Dirktator

New: Discord Chat for Simtropolis

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

In the search to find a better Chat, we're now experimenting with Discord, which some of you have suggested. If you've never heard of Discord, it's one of the most popular chat platforms geared for gamers and online communities. 

Here's what you need to know:

So if you feel like it, come indulge us in the Discord chat experiment!  We look forward to seeing you on!

Enjoy!

PS. If you don't link your Discord account to Simtrpolis, the Bot won't be able to recognize you as a member of Simtropolis and update your Discord role so you can access the #members-only channels, instead you'll be limited to just our #public channel.

Just tried to connect to Discord. I don't understand why I can't log in, it shows an error page like this:

Mayor, we have a problem...

Your discord email address is not verified!

Error code:

2 hours ago, huzman said:

Just tried to connect to Discord. I don't understand why I can't log in, it shows an error page like this:

Mayor, we have a problem...

Your discord email address is not verified!

Error code:

You need to verify your email with Discord. You should have an email to do so from them. Try again after verifying your email.

3 hours ago, _Michael said:

You need to verify your email with Discord.

Thanks _Michael! So checked my email, opened the verification note and ended up in post describing the goodies in Discord. Couldn't get beyond that.

6 hours ago, huzman said:

So checked my email, opened the verification note and ended up in post describing the goodies in Discord. Couldn't get beyond that.

Once the email has been confirmed, you may be required to authorize Discord access to your ST account from this page.

From here, click the button to sign in and enter your Discord email and password:

Discord Profile Auth Settings.png

Then the next page, clicking Authorize allows permission to copy over your member privileges. Once entering the chat window, it should automatically upgrade your access rights to the #members-only channel. One thing you'll need to setup is your avatar, as it doesn't automatically sync this.

Once linked, the setting page (here at ST) will show the time when your profile was last synced with Discord.

Oh man, this is getting ridiculous! look here:

discord1.jpg.0a23865b7046683ffd929c1ca02ecc1c.jpg

Punch save, nothing. Punch Synchronize Now, nothing. The hell with it. Another thread I don't need. Don't even bother answering this, but thanks for your help.

• Original Poster
  • 2 hours ago, huzman said:

Oh man, this is getting ridiculous! look here:

discord1.jpg.0a23865b7046683ffd929c1ca02ecc1c.jpg

Punch save, nothing. Punch Synchronize Now, nothing. The hell with it. Another thread I don't need. Don't even bother answering this, but thanks for your help.

It looks like you're all synced up and ready to go.

All you have to do is visit our Discord:   https://discord.gg/9mf8uRr

Yes it worked. But it keeps asking me avatars, passwords, email address, 'claim before it's lost' and what not. So, although I managed to log in, I don't intend to use Discord. In fact, you may want to delete me from the list of users.

Thank you very much for your tip Dirktator, really appreciated.

• Original Poster
  • On 8/18/2017 at 6:01 PM, kschmidt said:

Public chat seem not to work with me in Firefox !

Some known bug or to crowded 14 members yet online ?

Sincerely yours,

kschmidt

Try clearing your Firefox browser cache or force refresh the page as the Chat link has updated.

Our Chat is now powered by Discord. 

You'll need a Discord account, then you link your Discord account with Simtropolis and that's it.

Once you confirm/link your Simtropolis account, you'll be able to see all the member's only chat rooms.  If you don't confirm, you'll just see our #public channel.

Was having no problems with the chat (Discord) until tonight. I've been on the chat about 3 or 4 times, no issues. At the "what do you want people to call you?" screen as I'll call it, now, for whatever reason, when I click 'login' by where it says "Already have an account? Login" nothing happens. I have tried on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox, so I have to assume it's just a temporary bug going on at Discord. Anyone else having this issue?