2. CorinaMarie

CorinaMarie

3. korver

korver

4. matias93

matias93

• Similar Content

• By NoCopyNoMod
      Hey fellow Simtropolians! I'm looking for a few people who would be interested in starting a region together.

1. I am on North America West 3
      2. Prefer people who will play long term, not just a few days. Maybe even going on to create multiple regions.
      3. Prefer communication via the in game chat or Skype. It is fun to play alone but I want to interact!
      4. Any experience level welcome. I consider myself "moderate" in terms of ability. By no means expert.
      5. Definitely want to work towards achieving one or all of the "Great Works" - I have yet to be in a region that was active enough.
      6. I play a lot. Sometimes early morning, some times late at night - so hoping that no matter your time zone - there will be someone around to play.
      7. I only speak English - sorry.

So that's my story. Feel free to message me on Origin or Add me in game or... I don't know. This is a new experience for me, I've played many cities alone and many "private" regions with my brothers but they simply aren't the Sim City Addicts that I am.

Looking forward to meeting you soon!

NoCopyNoMod
    • By Mikimoto26
      Pegg Bank began as an experiment in city building using techniques that would prevent the Infinite Commuter Loop, an issue this Mayor has always dealt with.

Named for the Star in the Reasonably Priced Car on the episode of Top Gear at the time, Simon Pegg.

This coastal town began with 4 little towns in a surrounding region, only one being connected by a single road to the north.

The town began along the coast, focusing on Manufacturing industry. Soon the growth spread to commercial and more people began to move in.

Currently plaguing the city is the mass of commercial buildings that have taken over the majority of the coast. As seen in the photo above, it is the same time of building over and over.

How can this city move beyond this sprawl of commercial?
      With hardly 20K sims living in Pegg Bank, upgrading to high density commercial is not an option at this point, even with the healthy budget with a surplus of at east a few thousand over expenses.

Residential areas are compact, with the majority of buildings being constructed on a 1x1 tile.

The residential developments are created in pods of 10x10 with roads or streets 2 tiles apart to lead the 1x1 homes to the main street down the middle. That main street will lead directly to the commercial (where the majority of sims work)

How can this small city expand, knowing that the majority of land area will go to commercial builders?
    • By Andrew S
      First upload, please let me know what you all think and what needs improvement.  I plan on making some more halloween themed parks.  Just put the .SC4Lot file in your Plugins folder.  1 Dependency Needed, link in comments section.  Only tested on SC4 Deluxe.  No lighting at night due to inexperience.  Will continue to make edits and updates to this file as time goes on.  Lot size is 3x6.  Thank you!
      *file needs a few updates, will try to do it by the end of the week*
    • By tariely
      TL-Simsim Infinity Parks Again (modules)

Someone [thanks, pghpgx !], alerted me to the fact that some of the modules and parks of my earlier modular upload (Tariel-simsim Infinity Parks) did not have the same grass texture as the rest. Here they are, duly corrected : one 2x2 park (which can also serve as a module attached to other parks), two 1x3 (which can form rectangular 3x2 parks, put together), two versions of a 3x3 and finally a 4x4.  You can still use the ones with the previous grass texture as standalones, of course.
      NB : you may want LLB’s 3 addons, (in the first upload) to link all these parks & modules more funkily.
      Dependencies :
      Someone protested that I don’t disclose my lots’ dependencies up front here. So here they are (as well as in the folder).
      BSC_BATProps_Mattb325_vol02.dat
      BSC MegaProps_MJB_Vol01.dat
      BSC MegaProps_MJB_Vol02.dat
      BSC Textures vol.01 : http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=90  [well, this one doesn't seem to click-work, but the URL is the right one]
      BSC Textures vol.02
      DEL_People MMP: in VIP Delecto Ploppable People
      Nams Props Pack Vol.1.dat
      Nams Props Pack Vol.2.dat
      PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
      wmp_power_props01.dat
      Ftexture.dat (included)
      Rivit NightLights (included
      Girafe Trees : Berries, Beeches, Chestnuts, Elms, Honey Locusts, Lindens, Maples, Rowans.

