11,947 posts in this topic Last Reply

Help please, I was watching a video today on youtube and seen a jack in a box, and I cant seen to get it anywhere. But it not Kevdan's , Maybe a relot?

This is that pic

IMG_0424.PNG

2 hours ago, Evanjs said:

Help please, I was watching a video today on youtube and seen a jack in a box, and I cant seen to get it anywhere. But it not Kevdan's , Maybe a relot?

You want @Follarch version

PS: That took literaly 2 secs when using the google site:community.simtropolis.com/files/ search
PPS:
merged your posts ;)

1 minute ago, MissVanleider said:

you do have to use them with the correct canals but this is the closest that I know.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response.

Posted (edited)

Pardon me. Does anybody still have those long El-Rail/RR/subway transitions by Caribou? Their site went down, and I'm unable to find those things anywhere else.

Caribou_Long_Transitions [SC4Wiki].jpg

Edited by Razzion  

I think I might've broken a rule.

23 hours ago, fredinno said:

Are there sloped El Rail or Monorail Stations I can download?

Sloped as in 'being able to put one half of the station on a higher ground than the other half'? If it is, you'll need to check for overhanging stations, so you can plop them before or after the on-slope transition piece. IIRC, some Xyloxadoria's stations (the ones added with the NAM) overhang a bit, enough for this use.

14 minutes ago, Razzion said:

Pardon me. Does anybody still have those long El-Rail/RR/subway transitions by Caribou? Their site went down, and I'm unable to find those things anywhere else.

Also, (unrelated) a really old one:- the "Subusway station", which if memory serves me, uses the default Maxis bus stop model. Is that one still around anywhere?

Caribou_Long_Transitions [SC4Wiki].jpg

I remember a onedrive folder was linked on this same thread, less than one month ago, where this transitions are available. Keep in mind that, except for the middle one in the image (el-rail to subway), they connect incompatible networks: el rail and subway are light rail systems, and conventional rail is heavy, able to move freight and with different speed and capacity. When you find them, it would be a good idea to mod them privately with the SC4tool to use them exclusively with either heavy or light rail.

45 minutes ago, matias93 said:

Sloped as in 'being able to put one half of the station on a higher ground than the other half'? If it is, you'll need to check for overhanging stations, so you can plop them before or after the on-slope transition piece. IIRC, some Xyloxadoria's stations (the ones added with the NAM) overhang a bit, enough for this use.

I have overhanging stations. If that's the best available, oh well. It's that it looks strange if sloped.

And I need to find these lots to remove. :)

how can I get this where is it.png

where is this.png

The Nexis Greenhouses, originally created by mrbisonm - you can see them here in the upper row -

25bd8975022267ee65b810b9cbfb9e67-35-dutc

Where they only bundleded with this

Or were they released somewhere else as an indipendent prop pack etc.?

14 minutes ago, olegario39 said:

is there a mod that automatically lets you add sidewalks to fractional angle roads? 

The new draggable roads have the same sidewalks as the rest of the networks, and puzzle pieces are being progressively replaced by them. Try to check if a draggable option is available. In any case, there is an outdated option, through custom content, to add sidewalks to puzzle pieces, but is really inflexible.

5 hours ago, olegario39 said:

is there a mod that automatically lets you add sidewalks to fractional angle roads? 

Yes there is:

That covers all the legacy Puzzle Pieces, regardless of the sidewalk used. You will also find a bunch of texture mods for specific sidewalks (support is limited) by @sithlrd98 on the STEX.

However...

5 hours ago, matias93 said:

The new draggable roads have the same sidewalks as the rest of the networks, and puzzle pieces are being progressively replaced by them.

Which with the exception of OWR/AVE networks is true, check out this video for how to use Draggable FAR Roads, they are much better:

I want to put mains wires in the streets with all this mess of power cables. Where can I find this MOD? Here is the photo I found: I want something like that. Does anyone know where to find it?

1.jpg

The mod is called the "Japanese Sidewalk Mod v2" and can be found here.

However, most of the mod's filenames, download description and readme are all in Japanese. Not that it should put you off, the mod is fantastic, but my advise take your time installing it. It needs quite a few dependencies to work, but those are clearly listed in the documentation. Use of a online translation tool will probably help too.

BTW, NotDensen = NoWires, so you probably don't want that ;).

I'll update here if I can find the tutorial on installing it, there was one somewhere...

Small piece of advice:

I do know that a lot of these Japanese ascetic transport network mods are not compatible with the latest NAM versions. If you run into functionality issues using them, I would suggest an uninstall.

24 minutes ago, Haljackey said:

I do know that a lot of these Japanese ascetic transport network mods are not compatible with the latest NAM versions. If you run into functionality issues using them, I would suggest an uninstall.

That's not actually the case. The only changes in NAM that broke compatibility are related to RHW and the ID changes as part of P57.

This mod is just a T21 mod, so long as the IDs of the pieces don't change (which they haven't), it will continue to work. There are two considerations however that you should make:

1. Usually such mods by default do not correctly load after z___NAM. You MUST alter the folder name so it starts with z____ (minimum of 4 underscores), do NOT use the original zzzz or whatever system, it won't work. This is the #1 cause of problems and people wrongly assume the mod is broken, when it's simply being overridden by the NAM.
  2. Old mods may not have been updated to work with new pieces of the NAM. In the case of this mod, that means some of the WRC/Drag FAR and other new content will not be supported.

In the case of this particular mod, it works really well, even with NAM35. The main gaps are some Road Curves and OWR Signalised intersections added in NAM 34. A patch by Magneto adds a few extra WRC street pieces that are otherwise unsupported too.

I installed the MAN 35, but I do not use the streets and avenues of it. I often use the roads of the game itself. With the original roads of the game this mod works perfectly! What did you mean?

Has anyone ever done any cactuses?  Either flora or props, growing "in the wild" or smaller potted varieties?
Or does Maxis have cactuses (cacti?) as part of their bldgprop files?

1 minute ago, Ceafus 88 said:

@madhatter106

Would this work for you or be what you are looking for?

Hmmm I guess what I am really after is a set of props - I wanted to do a commercial BAT (a cactus retail seller) that had some cactuses and succulents throughout, and rather than modeling and making my own and including them in the BAT itself (rather than as props on the lot), I figured I would see if they already existed close enough to what I was going for, so that way I wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

What I don't know about flora is if you can use them as props - I guess a prop pack that had a bunch of cactuses would be the best way to go?

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2790

@madhatter106 The dependency in that file is where the models for them come from, the plants you see are just props from this pack, at least that is what I am getting from the description.

The props in this pack include seasonal trees and shrubs, flowering trees and shrubs, and trees and shrubs from the tropics, the desert, the mediterranean, eastern and western North America, and elsewhere

As well as the quote from description the file I posted above.

Credit goes out to the BSC team and C.P. for the incredible desert models.

2 hours ago, madhatter106 said:

Has anyone ever done any cactuses?  Either flora or props, growing "in the wild" or smaller potted varieties?
Or does Maxis have cactuses (cacti?) as part of their bldgprop files?

There are several: one shrub by maxis, many desert flora by Cycledogg (cannot remember on which packs), and maybe some things by Flunight, but they are tropical (i.e. from the sertão)