Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By chfzdn
      Hello,
      We have ideas for city simulation games but we don't have places to discuss and show off aside from forums. While this is working well, it can slows down consensus-based decision making. For instance, the SimCity 4's plugin redistribution problems remain unfixed completely due to lack of proper consensus among file exchanges. These problems are preventing the bigger challenges to be solved including the heavily-discussed better plugin downloading system.
      The Citysim Conference attempts to making the ideas into reality by grouping citysim community figures (game makers, modders etc) into one physical places. This year's Citysim Conf addresses open-source city simulators and SC4's plugin redistribution and downloading systems. For the place, we want to be accessible by everyone, especially Asian figures (who accounts for awesome mods). This will be decided by consensus. The time for the conf is around May 15, 2018. For who are asking for logo, preparations and other media, we want the figures who competent in the field to make it well (logo can be made by @Ganaram Inukshuk etc).
      Share your own replies (opinions included). Replies are respected. Thank you for your attention.
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      February 2016 is my month to join a Minecraft server, Azalel Nation. Yes, it's an Indonesian server with good uptime (~90%). In my first days, players are nice and friendly to me. But, after I give some gameplay advices, some players becoming hate to me. It sounds crazy but it isn't all true, because I almost spam (but I never committed spam intentionally) the chat. This is becoming stronger as I'm applying as a helper in the server. Yes, unlike Simtropolis etc, they are "democratic" so recruit players using an application (the reason I quoted democratic because they don't have voting, they only selected by the owner/co-owner with some opinions and considerations). And, my first app is failed due to some reasons:
      I don't have vision to be a staff My behavior is commented by others My "flying time" (active time) is little Bad time management I'm not giving up. But, because I'm had childish behavior (some of this is remained in this day) or the community nature, I am becoming kind of angry when criticized by one of the staff, @SiKece (this may not a valid mention in Simtropolis) and created a topic called Pertimbangan Kembali (Reconsideration) around the site recovery (the site hacked in August 2016 and Sladey becoming webmaster to switch to new instance). The topic becoming hot and locked by the webmaster (@Sladey) After that, I created another topic named Disclaimer. Of course, the topic is created to disclaim staff opinions. Again, the topic becoming hot and staffs giving their opinions. The topic is closed again by @SiKece. But, I don't give up, again. In late 2016, I created a new application with updated info but it's blacklisted without any reason, maybe due to my topics. Again, I created a new app on December 2016, but it's rejected due to my staff app blacklist. In the end, I had given trial as a helper by @Silver750 (co-owner) for 30 days. But, due to reasons, my trial is failed. I created a new app but rejected due to "after the trial". After that, I becoming hated and I becoming disturbed by them, for instance, my avatar is vandalized by a member. So, in late 2017, I'm considered to change my active ID to other but rejected. After that, I'm fled from the community to ST and SC4D. Of course, my situation becoming better. I experienced (till this day) a good and not childish staff.
      Lessons: don't give unnecessary advices, better to be efficient but transparent, good time management and recommended to not use your real avatar on forums, especially undemocratic ones.
      You can access my profile for proofs. Don't forget to be translated by Google Translate or Indonesian forum users.
      Thanks.
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      When I make a reply ina topic, I saw this message:
      Thanks.
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      Security is important. Lots of sites have a security center. Imagine if I am a security researcher/white-hat hacker and I found an exploit. What should I do? Is there a security center? Is it private? Does the community have a good disclosure process?
      Thanks.
    • By chfzdn
      Hello,
      The major redesign of the site header led by @corinagrigorovici (eh, @CorinaMarie) and @CycleDogg (again, I mean @Cyclone Boom) is awesome. A new logo is included in the top of the logomark (text as a logo). This change also brought a new thing, @A Nonny Moose memorial button with its tooltip. But, anything in the world isn't perfect. Simtropolis' header has some flaws. The logo location is above the logo, which not fine. This isn't a problem if the logo isn't too tall like the Walt Disney logo, but our logo is too tall. So, we need to resize our logo so the logo isn't too tall. Or, switch to unstacked version, like SimCity 4 Devotion or Ubuntu did. If two choices aren't sufficient, you may switch to logomark only version, while using the logo in cases like Twitter avatar. The memorial button location isn't fine, thanks to the very tall logo. The fix is relevant too, fix the logo first, then align the button if not correct.
      I hope you'll accept my suggestions. Sorry for mistakes.
      Thanks.