SimCityHawk

SimCityHawk's real world based cities

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

Highlighted Posts

Hello all!

I love SimCity3000. I have played it since I was a little kid back in 1999. 

During the years I have created many cities based on the real world. My goal is not to maximize population count nor to seek extreme land values. My goal is instead to create authentic cities that represents the real world in the best way possible. For instance, if a city has a reputation for a high level of crime, I will try and make it look so.  

I will upload the files on this forum in the future. 

Some examples of cities I have created in SimCity 3000: 

Los Angeles, Las Vegas, New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, El Paso, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Vladivostock, Moscow, Cairo, Berlin, Paris, Prague, Rome, Hamburg, Rotterdam, Amsterdam, The Hague, London, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Reyjkavik.

Some of these I have already uploaded under the ST exchange for SimCity 3000 maps and cities.  I will upload more when I have more time on my hands....! Please, let me know what you think. And feel free to send me a message if you have a suggestion for a new city.

Cheers!

• Original Poster
  • 1 hour ago, huzman said:

Sounds Great! Please up-load them here. Do it and get a reward...*:ohyes:

I have uploaded Los Angeles, Las Vegas, London + many more already on this page: https://community.simtropolis.com/files/category/43-cities-maps/

The reason why I haven't uploaded all my cities is that they are on another harddisk that I do not have acces to right now. But I'll get it in the nearest future ;-)

EDIT: huzman - What is my reward, then? :D

Could you please upload Prague map? Or at least the Prague terrain. I've been looking for this for years. 

• Original Poster
  • On 24/5/2018 at 1:24 PM, baxtry12 said:

Could you please upload Prague map? Or at least the Prague terrain. I've been looking for this for years. 

Hi @baxtry12, sorry for the late response.

I have created my own Prague-terrain. However I never managed to finish the city creation. The file is saved on another computer, that I will get access to soon. Are you still interested? 

• Original Poster
  • Hi again @baxtry12

I have just now sent you a private message with my Prague terrain file attached to it. I can see that in the file I have started creating a little bit of road network a few years back. But apparently I was not motivated to continue working on the city *:lol: 

I would love to see your Prague city. Would you care to share it here when you are finished? 

• Original Poster
  • @baxtry12  I can see that I have tried making the inner medieval city of Prague look authentic with curved streets. But it's not easy to create medieval city centers like Prague in SC3000.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an Account  

Register a New Account

Sign In  

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By AndisArt

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SimCity 3000!
        SimCity 3000 turns 19 today and in celebration here is your chance to get your favorite buildings from the game into SimCity 4!
        From now until Sunday, February 11th 6pm UTC you can nominate up to three of your favorite buildings from SimCity 3000. Then the content creators will pick from the most popular votes and recreate these buildings for SimCity 4! 
        Here are the rules:
        each user can post up to three buildings for nomination buildings must be original SimCity 3000 content (incl. Add-On content) and not be custom made buildings must not be from the landmarks category with real-world buildings, only original designs from the game nominations are required to be showing a clear image of the building, preferably with the original ingame name if possible please post your nominations individually, so that each building can be liked. the most liked buildings will be considered for creation. Users can give likes to as many buildings as they want For submitting the nominations you can use pictures from the internet or from the SimCity 3000 STEX section, play the game and make a screenshot (please note the name of building as well) or check this selection of SimCity 3000 buildings found here (with names): 

For BATers: This project is open to all BATers, if you want to participate, post here or send me a PM. Your involvement can be as small or big as you like. There will be two rounds of due dates for the submission of the buildings, targeted for March and April respectively. BATers are not required to lot their buildings if they dont want to and can just submit their creation as a SimCity4 .model file. 
        So far we have for creating BATs:  JP Schriefer, MushyMushy, Diego del Llano, jasoncw, mattb325, nofunk and myself
        Happy submitting and good luck!
      • By AndisArt
        Hi guys,
        I made a few screenshots of SC3K buildings as a reference (create for the SC3K to SC4 Bday BAT Project).
        Feel free to add your own.

Bradbury Building

Brick Arms Apartments

Even Keel Estate

Hampton's Apartments

Insurance Plaza

Maxis Theater

Palazzo Apartments

Plush Manor

Red Brick Apartments

Stoclet Apartments

The Fritz

Villars Apartment

• By SharkD
        I'm interested in emulating SimCity terrain generation for a LEGO project I am working on. Could someone explain the differences between SC3K and SC4 terrain?
        IIRC, SC3K has three vertical slope levels, and can only model right angles and 45 degree angles. How are things different in SC4? Does SC4 also limit you in this way?
        Thanks.
      • By SimCityHawk
        Hello all.
        This subject is something I have thought about for a long time. I love all kind of city building games, but SC3000 has always been my favourite. Why is this? Well, other than some childish nostalgia I think map size has a lot to do with it. I have played a decent amount of SC4, but I have always been frustrated about the small map sizes. I know you can build large regions in SC4, but these regions consists of smaller independent maps that are rendered independently. This has always irritated me with SC4, since I never had the feeling that I was building something very large in one picture.
        I know the map size in SC3000 isn't very large either, but I do think it is easier to build a metropolis like city in one map in this game.  
        Please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is something I have missed about SC4s map sizes, I would love to hear. SC4 is such a nice game, the graphics are awesome and way more realistic than SC3000. The community and downloads has always been bigger and better for SC4, so I would love to make a switch to the game, but I never think I will unless one can build large cities in ONE map. 
        Do you guys know something that I don't?
      • By SimCityHawk
        The capital of Sweden, Stockholm, in SimCity 3000.
        Population: 918.921
        Created by SimCityHawk