Jump to content
jzeltman

jz's creations | [Asset Release] Corrugated Roofs

43 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, jzeltman said:

Wouldn't this run into LOD issues though? if the building model was a prop, wouldn't it have a very limited LOD? or is that something that could be overriden?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625608461

You can also artificially inflate the measured size of your asset, which will fix culling problems, I did it with my warehouse solar panels, just make an infinitely thin triangle which goes over the edges and also higher than the actual prop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  • 25 minutes ago, Ronyx69 said:

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=625608461

    You can also artificially inflate the measured size of your asset, which will fix culling problems, I did it with my warehouse solar panels, just make an infinitely thin triangle which goes over the edges and also higher than the actual prop.

    Thanks Ronyx I will have to do some testing to see the best way to go about it

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  • Been a while since i've uploaded. but continued working on things nonetheless. Most recent release: 

    4118065D783F7D7672DD5FA7070B01584B935331

    Available here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1125543336

    Working on a set of elevated conveyors: HiresScreenshot_35.png

    Unsure if I should just release the level version, or create angled versions as well? Any suggestions? 

    In real life, the angled sections connect back to the grain elevator picture behind

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Really great releases! My only gripe with it is, is that they are 18mb, but that´s probably due it consisting of two buildings. I would add an angled version aswell to the conveyors, shouldnt be that hard.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  • Just now, Darf said:

    Really great releases! My only gripe with it is, is that they are 18mb, but that´s probably due it consisting of two buildings. I would add an angled version aswell to the conveyors, shouldnt be that hard.

    Yeah, the 18mb is because the 2 buildings are using the same 2k texture. But that should be handled by loading screen mod from what I understand?

    And the hardest part about the angled pieces will be having the pivot in the middle. My idea is to make 1 angled piece, but really tall so that you can raise/lower it as you'd like, and still have it be textured.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I have already tried this Súper Usina in-game, and wow, it's looking good, and it's a huge building. It's impressive. It really is a cathedral of the industrial era, towering over the rest.

    I see you are working on a building next to Dársena D now. That one looks even longer on Google Maps.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
  • Original Poster
  •  

    2 hours ago, Turjan said:

    I have already tried this Súper Usina in-game, and wow, it's looking good, and it's a huge building. It's impressive. It really is a cathedral of the industrial era, towering over the rest.

    I see you are working on a building next to Dársena D now. That one looks even longer on Google Maps.

    Screenshot_58.png

    Screenshot_59.png

    Screenshot_57.png

    And here is a for-scale image. Each angled section is 9x1 in the game and angled at 5/10 degrees. I think I need another at a steeper angle, and perhaps thinner

    And yeah @Turjan I'm working on Dársena D with this one. I figure that wasn't anything quite like this on the workshop, and it looks cool and old so I'd give it a go. Each elevated conveyor is a 9x1 building in the game. Still trying to figure out if I want to just keep them as parks, or make them a RICO industry building.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an Account  

    Sign up to join our friendly community. It's easy!  

    Register a New Account

    Sign In  

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now


    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×

    Help Keep Simtropolis Online, Open & Free!

    stexcollection-header.png

    Would you be able to help us catch up after a bit of a shortfall?

    We had a small shortfall last month. Your donation today would help us catch up for this month.

    Make a Donation, Get a Gift!

    We need to continue to raise enough money each month to pay for expenses which includes hardware, bandwidth, software licenses, support licenses and other necessary 3rd party costs.

    By way of a "Thank You" gift, we'd like to send you our STEX Collector's DVD. It's some of the best buildings, lots, maps and mods collected for you over the years. Check out the STEX Collections for more info.

    Each donation helps keep Simtropolis online, open and free!

    Thank you for reading and enjoy the site!

    More About STEX Collections