Many thanks to my technical gurus, Rsc204, Kosc and Dreadnought. And especially Rivit, who lighted my SC4world and is always generously ready to help. And the guys and gals on the forums (Twalsh, Matias93, Fantozzi, Catty-cb, Corinamarie…). We need help when we begin peeking under the hood of SC4. That the community is always there for us noobies is a constant and pleasant reassurance.

General warnings :
      (1) This is for SC4 Rush Hour.
      (2) I play with NAM36, RRW-EU selection (it shouldn’t interfere here, but you never know !)
      (3) I also play with Twrecks Maxis HD Tree Replacement (if you don’t use it, your trees might look a bit different ; perhaps you should use it…)
       (4) I play Nights. Hence the included RVT zNightLighting. Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. If you dont want it, you can either tweak my lights in the Lot Editor or get rid of them entirely.
      (5) I like trees. I make intensive use of trees. Especially Girafe tree collection on the LEX ; so here’s the link, once for all ; just follow it into the woods.
    • By tariely
      Tariel Pagoda Park (9x8)
      This one is all my own, I made it from scratch way back then when I began lotting and relotting, (i.e. last year), and I learned a lot while making it, so it is dear to my heart. Yes, the list of deps may seem daunting, but you may already have most of them, (especially if you’ve downloaded some of my other parks.)
      BSC MEGA Props JRJ Vol05 (Trees-P-T.dat)
      BSC MegaProps_MJB_Vol02.dat
      BSC MegaProps_swi21_Vol01.dat
      BSC Prop_Pack_DiggisPonds2.dat
      BSC Textures vol.02 
      BSC TexturePack Cycledog V01b
      FrankU Farm Prop Families Maxis and Bsc V1.1.dat 
      JENX_Trees v.1 BSC (for Mattb325 willow tree)
      LBT Mega Textures Pack vol 2
      KRG_CP_Mediterranean Selection.datKRG-CP Mediterranean Selection (7)
      Nams_Props_Pack_Vol_02
      Nos.17 Essentials V12 (nos.17 CarCollection_ortho.dat & _diag.dat)
      VIP Rural Pack Fixed (for  OR_VIP_Narcissus.dat, R6_VIP_HerbesPampaBig.dat, R6_VIP_HerbesPampaSmall.dat, R6_VIP_IrisDesMaraisSaisonniers.dat, R6_VIP_RoseauxBig.dat, R6_VIP_RoseauxSmall.dat, Vnaoned_VIP_Herons.dat)
      PEG-MTP_MM3-ForestFlora_MOD_100.dat, in PEG MTP Forest Pack
      PEG-MTP_Super_Resource_Pack.dat in PEG MTP SUPER PACK
      PorkieProps-Vol1.dat
      http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/11421-porkie-props-vol1-european-street-accessories/
      RVT Nightlights (included)
      Tamorr_Family_Prop_V1.dat, in Tamorr’s Resource 2.05
      VIP-Delecto Plop People (Del_People.dat, DEL_People MMP)
      VIP-Vnaoned Propspack vol01
      wmp_power_props01.dat, in WMP Power Lots

GIRAFE TREES GALORE : Ashes, Beeches, Berries, Birches, Bushes, Chestnuts, Conifers, Elms, Honey Locusts, Lindens, Lupins, Maples, Norway Maples, Rowan trees. You can always add more if you want to…
      Many thanks to my technical gurus, Rsc204, Kosc and Dreadnought. And especially Rivit, who lighted my SC4world and is always generously ready to help. And the guys and gals on the forums (Twalsh, Matias93, Fantozzi, Catty-cb, Corinamarie…). We need help when we begin peeking under the hood of SC4. That the community is always there for us noobies is a constant and pleasant reassurance.
      General warnings :
      (1) This is for SC4 Rush Hour.
      (2) I play with NAM36, RRW-EU selection (it shouldn’t interfere here, but you never know !)
      (3) I also play with Twrecks Maxis HD Tree Replacement (if you don’t use it, your trees might look a bit different ; perhaps you should use it…)
       (4) I play Nights. Hence the included RVT zNightLighting. Depending on your using or not a Light Replacement Mod, the lighting will be slightly different, but There Will Be Light. If you dont want it, you can either tweak my lights in the Lot Editor or get rid of them entirely.
      (5) I like trees. I make intensive use of trees. Especially Girafe tree collection on the LEX ; so here’s a link, once for all ; just follow it into the woods.