7 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hey everyone, 

I need a little bit of guidance here. I'm tryig to build a T-Interchange with NAM 35's RHW. But apperently, I can't plop a FLEXfly piece ontop of another FLEXfly without having to deal graphical issues. Is there a way i can resolve this, or should i just avoid ploping two (or more...) FLEXfly pieces ontop of eacht other?

I am also seeing weird textures, when i use the FLEXRamp Type A2 together with RHW-6S L1. Any ideas on how to fix this?

another_ugly_intersection.thumb.jpg.9464be94e45c95efabf36b947b8ad3c0.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Oerk

Hi!

sadly, those errors aren't only visual glitches but shortcomings or outright exclussions from the NAM. Specifically, the crossing of FlexFly pieces would require absurdly huge amounts of code and is virtually unfeasible. Your best option is to use two 45° flexfly pieces with a diagonal span of ramp in the middle, and to cross the second flex-fly on that part.

About the A ramps with RHW6S, its a design decision: as the 6S width overhangs on the outside, to have a narrow A ramp going on the same tile would imply to overlap them both, so the only available configurations are the ones that either reduce the number of lanes or increase the number of used tiles: A wide, B, D and E type ramps.

• Original Poster
  • 2 minutes ago, matias93 said:

Hi!

sadly, those errors aren't only visual glitches but shortcomings or outright exclussions from the NAM. Specifically, the crossing of FlexFly pieces would require absurdly huge amounts of code and is virtually unfeasible. Your best option is to use two 45° flexfly pieces with a diagonal span of ramp in the middle, and to cross the second flex-fly on that part.

Hi,

Thanks alot for your answer. I'll use 45° pieces then.

6 minutes ago, matias93 said:

About the A ramps with RHW6S, its a design decision: as the 6S width overhangs on the outside, to have a narrow A ramp going on the same tile would imply to overlap them both, so the only available configurations are the ones that either reduce the number of lanes or increase the number of used tiles: A wide, B, D and E type ramps.

Yeah, i already figured it out, right after i posted this question =P

Thnaks for your answer tho.

Cheers,

Oerk

Actually, the visual glitch on the L1 RHW-6S version of the Type A2 FLEXRamp was in fact an issue we had somehow missed in making the new Euro RHW texture set during NAM 33 development (2 years ago).  I've just fixed it, and that fix will be part of NAM 36, which is . . . imminent.

We are actually looking at a limited solution for FLEXFly-over-FLEXFly, restricting it to specific points on the curve, but it's still not going to be a particularly easy project, and definitely not something for NAM 36 (especially as it is . . . imminent).

-Tarkus

• Original Poster
  • On 9.9.2017 at 0:17 PM, Tarkus said:

Actually, the visual glitch on the L1 RHW-6S version of the Type A2 FLEXRamp was in fact an issue we had somehow missed in making the new Euro RHW texture set during NAM 33 development (2 years ago).  I've just fixed it, and that fix will be part of NAM 36, which is . . . imminent.

Nice! I'm so excited for NAM 36 right now!