Miccrosshill

mic´s assets: Release Jacked-up Boat & SailingShip "Simtropolis"

188 posts in this topic Last Reply

• Original Poster
  • I hate to finish projects *hehe* and when i have a new idea - i need to start directly .. so all other projects got to pause to give me some time to check the new one ..

Parasailing in CS ... coming as ferry so this can be in motion .. will be a nice gimmic in each city ... ;)

preview.thumb.jpg.404ab7de60527bfe60d7313d0c034c0b.jpg

Wow! That looks really cool. I've been parasailing a couple of times and it is so much fun! Great idea to have it as a ferry.

• Original Poster
  • What if you want take your boat out? You need some storage room and not everyman takes his boat on the trailer back home .. so now you have the possibility to rent a storageplace near the Dock - thats the way modern Cim´s handle this ;)

coming soon to your city (wip)

pre2.jpg.c37a2d95521716a151f63162646ce514.jpgpre1.jpg.224946cd26a93f6400b86fb61857974f.jpg

6 hours ago, Miccrosshill said:

What if you want take your boat out? You need some storage room and not everyman takes his boat on the trailer back home .. so now you have the possibility to rent a storageplace near the Dock - thats the way modern Cim´s handle this ;)

coming soon to your city (wip)

pre2.jpg.c37a2d95521716a151f63162646ce514.jpgpre1.jpg.224946cd26a93f6400b86fb61857974f.jpg

Perfect.

• Original Poster
  • also coming - Windsurfer as Prop and as ferry - i need to see live on the water ;)

but i am struggeling with characters - trying to get a lowpoly Char boned to set up easy poses for all needs (have citizens on my boats will be also nice because floating assets cant take any props). so this will maybe take some time. But the model without char is ready to go ..

pre.jpg.515b17f41c5c1312fdf63c4e8d22119d.jpg

• Original Poster
  • i having the issue that my colormask dont work anymore on props .. my files are ok - when i switch to a building template - the color will be shown - but as prop nothing happens .. anybody with the same issue?

17 hours ago, Miccrosshill said:

i having the issue that my colormask dont work anymore on props .. my files are ok - when i switch to a building template - the color will be shown - but as prop nothing happens .. anybody with the same issue?

Enable color variations in the asset editor properties thing. Save the prop. Load the prop. Change colors then.

• Original Poster
  • Thx ronyx for the tip :)

unfortunatly my router went down and i am sitting without internet access at home - gives me a lot of time to finish and/or continue my models.

So this WIP is for AmiBerlin : Die Weisseflotte!

preview.jpg.de19eeb332d2f7df76666607be5bc257.jpg

as soon my internet is back - it will be uploaded to the workshop ;)

I'm loving the look of that boat storage - I know just where I'll put it! :)

Hope your Internet is working again! Always a pain when that goes down.

That boat looks promising. I'm looking for a ferry that doesn't need very high bridges over canals, and this might just be it. The lowest I found so far needs bridges in the 15-18m height range if the water level in the canals is relatively high.

• Original Poster
  • Original Poster
  • On 13.8.2017 at 8:51 PM, Turjan said:

That boat looks promising. I'm looking for a ferry that doesn't need very high bridges over canals, and this might just be it. The lowest I found so far needs bridges in the 15-18m height range if the water level in the canals is relatively high.

The model is 7,5 m high - 0,5 m under the water - should be fitting under a 9m bridge ;)

6 hours ago, Miccrosshill said:

The model is 7,5 m high - 0,5 m under the water - should be fitting under a 9m bridge ;)

I checked, and you are right, 9m is sufficient :) :

E84D2ED215D999183026ACC1C86CF267FF38FF28

The whole ship changes color with the line color btw.

Also thanks for all the cool surfer stuff.

Excellent stuff. Would you consider making a variety of regular surfboards and kayaks? I ask since there is a lack of them on the workshop and they would complement my next asset release.  

• Original Poster
  • He exurbanite,

i have kayaks on my list along with some stands for them - so you can desgin a maritime sportsclub. More Windsurfers in diffrent designs (sail) are also on the list. I will maybe do a floating kayak, but the problem is - so small maritime assets looks sometimes weird - i modeled a british narrowboat - and it looks soo strange ingame. Anyway - it will take a little - i have to finish first my quaay project.

preview5.thumb.jpg.58fb81a2d5d8c981b19030a534f0cb7a.jpgpreview6.thumb.jpg.3673f3192c7f3f5d45c3b409f5048e9f.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Test ingame with the first two modules :

Quay with Ramp

Quay simple

i dont put props on them because i think its better each one can detail "his" quay hmself - found these nice bent lamps that look nice on the quay .. the quay come just with benches an some fences smaller "props" (in the 3d model)

preview8.thumb.jpg.605b115a49cbb839f5e987db72ca38ae.jpgpreview7.thumb.jpg.2bdfbfc2c293c30f6c7ef06557ba9cd8.jpg

9 hours ago, Miccrosshill said:

He exurbanite,

i have kayaks on my list along with some stands for them - so you can desgin a maritime sportsclub. More Windsurfers in diffrent designs (sail) are also on the list.

Ah, nice, looking forward to their release. I just wanted basic land props, I don't mind if you can't get the floating versions to work properly. 

• Original Poster
  • last finetuning - i have to replace the 45° piece with a 90° for better placing and there is a problem with the terrain - you got a hole that cant be filled .. but to build a marina - this assets will be perfect!

sorry for the big res of the preview - but to get some details on the far parts it has to be.

preview9.thumb.jpg.c6f6367ea3c3d13eea72e6683fe6b4c1.jpg

• Original Poster
  • Thx gfvsims :)

and they are finished - had a hard time to get all i wanted like no flood sign - easy positioning with streets - and pathways/hangouts for sims .. but finaly i got it :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121527660

swt_qs01.png.d83b06165b814c0c6d7e7986235d73a7.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121528529

swt_qs02.png.2dd6144bdce8995df04d5dfc29affa21.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1121529248

swt_qs03.png.6bd52cf8e7f5a371d70dc8afb28d2dce.png