age timers doesn't stop counting but script that demolishes power plants when they get too old stops working when you leave the city ?

And

A City never gets bankrupt if you don't take a visit that city ? because of the "Bankruptcy Situation Script" stops working when you flee that city

Great "cheats" or tips N tricks

Thank you

Time only passes in cities while they are open and unpaused. When you put a power plant in a city, it degrades only according to the passage of time in that particular city.

Just now, Danyal said:

I'll re-phrase it: When you are not in the city tile no time is running and therefore the power plants do not advance in age.

1 minute ago, Danyal said:

A City never gets bankrupt if you don't take a visit that city ?

Correct. Same as above since no time is running in that city tile when you are not in it no expenses are charged to that city. And by the same token no income is accrued.

• Original Poster
  • It feels like cheating but...

Who cares ?

The only "last gen" City Sim game that I can play is SC4D and its not cheating because this is how game is MEANT to be played

Also, How much money can I make by all business deals except that "Green Goo Dump" ?

1 minute ago, licoricebomb said:

This is probably irrelevant, but why did you call us "Mitchell's" at the start of this thread? I'm unsure what that means

Since it's in both of Danyal's new threads I'm guessing it's the equivalent of: Hey guys.

• Original Poster

Oh. I forgot to reply to this:

They are all listed here. I'll let you add them up. *;)

600Monthly revenue left to all other things (250X2 for cops and firemen + I wont be counting taxes)

Ok this question will be HARD to answer

My Region idea (All of them are small tiles)

XXX
    XOX
    XXX

The middle (Landfill) will be connected to all outside tiles by water connection (All tiles will be connected by water ways)

The middle (Landfill) will be connected to the green tiles by the bridge AND subway connection (It will be hard making bridges)

With 600 Revenue left

Is it enough to fund highways and lots of subway lines ?

• Original Poster
  • Just now, licoricebomb said:

This is probably irrelevant, but why did you call us "Mitchell's" at the start of this thread? I'm unsure what that means

Jonathan Irons, The savior of the humanity

Story of AW simpified

Jonathan Loses his son in war led by USA

He gets mad and wants to stop wars and build utopia

He proposes friend of his son to fix his arm in cost of joining him

KVA wants to kill tech by wiping out nuclear reactors first

ATLAS PMC company (Led By Irons) rescues someone that knows that info

Jonathan kills the informant so nobody will know what will happen

Nuclear plants explodes all across world

He helps the whole world and becomes the savior

Mitchell and Lola learns this and wants to stop him 

Jonathan declares war to the whole world because politicians doesnt solve worlds problems

Whole world wants to stop him

Mitchell tries to kill him only to get greeted by Irons in this scene

Two faced Mitchell kills the only person in the world that can bring peace (Because MURICA)

Its a simple reference nothing more

Also don't call me cod kid

I Am an COD1 MOHAA BFV veteran so respect me

14 minutes ago, Danyal said:

Is it enough to fund highways and lots of subway lines ?

Your plan looks good to me tho I don't have the answer to your question. I would have to set up a test region to find out. Same as you can do. *:P

• Original Poster

Your plan looks good to me tho I don't have the answer to your question. I would have to set up a test region to find out. Same as you can do. *:P

If only I could use SC4D

There are two PC's on my lifeplace

MODERN ONE that I currently use

CPU:AMD ATHLON II X2 250 (For some reason, II makes me remember F4 Phantom II because of Vietnam flashbacks)

RAM:2GB DDR3

Gigabyte GMA 880 UD2H

"GPU":Ati Readeon HD 4250 (Momboard GPU that I allocated 256 MB RAM)

Runs on Puppy Linux because my mom thinks Windows is useless since she doesn't need using programs with .EXE stuff

OLD ONE

CPU:Intel Pentinium 4 2.6 GHZ

RAM:512 MB DDR0 (Prehistoric RAM doesn't match RAM pins of DDR1 Nor DDR2)

GPU:GeForce 2 MX 400

Other games installed: Baldur's Gate 2/SW Empire At War 2/FS95/FS98

Can I run this game with 9 Small tile regions ?

4 minutes ago, Danyal said:

OLD ONE

<snip>

Can I run this game with 9 Small tile regions ?

That comp should be quite adequate for the purpose.

I'm running my SC4D on a 2004 (year built) Pentium 2.8ghz with 1gb ram and a really old video card with 512mb ram on it and I can do 12 x 12 large tile regions and it's not perfect, but plenty good enough for me.